The Student Room Group

Just wrote my dissertation in 4 days AMA

Just handed in and now contemplating life
(History dissertation, 10,000 words, Russell Group)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh my god, how
I'm writing my history dissertation now and I just keep on re-editing everything
That's mad, got over a month to write half of mine. Also, (Russell group) doesn't make your dissertation any harder than anyone else's I'm afraid.
Reply 3
Original post by randomidk
Oh my god, how
I'm writing my history dissertation now and I just keep on re-editing everything

Still asking myself the same question; not 4 days I'm going to forget in a hurry
When's yours due?
Reply 4
Noice.
Reply 5
Original post by anonymous8273
That's mad, got over a month to write half of mine. Also, (Russell group) doesn't make your dissertation any harder than anyone else's I'm afraid.

Subject?
Fair point
Also (modern) History at UEA... Just get slightly annoyed about the whole russell group thing. Our lecturers teach at Oxford, Cambridge, Kings too and they mark it all the same.

What are you looking to do after, or as stuck for ideas as I am?
mad essay skilz :borat:
pro
Reply 9
Original post by anonymous8273
Also (modern) History at UEA... Just get slightly annoyed about the whole russell group thing. Our lecturers teach at Oxford, Cambridge, Kings too and they mark it all the same.

What are you looking to do after, or as stuck for ideas as I am?

Have an offer for a masters at Oxford, depending on whether i get a high enough mark in diss. Any ideas?
What was the topic?
Reply 11
Original post by Fox Corner
What was the topic?

The impact of constraints on patriarchy on perceptions of the domestic murderer in contemporary pamphlet literature (eighteenth-century England)

Quite well informed on the area currently, if there's anything you particularly want to know

(typiing the words patriarchy and domestic murder again is making me shudder)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SEM94
Just handed in and now contemplating life
(History dissertation, 10,000 words, Russell Group)

Tell us what you will be graduating with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SEM94
The impact of constraints on patriarchy on perceptions of the domestic murderer in contemporary pamphlet literature (eighteenth-century England)

Quite well informed on the area currently, if there's anything you particularly want to know

(typiing the words patriarchy and domestic murder again is making me shudder)

Sounds really interesting actually! What exactly do you mean by 'constraints on patriarchy'?
Well done!

What was it on? Curious to know what history students do dissertation on... I think of dissertations as research based, so was it more of just a really long essay?

What grade do you think you got? I wrote my dissertation in week (although i had already conducted the research -and read articles so was just a matter of writing it up), handed it in a couple of weeks ago and tbh im just hoping for a 2:2 (this would still give me a 2:1 overall).

What are you gonna do after graduating?

What uni do you go to?

Edit: just read what it was on above, sounds interesting!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Fox Corner
Sounds really interesting actually! What exactly do you mean by 'constraints on patriarchy'?

This feels familiar...

The rise of the companionate marriage and new notions of masculinity and civility; all which served to limit patriarchal theory surrounding the subordination of women to men in the household/marriage.

I was basically exploring whether such attitudes altered perceptions of the husband that killed his, or the master that kills his servant, and whether they began to be viewed as less a transgression of authroity, and more a violation of marital intimacy/domesticity.
Reply 16
Original post by SEM94
This feels familiar...

The rise of the companionate marriage and new notions of masculinity and civility; all which served to limit patriarchal theory surrounding the subordination of women to men in the household/marriage.

I was basically exploring whether such attitudes altered perceptions of the husband that killed his, or the master that kills his servant, and whether they began to be viewed as less a transgression of authroity, and more a violation of marital intimacy/domesticity.

I just explained here.

I'm hoping for high 2.1/1st; need 68 in it to fulfil my master offer at Oxford. I spent weeks reading for it but left the actual writing of it as late as I could.
Do you expect a decent mark?
Original post by SEM94
This feels familiar...

Haha... You started the thread! :laugh:
Reply 19
Original post by chikane
Do you expect a decent mark?

Between a high 2.1 and a first hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending