The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andrad
What AS grades and LNAT score if you don't mind me asking? I got rejected from Bristol but still waiting on Notts..

IB student here! 38 points (766) and 22 on the LNAT :redface:
Original post by lks97
Rejected from Nottingham just now after 6 months, bastards making me wait that long ahah😩😂

I'm sorry to hear this😩 What were your predictions and lnat if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Ellie_Spencer
Exeter or Leeds? Leaning towards Exeter, so what do you think of it i.e. reputation, teaching, student satisfaction.
Thanks

I'm in the exact same position, and don't know which to choose between those two!
Have you come to a decision yet?
Reply 4023
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I'm sorry to hear this😩 What were your predictions and lnat if you don't mind me asking

A*AA, AAAB at AS and 22 lnat, good luck if you're still waiting!
Original post by lks97
A*AA, AAAB at AS and 22 lnat, good luck if you're still waiting!

I got an offer for A*AA with AAA predicted and ABBC at AS and 25 in lnat. It would be worth asking them why they didn't offer you law, also were you given a alternative course as many of my friends were
Would it be dumb to firm Warwick(AAA) and insure Bristol? Bristol has more flexibility but still you need that A*. Also would it be stupid to chose Warwick over Bristol for law? Cost of living, location doesn't matter for me I care about the academics and employability.
Reply 4026
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I got an offer for A*AA with AAA predicted and ABBC at AS and 25 in lnat. It would be worth asking them why they didn't offer you law, also were you given a alternative course as many of my friends were

Honestly I doubt they would even reply they've been terrible with getting offers/rejections out, but I might do just out of interest! No I didn't get an alternative course, just the rejection through track
I just received an email from Durham's International Office, inviting me to an "offer holder online chat". I thought I had finally received an offer from them and wanted to double check this on UCAS.

However, on my UCAS, it shows that I'm still waiting for a decision from Durham. Does this mean that UCAS hasn't been updated yet or does this mean that Durham hasn't accepted/rejected me yet? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasmine Lim
I just received an email from Durham's International Office, inviting me to an "offer holder online chat". I thought I had finally received an offer from them and wanted to double check this on UCAS.

However, on my UCAS, it shows that I'm still waiting for a decision from Durham. Does this mean that UCAS hasn't been updated yet or does this mean that Durham hasn't accepted/rejected me yet? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it's called "offer-holder online chat" - ie you've received an offer and they want to chat with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Well, it's called "offer-holder online chat" - ie you've received an offer and they want to chat with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so too and was a little confused. Thanks for the clarification! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bristol, Queen Mary or Birmingham?
I'm stuck between Warwick and Leeds.
Any advice?
Original post by Student98x
Any advice?

depends what you're after, warwick obviously has the higher reputation and is ranked higher etc, however from what I've heard the campus is fairly quiet. leeds is also well respected, just less so, but obviously you'd have the social life with all the clubs etc that would be better than at warwick. therefore if the degree quality is your priority, warwick, if you're more bothered about life outside uni, leeds probably (although i haven't visited either this is just based on what I've heard)
Original post by Jasmine Lim

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'd go on the offer holder online chat and express your concerns/confusion. you could also try emailing them and ask? i have an offer from durham for law :smile:
Hi everyone,

I've got an unconditional offer from Nottingham. But I'm stuck in a muddle.

I’ve been looking at profiles of tenants at top sets and chambers, they’re almost entirely Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE & KCL. Almost none from Nottingham

People keep saying how great Nottingham is but there’s a paucity of 'real-life' evidence of this apart from league table points?

I’m wondering if going to Notts is not the best route if you seriously intend on a careers at the Bar around Chancery Lane ?

I’m considering reapplying to those universities again in Sept. I'd appreciate some opinions.
Original post by Student98x
Any advice?

Warwick for career/reputation.
Leeds for the social life.

That said, a friend went to Warwick and absolutely loved it there. I think, in terms of social life, it's what you want out of it. Doesn't have to be all clubs + pubs!

Original post by Michlammm
Bristol, Queen Mary or Birmingham?

Bristol, then Birmingham.

Original post by ArsalanBac
Warwick or Bristol?

Bristol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Warwick or Bristol?
Original post by stratagems
Warwick for career/reputation.
Leeds for the social life.

That said, a friend went to Warwick and absolutely loved it there. I think, in terms of social life, it's what you want out of it. Doesn't have to be all clubs + pubs!

Yeah, you're right, thank you!
Original post by ellawhite4686
depends what you're after, warwick obviously has the higher reputation and is ranked higher etc, however from what I've heard the campus is fairly quiet. leeds is also well respected, just less so, but obviously you'd have the social life with all the clubs etc that would be better than at warwick. therefore if the degree quality is your priority, warwick, if you're more bothered about life outside uni, leeds probably (although i haven't visited either this is just based on what I've heard)

Yeah, I've heard exactly the same. I think employment wise I should go to Warwick, but I want to go to Leeds.
I just need to decide between what I should do and want to do.

Thanks for your help.
Help - UCL or Bristol? I 'm a Londoner so both locations are great for me.

Bristol - liked the library, buildings, & optional course units.

UCL - A*AA - really cramped library, ongoing construction, networking event every Monday with top firm solicitors/judges/barristers, great vibe from their offer holders' day & law society representatives, most of whom have training contracts with magic circle firms already. Really liked the taster lecture we had. More scholarships/funds than Bristol (higher in amount & for all three years).

In terms of contact time, does anyone know how much they vary and any differences to the teaching? And what Bristol's accomodation is like?

I feel like re-applying to Oxford next year seeing as UCL's offer is higher!
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending