The Student Room Group

I just can't fake it anymore

I'm tired of pretending to be happy. But as a result I don't talk to people anymore and have grown distant with everyone.

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. My religion and my care about my family are the things that keep me going. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm tired of pretending to be happy. But as a result I don't talk to people anymore and have grown distant with everyone.

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. I honestly don't see the point in living anymore. If I didn't have my religion or care about my family. I'd be dead long ago. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.

Are you upset with something?
Reply 2
What's changed?
Reply 3
Original post by ODES_PDES

Myself. I just hate the way I am so much. I can never do anything right and **** up at everything.
Reply 4
Original post by BWV1007
What's changed?

Me. I've become constantly pessimistic and quiet. I'm not fun anymore, and I don't enjoy anything in life anymore.
Me. I've become constantly pessimistic and quiet. I'm not fun anymore, and I don't enjoy anything in life anymore.

:console:
Do you know why?
Reply 6
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
:console:
Do you know why?

No idea tbh. I just feel like I'm failure to myself and an embarrassment to my parents
Reply 7
Myself. I just hate the way I am so much. I can never do anything right and **** up at everything.

It's okay to make mistakes and **** things up. You're learning. Let the past go and work on the present. Things will get better if you work on them. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Oh I know how you feel OP.
But you have to realise that you are still quite young. It's okay to mess up. It's a part of growing up and becoming wiser :rolleyes:
Try to do things you enjoy, whether it's school, a hobby you like to do. Anything you want really. Just go into something you enjoy. (If you don't know, there's no harm in trying out new things :redface:).
Just something that makes you feel happy with yourself. It will take time but I can tell you it will be okay sooner than you might think. :console:.
You might feel constrained and restricted, but you can break free, you can. Have faith in yourself. Believe in yourself. Honestly, once you do. The heavy weight just feels like it's been lifted off.

I hope you realise that you are a someone OP, someone special. So never forget that. :hugs:
Reply 9
For a brief moment, I thought I made this thread. (':

I am in a *similar* situation + can highly relate to parts of the OP, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. I honestly don't see the point in living anymore. If I didn't have my religion or care about my family. I'd be dead long ago. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.

It's depression, dear. I'm going through the same thing and would advise you to see your GP about it and go to your university counselling services (if you are at uni). Feel free to PM me if you want to :hugs:
Reply 11
Original post by BWV1007
It's okay to make mistakes and f*** things up. You're learning. Let the past go and work on the present. Things will get better if you work on them. :smile:

Original post by aamirac
Oh I know how you feel OP.
But you have to realise that you are still quite young. It's okay to mess up. It's a part of growing up and becoming wiser :rolleyes:
Try to do things you enjoy, whether it's school, a hobby you like to do. Anything you want really. Just go into something you enjoy. (If you don't know, there's no harm in trying out new things :redface:).
Just something that makes you feel happy with yourself. It will take time but I can tell you it will be okay sooner than you might think. :console:.
You might feel constrained and restricted, but you can break free, you can. Have faith in yourself. Believe in yourself. Honestly, once you do. The heavy weight just feels like it's been lifted off.

I hope you realise that you are a someone OP, someone special. So never forget that. :hugs:

What they have said ^^
Original post by Anon_98
For a brief moment, I thought I made this thread. (':

I am in a *similar* situation + can highly relate to parts of the OP, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Spoiler

Ive been like this for over a year. Ive been diagnosed with depression, but my dad says to stop being such a woman. And mum either ignores or keep asking "why?" The thing is i dont know why, it seems like everything. I just feel like such a waste of space.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Ive been like this for over a year. Ive been diagnosed with depression, but my dad says to stop being such a woman. And mum either ignores or keep asking "why?" The thing is i dont know why, it seems like everything. I just feel like such a waste of space.

sorry x
(edited 8 years ago)
Clearly something is wrong and you need to speak to someone I know how you feel if u need someone to talk to just message me

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. My religion and my care about my family are the things that keep me going. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.

Try to remember that during the darkest hours of your life, that is where the real growth happens. :console:

Chin up, life is a roller coaster full of ups and downs but in the end...we're all gonna make it brah! :wink2:
(edited 8 years ago)

I really know the feeling, I can only wish you the best
(edited 8 years ago)

I'm so sorry that your parents are ******* unsupportive. Do you have close friends you can talk to? Are you taking meds? Have you been to therapy?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ODES_PDES

feel free to pm. Theres gotta be an answer.

Quick Reply

Latest