The Student Room Group

Girls, would you rather have a happy relationship or a successful career?

Title ^^

Scroll to see replies

Happy relationship definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Career anyday.

A career isn't going to wake up and tell you it doesn't love you anymore. There's a chance that a man/woman will.

And a better career= more holidays and more dogs to adopt.

:h:

Spoiler

Successful career cos money is everything
Reply 4
Don't forget Ladies, both can leave you at anytime
Original post by Fordrin

That's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Successful career. When I have a career of my own, I feel powerful and in control. I can pick a guy with great qualities and that will eventually lead to a successful relationship. If I didn't have a career, I will attract those who are mediocre as there are limited options and if he happened to be successful then he may want me to be obedient to him, or wants me to change my ways as he knows I have nothing to fall back on, I will be relying on him for the source of income.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Career anyday.

A career isn't going to wake up and tell you it doesn't love you anymore. There's a chance that a man/woman will.

Spoiler

You can be made redundant.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You can be made redundant.

If you've already established yourself though it won't be as hard. I could give so many more reasons as to why I'd pick a career over a bf.
Career anyday.

Spoiler

A happy relationship what even is that? marriage?

Obviously marriage is more important. jobs are overrated most of us get paid similar salaries or we work too much if "successful"

Original post by RosyPearl
Successful career. When I have a career of my own, I feel powerful and in control. I can pick a guy with great qualities and that will eventually lead to a successful relationship. If I didn't have a career, I will attract those who are mediocre as there are limited options and if he happened to be successful then he may want me to be obedient to him, or wants me to change my ways as he knows I have nothing to fall back on, I will be relying on him for the source of income.
good point. relying on someones income isnt the best. but I dont spend so much anyways.
Original post by samina_ay
Successful career cos money is everything
family and relationships are everything. money is ...beneficial for sure.

Original post by Fordrin
wait im not a lady xD
A happy relationship, but only because I personally derive more contentment and happiness from my relationships with people. If other people find more satisfaction in their work life then more power to them, but for me it's not so important :smile:
Probably relationship (as long as it was a proper loyal one etc) because it is highly unlikely that i'm going to ever get one. I'm not saying that i would get a career easily but that is more likely because have always been better at stuff like education than social things
Original post by trustmeimlying1
A happy relationship what even is that? marriage?

Doesn't have to be marriage. Just a relationship where both people are comitted.
This is a ridiculous dichotomy. You could also have both or neither.
Doesn't have to be marriage. Just a relationship where both people are comitted.

feck that. thats easily replaceable. long term thats more important but career for sure in that case.
Probably a happy relationship; you can work all the hours under the sun and have all the money in the world for holidays and nice things, but without love and someone to share it with, a life is lacking
Boys come and go, career stays
Happy relationship :smile: I wouldn't mind staying as a housewife without a career
Career anyday.

Spoiler

No but your boss might.
Relationship, having a family is more important to me than a career

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending