The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Question about entry requirements

I've received an offer for 280 ucas points from 3 a levels or 2 a2 and 2 as levels. If i'm retaking biology does it mean that they will consider my A in economics, my future grade in biology and 2 of my as level grades? Or as I did 3 a levels they will only consider my 3 a levels?
Original post by tuilola
I've received an offer for 280 ucas points from 3 a levels or 2 a2 and 2 as levels. If i'm retaking biology does it mean that they will consider my A in economics, my future grade in biology and 2 of my as level grades? Or as I did 3 a levels they will only consider my 3 a levels?

Hi tuilola,

The way it works is Admissions will look at your A level/AS grades and see which way works best for you. So if you have received more UCAS points from the 3 A Levels that's what they will look at, but if you receive more points from 2 A levels and 2 AS levels then they will use this.

However, they will only look at the combination of three A levels or 2 A levels and 2 AS levels, so for example they won't look at 3 A levels and 1 AS level. Also, if you have taken the AS level to A level, then they are unable to use that AS level grade as that AS level now becomes void because you have received an A level for that subject.

I hope that has cleared things up for you, but if not please don't hesitate to ask any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have applied to do marketing with a placement year, does this placement year have to be in Nottingham or can i choose to do it in Birmingham?
Original post by shin12
I have applied to do marketing with a placement year, does this placement year have to be in Nottingham or can i choose to do it in Birmingham?

Hi shin12,

Your placement can be anywhere in the country or even abroad if you like! As long is it is approved by the Employability team (but you will find out more information about this in your first/second year).

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending