The Student Room Group

Djcad 2016/17

Hellllllo!!! Just wondering if anbody on here has applied for the general foundation course at DJCAD? Its my first choice and i want to get in really bad, ive been offered a place at Grays .
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Apieceofcabbage
Hellllllo!!! Just wondering if anbody on here has applied for the general foundation course at DJCAD? Its my first choice and i want to get in really bad, ive been offered a place at Grays, and Edinburgh but chose not to accept Edinburgh.

yeah I have!! I applied for dundee, glasgow and edinburgh and have gotten an offer for edinburgh too. what courses did you apply for?
I applied to Dundee and Edinburgh, still waiting to hear back from both! I'm not sure which I'd rather go too
Original post by caralouiser
yeah I have!! I applied for dundee, glasgow and edinburgh and have gotten an offer for edinburgh too. what courses did you apply for?

My first choice is Dundee, i really want to go there haha. Its for the General Foundation at Dundee, Painting at Edinburgh, Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow and Contemporary art at Grays! What about you?
Original post by Pamplegranet
I applied to Dundee and Edinburgh, still waiting to hear back from both! I'm not sure which I'd rather go too

Oh, you will hear back from Edinburgh within the next like 10 days then! And Dundee is just so appealing to me, the environment of Dundee is something i really like.
My first choice is Dundee, i really want to go there haha. Its for the General Foundation at Dundee, Painting at Edinburgh, Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow and Contemporary art at Grays! What about you?

i applied for the same but didn't apply to grays, did you hear back from glasgow?? i think i might go for edinburgh
Oh, you will hear back from Edinburgh within the next like 10 days then! And Dundee is just so appealing to me, the environment of Dundee is something i really like.

It seems really student oriented, and like a really whole education, I'd love to go there. Yeah Edinburgh are taking their time with me, I've applied to Illustration and the wait is killing me!
It seems really student oriented, and like a really whole education, I'd love to go there. Yeah Edinburgh are taking their time with me, I've applied to Illustration and the wait is killing me!

I just seen your post on the other thread!! might be easier to chat on that one as there is more people on it!
Reply 8
Hi there! I applied for Dundee as well. Dundee general foundation and Edinburgh Illustration first year. Then GSA comdes- but I was unsuccessful. Still haven't heard from ECA and was supposed to send my online portfolio to Dundee by 23rd of March. The waiting is killing me.
Does anyone know when DJCAD get back to students usually? I just got rejected from Edinburgh so I really really hope I get this!
Reply 10
Does anyone know when DJCAD get back to students usually? I just got rejected from Edinburgh so I really really hope I get this!

Sorry to hear that. Wish you good luck with Dundee. Heard Dundee is an amazing school especially for illustration. But they asked for portfolio quite late and I think there is also a possibility of being invited for an interview, isnt it? Hopefully, it will be ASAP and no interviews! The waiting is nerve-wracking. (sorry if I made a mistake. English is not my first language. :smile: )
Original post by Momodom
Sorry to hear that. Wish you good luck with Dundee. Heard Dundee is an amazing school especially for illustration. But they asked for portfolio quite late and I think there is also a possibility of being invited for an interview, isnt it? Hopefully, it will be ASAP and no interviews! The waiting is nerve-wracking. (sorry if I made a mistake. English is not my first language. :smile: )

Yeah I heard that too, and I'd love to do illustration :smile: I also submitted my portfolio on the 23rd March! I just got accepted into Gray's today so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic for Dundee now :smile: Your English is great!
Reply 12
Yeah I heard that too, and I'd love to do illustration :smile: I also submitted my portfolio on the 23rd March! I just got accepted into Gray's today so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic for Dundee now :smile: Your English is great!

Well, I've got an email from ECA and was unsuccessful. DJCAD is the only hope now... :-\
Reply 13
Anyone heard anything? :smile:
Original post by Momodom
Well, I've got an email from ECA and was unsuccessful. DJCAD is the only hope now... :-\

I got rejected too, hopefully we'll be successful for Dundee!
Original post by spaces
Anyone heard anything? :smile:

Nothing yet!
Nothing yet!

Same here haha, anyone got any idea when they they were planning to reply?? :smile:
Anyone else been invited to interview after submitting portfolio to DJCAD Fondation course?
Reply 18
Original post by u2415
Anyone else been invited to interview after submitting portfolio to DJCAD Fondation course?

Nope. Don't know if it is good or bad... Is an interview like the second round or you don't have to have one and still get an offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Momodom
Nope. Don't know if it is good or bad... Is an interview like the second round or you don't have to have one and still get an offer?

I believe it says on the website that they only ask for an interview in some cases, when they require additional info. Don't ask me what that might be though. I still haven't heard anything since the portfolio confirmation, and that was March 23.

Quick Reply

Latest