The Student Room Group

Waiting on ID?

Hi there,

I've submitted my Student Finance application online after answering all the questions I can and now one of the steps is telling me that I need to send proof of identity. I'm going to send off a passport application tomorrow but it says that process could take up to 6 weeks which would mean I could miss the Student Finance deadline. Because of that, I'm really stressing out about getting my loans late when I start university. Can my SF application only be processed if they've received my proof of identity, even if I've completed everything else on the application?
Original post by Armastan
Hi there,

I've submitted my Student Finance application online after answering all the questions I can and now one of the steps is telling me that I need to send proof of identity. I'm going to send off a passport application tomorrow but it says that process could take up to 6 weeks which would mean I could miss the Student Finance deadline. Because of that, I'm really stressing out about getting my loans late when I start university. Can my SF application only be processed if they've received my proof of identity, even if I've completed everything else on the application?

Can you send off your birth certificate instead? https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/proof-identity/year-1617

SFE say they'll process and return documents within 4 weeks so unless you need your passport for an imminent holiday then that should be manageable. (FWIW passport applications are usually a LOT quicker than 6 weeks - everyone I know got theirs sorted within a week but there's always a chance of a backlog)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending