The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sahra30013
Today: 12/04/2016
At home:-
Done notes on history in the medicine topic on Ancient Greece, Roman Britain and, Early and Later medieval times, specifically about cause and treatment of disease.
Read through book for English Lit to chapter 5( still haven't finished!)
Read through revision guide on Anita and Me and learned general quotes
Learned the author's techniques and their effects
Looked over again the social, historical and cultural context
Looked over my French Speaking

During school(break and lunch time and some during lessons)
Read some of Anita and Me
Got back my history mock- got an A*! Looked at weakness
Read through forces and motion, braking, thinking and stopping distance.
Maths- Algebraic fractions and past papers
Got back RE mock- got an A, dropped a grade. Looked at weaknesses.

Some parts of revisions happened in class as we are revising

Woah - well done you've got through loads :biggrin:
This is a great thread - your work ethic is amazing and you're definitely going to get the grades you want! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today: 12/04/2016
At home:-
Done notes on history in the medicine topic on Ancient Greece, Roman Britain and, Early and Later medieval times, specifically about cause and treatment of disease.
Read through book for English Lit to chapter 5( still haven't finished!)
Read through revision guide on Anita and Me and learned general quotes
Learned the author's techniques and their effects
Looked over again the social, historical and cultural context
Looked over my French Speaking

During school(break and lunch time and some during lessons)
Read some of Anita and Me
Got back my history mock- got an A*! Looked at weakness
Read through forces and motion, braking, thinking and stopping distance.
Maths- Algebraic fractions and past papers
Got back RE mock- got an A, dropped a grade. Looked at weaknesses.

Some parts of revisions happened in class as we are revising

Wow well done this is loads :smile: Same we revise at school too :smile:
Original post by lilacpotato
This is a great thread - your work ethic is amazing and you're definitely going to get the grades you want! 😊e

Thank you for taking the time to read it! And hopefully I will - are you revising too, how is it going? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you for taking the time to read it! And hopefully I will - are you revising too, how is it going? :smile:

Yeah, not too bad actually! I'm predicted high grades and I think I will get there...just got to do every past paper known to man first lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilacpotato
Yeah, not too bad actually! I'm predicted high grades and I think I will get there...just got to do every past paper known to man first lol

Glad to hear it and yep past papers, past papers, past papers :biggrin:

I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Glad to hear it and yep past papers, past papers, past papers :biggrin:

I wish you the best of luck :smile:

You too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 12/04/16
Made Q cards on:

Digestions

Kidneys

Respiratory systems in amphibians and fish

Negative feedback and cycles

(Made 56 in total)

German past paper - 36/40 and new vocab notes

Completed 364 vocab cards for German

Character profiles started on:

Curley

Curley's Wife

Lennie

Candy

George

Slim

Please can you post pics of your Q cards so I can understand what you put on them? Are they like flashcards?
im doing my GCSEs this year i would love to achieve high grades like yours
do you have any tips for science, maths and English
UPDATE FOR 13/04/16

Haven't done as much as I'd have liked for a few reasons but anyways I spent the morning at a revision class:

Revised AIC and Heroes

36 German Q cards

10 Chemistry Q cards

Coasts past paper

Water on Land past paper

Restless Earth past paper

Added to Crooks character profile

Added more detail to Curley's Wife character profile

And that's about it really
I can't find the right post to reply to, but I followed the link you posted for you're science revision cards as I do the same exam board but I made the error of downloading the app instead and now I can't find them anywhere, do you know what they're called or what I can search to distinguish them from the hundreds of science revision card groups? Thank you in advance!

And following on from the previous posts that I've just caught up on, I too seriously admire your work ethic! I've never come across anyone that works quite so hard and it's really admirable that you dedicate so much time to this thread as I'm sure it motivates so many of us, so thank you.
UPDATE 13/04/16
Today i didn't do anything because i was out all day .As soon as i came back from school i had to go to a meeting which lasted 2 hours and then i was out the whole time :wink: I came back from school immediately then went out at 5.00 and came back home at 21.30 :redface: I'm so tired ! Luckily we had school where i managed to do revision in class :smile: Thank god :smile: but still i did some revision as soon as i came back :smile: I will deffo do more tomorrow :biggrin:

1. Poetry comparison - similarities and differences
2. Biology 1 - Biomass,Genes,hormones,Evolution - Looked over notes
UPDATE FOR 13/04/16
Haven't done as much as I'd have liked for a few reasons but anyways I spent the morning at a revision class:

Revised AIC and Heroes

36 German Q cards

10 Chemistry Q cards

Coasts past paper

Water on Land past paper

Well done at least you did something :biggrin: Keep it up!
UPDATE FOR 13/04/16

Revised AIC and Heroes

36 German Q cards

10 Chemistry Q cards

Coasts past paper

Water on Land past paper

That's still amazing!:smile:As always, you amaze me! Don't worry, you should enjoy your holiday too. :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 13/04/16
Today i didn't do anything because i was out all day .As soon as i came back from school i had to go to a meeting which lasted 2 hours and then i was out the whole time :wink: I came back from school immediately then went out at 5.00 and came back home at 21.30 :redface: I'm so tired ! Luckily we had school where i managed to do revision in class :smile: Thank god :smile: but still i did some revision as soon as i came back :smile: I will deffo do more tomorrow :biggrin:

Well done, at least revised. Keep it up:smile:
Update 13/04/2016
So today, I haven't done as much as I wanted, mainly due to the fact that I have a headache. Also, I was quite busy with coursework. But, enough with the excuses. :biggrin:
As I have an English Literature mock tomorrow :frown:(Unit1) I have revised:
Poetry analysis and looked at past papers
Looked over previous essay questions on Anita and Me which I have done and looked at my weaknesses
Brief overview of Characters and Themes

And during school ,as I had a revision class, I revised paper 1 of RE.
Wow well done this is loads :smile: Same we revise at school too :smile:

Thanks, you've done a lot too! Isn't it great that we are doing revision during schools? I feel more relaxed about my exams because if this:biggrin:
Woah - well done you've got through loads :biggrin:

Thank you! And you have done a lot too considering it was the beginning of your holidays. I was slacking of then:colondollar:.
I am going to start noting down my revision which I do for my end of year ten exams on here. today I was out all day, so couldn't work on sorting out the coursework's word count. however i managed to do some revision (not much though)

•biology - movement of substances in & out of cells (active transport, diffusion & osmosis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's still amazing!:smile:As always, you amaze me! Don't worry, you should enjoy your holiday too. :smile:

Thank you :smile:

UPDATE 13/04/16

Well done you are doing so well :smile:

Original post by Littleone2000
I can't find the right post to reply to, but I followed the link you posted for you're science revision cards as I do the same exam board but I made the error of downloading the app instead and now I can't find them anywhere, do you know what they're called or what I can search to distinguish them from the hundreds of science revision card groups? Thank you in advance!

And following on from the previous posts that I've just caught up on, I too seriously admire your work ethic! I've never come across anyone that works quite so hard and it's really admirable that you dedicate so much time to this thread as I'm sure it motivates so many of us, so thank you.

Unfortunately I don't as they already appear in my library, but if I PM you all the details about them then I think you may have to just go through them until it matches. R alternatively you could click the link through a computer browser, find the decks and save them to you account and then login to the app and they should appear :smile:

And thank you! I never thought this thread would be useful and people may see it as bragging (Which iis not what I am trying to do at all). I'm really glad I've been able to help some people on here, and hopefully you all get the grades that you have worked exceptionally hard for :smile:

Original post by Do it Right
Please can you post pics of your Q cards so I can understand what you put on them? Are they like flashcards?

They are basically just a question and answer on each side - they are made online and everyone is free to use them :smile:

Well done at least you did something :biggrin: Keep it up!

Thank you :smile:

Update 13/04/2016
So today, I haven't done as much as I wanted, mainly due to the fact that I have a headache. Also, I was quite busy with coursework. But, enough with the excuses. :biggrin:
As I have an English Literature mock tomorrow :frown:(Unit1) I have revised:
Poetry analysis and looked at past papers
Looked over previous essay questions on Anita and Me which I have done and looked at my weaknesses
Brief overview of Characters and Themes

And during school ,as I had a revision class, I revised paper 1 of RE.

Well done today with all this even when you didn't feel well :smile: good luck in your mock :biggrin:

Thank you! And you have done a lot too considering it was the beginning of your holidays. I was slacking of then:colondollar:.

You're welcome and yes I suppose I have but still a long way to go yet :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending