The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
I generally say what I'm writing in my head, and if there's two lots of words it messes with me :lol:

They're so great, aren't they?! :awesome: I have another set that are silver wire scrunched up balls, and another that are paper lanterns :h:

We have a few 'common room' type areas, so people tend to spread out so it isn't as loud. We also have a silent study mezzanine though that I use in an emergency when people are really hyper and I can't concentrate, that one is really useful :smile:

I have some wooden hearts and stars one, they are so dreamy and relaxing. :daydreaming:

My college is loud everywhere, it is open plan and it just doesn't feel conducive to working efficiently. :nopity:

Spoiler

Original post by Andy98
Loool no - dyspraxia means all the electrical* impulses go the long way round.

(My brain finished that message where the asterisk is - the body was playing catch up for the rest)

Ohh, wow, that must be really annoying! :redface:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I have some wooden hearts and stars one, they are so dreamy and relaxing. :daydreaming:

My college is loud everywhere, it is open plan and it just doesn't feel conducive to working efficiently. :nopity:

Spoiler

Ooooh they sound lovely :love:

There's an open plan school near me and it looks like a nightmare :eek2:

Nah the school is actually lying - it isn't a real mezzanine, but now that they've called it that the name has stuck. It's essentially a loft conversion of the sixth form block, it's got a long thin bit with desks on either side and nice big office chairs (not the ones with wheels), and a computer area :smile:
Ohh, wow, that must be really annoying! :redface:

After 17 years you get used to it
Ooooh they sound lovely :love:

There's an open plan school near me and it looks like a nightmare :eek2:

Nah the school is actually lying - it isn't a real mezzanine, but now that they've called it that the name has stuck. It's essentially a loft conversion of the sixth form block, it's got a long thin bit with desks on either side and nice big office chairs (not the ones with wheels), and a computer area :smile:

It is an absolute nightmare! You just get people who are messing around and you can't exactly avoid them or escape the noise because, well, open plan. :emo:

Spoiler

It is an absolute nightmare! You just get people who are messing around and you can't exactly avoid them or escape the noise because, well, open plan. :emo:

Spoiler

Haha, is the whole thing open? :K:I don't think I'd be able to cope, I like having individual areas and being in smaller spaces :yes:
Haha, is the whole thing open? :K:I don't think I'd be able to cope, I like having individual areas and being in smaller spaces :yes:

Kind of, like most of the study spaces are open. :frown: I prefer that too, which is unfortunate. :frown:

Have you ever studied the invention of love btw? :smile:
Kind of, like most of the study spaces are open. :frown: I prefer that too, which is unfortunate. :frown:

Have you ever studied the invention of love btw? :smile:

Nope, what's it like? :curious:
Nope, what's it like? :curious:

The most awful text I've ever studied! I mean I think you can get some good themes and quotes from it but it's so dry... :s-smilie: I have no idea why we did it in class. :redface:
The most awful text I've ever studied! I mean I think you can get some good themes and quotes from it but it's so dry... :s-smilie: I have no idea why we did it in class. :redface:

:rofl:
I hate studying texts to death in class, I'd find it so much more useful to cover lots of them and do my own analysis rather than spend 4 weeks on one text :emo:
There's a shop near by me that always has a basket of discount ones :love: They're so nice and last for ages :h:

Yes! What're your favourite ones?
Original post by Student403
Yes! What're your favourite ones?

Cinnamon stick, Lemon lavender and Spiced orange :woo: yours? :ninja:
Cinnamon stick, Lemon lavender and Spiced orange :woo: yours? :ninja:

Ohh I must try those!

I like Clean Cotton and Midsummer's Night!
Update 13/04/2016

The first few days back at sixth form have been going well!

Yesterday:
Free period: I wrote an essay in timed conditions for Russia (resit) about the aftermath of the October Revolution. I wrote an essay plan using my notes though, so it wasn't entirely exam conditions. However, out of the 45 minutes I would have in the exam it only took me 30 to write 4 sides.
History: We didn't have a teacher so I did some of my English Language coursework instead.
English Language: We revised all of the key content for the exams and I surprised myself at how much I knew, which was good!
English Literature: We did some stuff about symbolism in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'
Free period: I spent this lesson with my History teacher doing some revision for Russia. She'd marked the essay I'd done in the morning and I got 48/50, which I was really pleased with!!

Today:
English Language: We didn't have a teacher so I went over an exemplar essay to see how to improve mine.
English Literature: We did a bit of work on one of the characters in All My Sons.
History: As we'd normally be doing coursework with this teacher and we've effectively finished, we got a lesson of independent revision for our American History exam.
Gen studs: Oh the joys. We did some research on different art styles in each century.
Free period: I did some more History revision!

I got new pens?!
IMG_20160412_222615.jpg

I ordered some new pens from Muji after my first one ran out!

I ordered a pack of 12 coloured 0.5 gel pens, and a pack of 6 black ones from the Muji website.

They are honestly just the best thing and I needed to show you them...!

Pens!!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)
How do you manage to fit so much in! Today has been so unproductive for me (like yesterday), I think I'm finally burning out. :burnout::lol:
Is A Streetcar Named Desire good? I think I might consider reading it, it seems to be popular and I am curious. :tongue:

Are they like regular gel pens? I love felt tip pens for revision, the paper mate flair ones are amazing. :colondollar:
How do you manage to fit so much in! Today has been so unproductive for me (like yesterday), I think I'm finally burning out. :burnout::lol:
Is A Streetcar Named Desire good? I think I might consider reading it, it seems to be popular and I am curious. :tongue:

Are they like regular gel pens? I love felt tip pens for revision, the paper mate flair ones are amazing. :colondollar:

That's just lesson time :yes: I actually did nothing tonight after school :emo: take a break if you think you're burning out! :hugs:

It's really good actually - it gets quite dark quite quickly at the end, but I'd definitely recommend it :smile:

I find that they have a smoother line than a lot of other gel pens, and that they aren't as inky (although you can't highlight them straight away still), they're just really satisfying to write with :colondollar: I use the staedtler felt tips :love:
That's just lesson time :yes: I actually did nothing tonight after school :emo: take a break if you think you're burning out! :hugs:

It's really good actually - it gets quite dark quite quickly at the end, but I'd definitely recommend it :smile:

I find that they have a smoother line than a lot of other gel pens, and that they aren't as inky (although you can't highlight them straight away still), they're just really satisfying to write with :colondollar: I use the staedtler felt tips :love:

Do you have every lesson every day? :tongue: And with the expanse your lessons cover I think you're safe, having done 'nothing'. :colondollar:
I hate it when I can't highlight something because of the pen I use, it makes me feel conflicted. :dry: Those light/pastel highlighters (think they are Japanese?), the name of which eludes me atm, are so pretty and I really want some. :daydreaming:
I will definitely read A Streetcar Named Desire then, or at least some of it. :smile:

Spoiler

Do you have every lesson every day? :tongue: And with the expanse your lessons cover I think you're safe, having done 'nothing'. :colondollar:
I hate it when I can't highlight something because of the pen I use, it makes me feel conflicted. :dry: Those light/pastel highlighters (think they are Japanese?), the name of which eludes me atm, are so pretty and I really want some. :daydreaming:
I will definitely read A Streetcar Named Desire then, or at least some of it. :smile:

Spoiler

Yep, I have every subject and then 2 frees :smile: it does give me a lot of lesson time, which is nice :biggrin:

Mildliners? :biggrin: I have some of those too, they're so pretty :love:

Spoiler

Omg every subject every day?! @Gingerbread101 you're so lucky. :biggrin:

Lol yes mildliners :colondollar: I love the grey one (I'm so boring :getmecoat:). Can you only get them on amazon?

Spoiler

Spoiler

How many pens do you have altogether? :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending