The Student Room Group

Guys, if you had feelings for a girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
If i had feelings for a girl i would defo make an effort to see her. Two weeks is a long time to not speak with someone you like.
If the girl had made an effort then i absolutely would. Shows shes actually interested in me.

It hurts but it's what I needed to see.
Original post by Anonymous
It hurts but it's what I needed to see.

Im guessing hes not made an effort?
Im guessing hes not made an effort?

It's been 2 weeks and he hasn't made contact. I thought I would leave it and see just how long it would take before he realised he wanted to talk to me.

I feel that I make at least 5x as much effort as he does. I'm really getting nothing out of this.
It's been 2 weeks and he hasn't made contact. I thought I would leave it and see just how long it would take before he realised he wanted to talk to me.

I feel that I make at least 5x as much effort as he does. I'm really getting nothing out of this.

I've been in a similar situation with a girl i liked before. She never messaged me unless i messaged her first.
I know how you feel and im sorry your going through this. Hopefully he'll realize what hes missing out on or youll find someone even more amazing!

At least he makes an effort (sometimes) he should really be doing a lot more though.
Depends where he's away at. Considering we all have phones and a facebook account I'd definitely have contacted my girlfriend within those two weeks though. Talk to him about it ^.^
I've been in a similar situation with a girl i liked before. She never messaged me unless i messaged her first.
I know how you feel and im sorry your going through this. Hopefully he'll realize what hes missing out on or youll find someone even more amazing!

At least he makes an effort (sometimes) he should really be doing a lot more though.

I'm starting to believe that the only time he does is when he wants something like sex or emotional support. I have been going through depression for the past few months and he is nowhere to be found, even though he knows what I'm going through and has been depressed before.

There are times when I have cried daily because of his shytty behaviour. I have had other guys show an interest since this began with me and him but I didn't want to end up using someone to get over him.
Reply 26
yes I would be able to
Original post by fatima1998
it depends on the person
if they are bothered enough to talk and leave whatever they are doing for a moment
that happens less in todays generation
loads of them had numerous amount of bfs/ gfs - surely if you find true love then why to go for another...
you gotta find true love to apply that rule - i think...

I kind of agree, I think its nice if someone takes time out to give a properly thought through response rather than the kind of autonomous texting that you get a lot of. But I still think that if someone has gone 2 weeks without speaking to you, they clearly haven't taken the time out to speak to you. My verdict - uncute.

You're right on the second part, but you could also make the case that if you don't go through some wrong people you might not fully realise how 'right; your right person is for you when you meet them.
Original post by dean01234
I kind of agree, I think its nice if someone takes time out to give a properly thought through response rather than the kind of autonomous texting that you get a lot of. But I still think that if someone has gone 2 weeks without speaking to you, they clearly haven't taken the time out to speak to you. My verdict - uncute.

You're right on the second part, but you could also make the case that if you don't go through some wrong people you might not fully realise how 'right; your right person is for you when you meet them.

yeah yeah... thats what i meant tooo...
just explained it different i guess :yep:
I'm starting to believe that the only time he does is when he wants something like sex or emotional support. I have been going through depression for the past few months and he is nowhere to be found, even though he knows what I'm going through and has been depressed before.

There are times when I have cried daily because of his shytty behaviour. I have had other guys show an interest since this began with me and him but I didn't want to end up using someone to get over him.

Wow that's really bad. He shouldn't use you like that. That's awful of him.
He sounds like he doesn't care about how you're feeling and only wants to use you.
I know depression is tough (I don't have it but I know a bit about it) and you need all the support you can get.

I'm sorry to hear that. Does he know about that?
I would follow up with one of the other guys tbh. If they've shown interest in you then go for one of them (if you like them that is). I don't think it's gonna go anywhere between you and this guy I'm afraid. But I do think you're better off without him as he sounds like a jerk from what you've said here.
You need someone who loves you for who you are and wants to take great care of you and treat you like a princess. That's what I would do for a girl if I had a girlfriend.
Reply 30
If you werent so gay!
Would you find it possible to go for a fortnight without speaking to her? If so, why?

Would you make an effort to see her when you could, especially if she made the same effort you? Or is this not a big deal?

If you have feelings for a girl, don't ignore her. Speak to her when she speaks to you but don't talk too much because she might find it annoying. If she makes an effort to see you, try to do the same.

Having said that, don't see each other too often or else it would be rushing the relationship and it would mean it might not last very long. Whatever you do, do not ignore her if she keeps messaging you because it will make her feel neglected and unwanted which could go downhill very fast...
Original post by MevMev
unless he's genuinely busy with something serious

this is like the stupidest excuse.
being busy for 2 weeks straight or even 3 days straight, like you could literally ring someone in the shower, whilst cleaning, etc if you really wanted to speak to them. People need to get a grip and stop using "busy" as a long term excuse.
Reply 33
being busy for 2 weeks straight or even 3 days straight, like you could literally ring someone in the shower, whilst cleaning, etc if you really wanted to speak to them. People need to get a grip and stop using "busy" as a long term excuse.

excuse me what if his mum died i wouldn't speak to anyone
do u know what i mean u have to look at the excuse behind the excuse
Wow that's really bad. He shouldn't use you like that. That's awful of him.
He sounds like he doesn't care about how you're feeling and only wants to use you.
I know depression is tough (I don't have it but I know a bit about it) and you need all the support you can get.

I'm sorry to hear that. Does he know about that?
I would follow up with one of the other guys tbh. If they've shown interest in you then go for one of them (if you like them that is). I don't think it's gonna go anywhere between you and this guy I'm afraid. But I do think you're better off without him as he sounds like a jerk from what you've said here.
You need someone who loves you for who you are and wants to take great care of you and treat you like a princess. That's what I would do for a girl if I had a girlfriend.

I told him about my depression and he didn't say anything. He never even asks me about it or checks up on how I'm feeling like I always did when he had his.

I am hoping to first spend some time healing myself before pursuing any kind of other relationship because I don't want to use some poor guy as a rebound. I'm hoping to just spend lots of time being good to myself. Because you're right; I do deserve better.

Awww, any girl would be lucky to have you :smile:
I told him about my depression and he didn't say anything. He never even asks me about it or checks up on how I'm feeling like I always did when he had his.

I am hoping to first spend some time healing myself before pursuing any kind of other relationship because I don't want to use some poor guy as a rebound. I'm hoping to just spend lots of time being good to myself. Because you're right; I do deserve better.

Awww, any girl would be lucky to have you :smile:

Ouch that's harsh of him. Surely he could've asked you how you were (how are you getting on btw?)
You showed you cared about him but he's too dumb to realize the mistake he's made here!!!

That's a wise idea tbh. You dont need to experience this again.
That makes sense tbh, I can understand that.
Yes, make sure to heal yourself and become yourself again first! You do absolutely deserve better!!

If only that were true!
Would you find it possible to go for a fortnight without speaking to her? If so, why?

Would you make an effort to see her when you could, especially if she made the same effort you? Or is this not a big deal?

i haven't spoken to my crush in 2 years partially because she moved to poland for a year and i haven't been out much since the business started to pick up but if she contacted me the yes i'd make time during my lunch break or when i've finished working and am just calculating and planning
Ouch that's harsh of him. Surely he could've asked you how you were (how are you getting on btw?)
You showed you cared about him but he's too dumb to realize the mistake he's made here!!!

That's a wise idea tbh. You dont need to experience this again.
That makes sense tbh, I can understand that.
Yes, make sure to heal yourself and become yourself again first! You do absolutely deserve better!!

If only that were true!

To be honest I have been better. I'm working on it by cutting all toxic people out of my life and focusing on goals and hobbies though :smile:
To be honest I have been better. I'm working on it by cutting all toxic people out of my life and focusing on goals and hobbies though :smile:

Oh im sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will improve soon!!
Thats a good idea. You dont need to be around those people.
Focus on your goals and achieve them!!

He gave me that "super busy" excuse when he finally made contact but I don't buy it. People make time for the things in life that matter, and the people who matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending