The Student Room Group

Best friend has started bitching about me since I got a boyfriend?

So around Christmas, one of my childhood friends asked me out. I was so happy because he's so nice and he's amazing in terms of looks. I told my best friend and she just smiled at me and said it was good that it had happened. I didn't make anything of it until about two months later. I was sent screenshots from a mutual friend of mine and her's. The screenshots were messages of her calling me a goldigger (my bf comes from a rich family) and a selfish bitch because I was leaving her. I've tried talking to her but when I mentioned the screenshots, she's just said that I've been selfish getting a bf and has refused to talk to me.

I'm upset at the moment but my bf has told me to let go of her if she can't let me be happy.

What do I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So around Christmas, one of my childhood friends asked me out. I was so happy because he's so nice and he's amazing in terms of looks. I told my best friend and she just smiled at me and said it was good that it had happened. I didn't make anything of it until about two months later. I was sent screenshots from a mutual friend of mine and her's. The screenshots were messages of her calling me a goldigger (my bf comes from a rich family) and a selfish bitch because I was leaving her. I've tried talking to her but when I mentioned the screenshots, she's just said that I've been selfish getting a bf and has refused to talk to me.

I'm upset at the moment but my bf has told me to let go of her if she can't let me be happy.

What do I do?

Let it go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prolly jealous of your relationship , maybe she liked him before idk
Reply 3
Listen to your boyfriend and let her go. She either liked the guy herself or she could just be jealous of you. Either way that's not a way to talk behind someone's back even if you are hurt. I do not think she is as good of a friend as she gave the impression she was. You do not need that type of people in your life as eventually they will just put you down
Original post by Anonymous

What do I do?

I don't think she is your best friend anymore...
Reply 5
Call her out on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think she's just jealous you have a boyfriend when she doesn't. Maybe she even liked the guy herself but I'm not really sure about that! If you let her go, you will have no one to socialize with, when he isn't around! :colonhash:
Jealousy came to mind. Perhaps also you guys are not hanging out as much since you got a bf and she doesn't like that.

Either way, just let it slide and disconnect with her. If she is ready at some point to talk then by all means.
The best thing to do is to let her go, it sounds to me like she is being immature. I know its hard to let go of childhood friends, I have done it myself. My old friends were immature and didn't like that I didn't go out every weekend, I wanted to focus of my studies and save money to see me through summer. One of them became nasty towards me and I decided enough was enough and cut them out of my life, they will come back once they have grown up and apologised. I have new friends now who are as level headed as me. They all started acting like this when I got my boyfriend. I tried to spend time with them by doing other things that did not involve alcohol but thats all they wanted to do.
I hope I have helped.
And remember, people come and go in your life, its the ones that understand and want to be there that are your true friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending