The Student Room Group

White Lives Matter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darkvibes
What a ridiculous and fallacious claim

All you seem to do is paint yourself as victim and face injustice when much of the issues were perpetrated by white people historically.

I mean, you can hardly suggest we don't have the most tolerant immigration policies in the history of the world.
Original post by banterboy
Why does that matter? No it wasn't remotely racially orientated if that's what you want to know.

You just said you was attacked by a black person. Now you could have been lying. But you say it was not racially motivated. I mean, if you want to lie, to try and score some cheap point, then that's on you.
It's irrelevant that Arabs and etc did it. its like saying 'the arabs did it why cant we!'

White people did it too, that is the point.
Original post by PrincePaul657777
You just said you was attacked by a black person. Now you could have been lying. But you say it was not racially motivated. I mean, if you want to lie, to try and score some cheap point, then that's on you.

Not lying. This whole strand of discussion has no bearing on the issues at hand though.

You said (oddly) that i hadn't been attacked by a black person. So i said i had, because i have.
White lives matter Be proud of being white
Black lives matter be proud of being black
Any lives matter be proud of coming from where you did
I mean, you can hardly suggest we don't have the most tolerant immigration policies in the history of the world.

Are you deliberately being stupid?
You're moral reasoning is broken.

If you disagree, then when your woman catches you with another woman all you have to do is say this:

“I know what I did was wrong, but my friend Joe has been cheating on his wife WAY LONGER than me.

And he beats her too. Please keep that in mind!”

And if she continues to be angry at you, say this: “Why are you so angry at me but not at my friend? I mean, he is way worse than me! You are being unfair.”

I know no one who has been affected by the Arab slave trade nor do I live in a country that has been shaped and continues to be shaped by that trade. That is quite untrue about the Atlantic slave trade.
Are you deliberately being stupid?

There might be a few as good as our, but do non white countries have open door policies like we do?
The contexts are totally different here. African Americans only exist as a demographic because their ancestors were brought over as slaves based purely on the belief that black people are inferior - a belief that continued to stain the lawbooks way past the abolition of slavery and into living memory, and whose effects are still felt today. The racial aspect was unique to the African slave trade, and is the reason it is still relevant to discussions about present day race relations. The Arabs took whites as slaves due to religious and geographical reasons, not for racial reasons, so I don't really see how it fits into the discussion.

Copied and pasted what is already on this thread. Don't be silly, the arabs didnt do it on race, the whites did.
Actually there's a whole branch of history called counter factual history. And historians dealing purely descriptively with what happened don't make claims like "this is the only way such and such state of affairs would have occurred given x other circumstances" like you were.

Other than that..I can't even disagree with those obvious statements. But they don't justify the conclusion that talking about white lives shouldn't be done.

Blacks don't have it bad as the media would have you believe. There is a lot of talk about the police just going around shooting blacks, but blacks commit 4x the violent crime (the type you'd think you'd get shot for) than whites, yet whites get shot Twice as much as every other race combined. I just can't reconcile that fact the the media's narrative. It stands against reason surely.

And if i were to bring this up, I'd get "YOU R A WHITE MALE OPPRESSING ME WITH UR METANARRATIVE OVER MINE< FACTS ARE A WHITE MALE CONTRUCTIONS OPPRESSOR".

And that's from the university professors.

Counterfactual history is entertainment for the masses, not a serious academic pursuit. You can argue that white people face their own issues if you want, but the Arabic slave trade isn't one of them, so when people talk about the historical effects the Atlantic slave trade has had on modern day African Americans, it's ignorant nonsense to bring it up as if to say 'look, it happened to us too!'. Black people in America face their own unique issues; BLM is them doing something about it.
Not lying. This whole strand of discussion has no bearing on the issues at hand though.

You said (oddly) that i hadn't been attacked by a black person. So i said i had, because i have.
OK. Well if you're not lying. Then fair enough. So what happened to the attacker ? Because a black man attacking a white person is just act 1. What was act 2 ?
Original post by PrincePaul657777
You're moral reasoning is broken.

If you disagree, then when your woman catches you with another woman all you have to do is say this:

“I know what I did was wrong, but my friend Joe has been cheating on his wife WAY LONGER than me.

And he beats her too. Please keep that in mind!”

And if she continues to be angry at you, say this: “Why are you so angry at me but not at my friend? I mean, he is way worse than me! You are being unfair.”

I know no one who has been affected by the Arab slave trade nor do I live in a country that has been shaped and continues to be shaped by that trade. That is quite untrue about the Atlantic slave trade.

This crying about slavery has to stop, it was a horrible thing yes, it was not just whites. Very very few people actually own slaves now and if they do in the west it is against the law, so stop blaming whites for what our ancestors did.

We don't look at Germans and call them all part of the nazi regime because their ancestors might have been
There might be a few as good as our, but do non white countries have open door policies like we do?

What 'open door' policy? America have a very strict process for gaining nationality and getting into australia on the basis of a points system is hardly open door. Canada are strict too.

The UK arent part of the Shengen and groups like UKIP gained popularity ( 2nd most voted party) because they said we'll completely shut our borders.

U people want to sound like 'we whites are doing a big favour for you'
Your victimising yourself here, no one is calling you racist because of that, dont be stupid
Original post by Captain Haddock
Counterfactual history is entertainment for the masses, not a serious academic pursuit. You can argue that white people face their own issues if you want, but the Arabic slave trade isn't one of them, so when people talk about the historical effects the Atlantic slave trade has had on modern day African Americans, it's ignorant nonsense to bring it up as if to say 'look, it happened to us too!'. Black people in America face their own unique issues; BLM is them doing something about it.

the masses don't enjoy computationally generated simulations of events with changed variables.

Well, Arab expansion and slavery of Europeans led to the crusades that saved Europe from extinction.

WHat do we get taught about the Crusades? White people went and attacked the nice arabs look how evil you are feel ashamed.
Original post by neldee95
Lol who abused white people? You should educate yourself on the black lives matter movement. In as much as the gun laws in America allow racist killings to be perpetuated, BLM is aimed more at the police. Are there not black, asian etc police officers? I honestly do not get what you are trying to achieve with this thread but fine, do you.

PS: You should watch the OJ Simpson story and pay special attention to police officer, Mark Fuhrman. Maybe then you would understand the importance of BLM.

If I were you I wouldn't have used OJ Simpson as a defender of black movements. He was a guilty psychopath.
What 'open door' policy? America have a very strict process for gaining nationality and getting into australia on the basis of a points system is hardly open door. Canada are strict too.

The UK arent part of the Shengen and groups like UKIP gained popularity ( 2nd most voted party) because they said we'll completely shut our borders.

U people want to sound like 'we whites are doing a big favour for you'

Yeah, people want control of their borders, but never surely you can't argue that as it stands in the UK, this is one of the most accepting immegration policies in history?
Yeah, people want control of their borders, but never surely you can't argue that as it stands in the UK, this is one of the most accepting immegration policies in history?

He is right, if it is a good thing or not is another question

The UK has an economy driven by immigrant workers, we need immigration. The moment it becomes a burden, we seize control of our borders and people support people like UKIP that want to shut up our borders and deny visas to non EU citizens.

I hardly call that accepting
Original post by AperfectBalance
This crying about slavery has to stop, it was a horrible thing yes,
It was a white person who brought up slavery. If you don't want to talk about slavery then white people should not bring it up. But if you mention it, then you better believe then I'm going to give counter arguments to the usual "Africans sold their own" "Arabs sold them" points that always come up.

Original post by AperfectBalance
it was not just whites. Very very few people actually own slaves now and if they do in the west it is against the law, so stop blaming whites for what our ancestors did.
The statement by itself is true for most whites: even back in slave days in 1860 fewer than 2% of whites owned slaves. Slaves cost way too much for most people and in half the country it was against the law.

The trouble with the statement is not its truth but how it is used: to cut white people off from history. When you say black people live in the past and need to give the slave thing a rest, you are making the very same argument : History does not matter.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending