The Student Room Group

Girls, would you rather have a happy relationship or a successful career?

Scroll to see replies

Happy relationship without a shadow of doubt. I'm already on course to earn 6 figures before I'm 30 if I play my cards right.

Whilst I love my career and what I do for a living, having a caring family I can come home to trumps everything else imo.

I wonder how many people who choose career have been in a relationship before and/or have been royally ****ed by an ex-partner.
Reply 81
I'd go for a successful career although having a happy relationship would be extremely nice as well. But it's important for me to not be independent on anyone as that's usually when people start ruling you.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Happy relationship without a shadow of doubt. I'm already on course to earn 6 figures before I'm 30 if I play my cards right.

Whilst I love my career and what I do for a living, having a caring family I can come home to trumps everything else imo.

I wonder how many people who choose career have been in a relationship before and/or have been royally ****ed by an ex-partner.

I still chose a relationship :rofl:
Probably a successful career. I feel as though I can do more good that way and work at a global and macro level.
id go for successful career. independent woman and all that
gerbear xox
Original post by gerbearfriel
id go for successful career. independent woman and all that
gerbear xox

but then again gerbear, we need a man for some things :wink:

gerbear xox

Will a happy relationship make me smile like this?

Attachment not found
Completely agree with the bottom paragraph!

Personally I'd choose relationship because a job for me is really a means to an end. Maybe that will change with time though! Couple of years ago I said career :tongue:
Successful career
Successful career and 2/3 cats. :emog:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 90
Successful career
Happy relationship.

Now that I've experienced love, I feel like nothing can compare to it and I would never want to lose it. I would rather go to a job I don't like much but come home to someone I love than work in a job I like and come home alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trustmeimlying1
wait till Callum gets wind of this.

Callum is a child
Original post by samina_ay
Successful career cos money is everything

Money is not everything
Original post by elliswhalley
Money is not everything

It makes the world go around
Original post by LibertyMan
Will a happy relationship make me smile like this?

Attachment not found

Can't see the image, but most likely yes! :tongue:
Can't see the image, but most likely yes! :tongue:

It's from your Balanced Life Academy haha, cool website by the way, I might subscribe / use it, and I agree with what you wrote
Career. I'm a full on career oriented person.
I prioritize my family ofc. But idk right now a relationship comes after.
To the left to the left, everything you own in a box to my left
if i bought it thats my stuff yes in my closet please dont touch hmmm mmhhhmm

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LibertyMan
It's from your Balanced Life Academy haha, cool website by the way, I might subscribe / use it, and I agree with what you wrote

Hehe I think I know the one you're referring to now :tongue:

Yeah why not - grab the ebooks as well whilst you can :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending