The Student Room Group

KCL Adult Nursing

Hello,

I am hoping to apply to KCL for Adult Nursing in October, and read on their website that a science subject 'is preferred' at A-Level. I completed my A-Levels 4 years ago before studying my first degree, one of which was Psychology. This is the only A-Level I have in a science-related subject.

My questions are: does KCL regard psychology as a science, as many other universities do? If not, has anyone else applied to KCL without a science A-Level, and been accepted?

Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wikiellie
Hello,

I am hoping to apply to KCL for Adult Nursing in October, and read on their website that a science subject 'is preferred' at A-Level. I completed my A-Levels 4 years ago before studying my first degree, one of which was Psychology. This is the only A-Level I have in a science-related subject.

My questions are: does KCL regard psychology as a science, as many other universities do? If not, has anyone else applied to KCL without a science A-Level, and been accepted?

Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what subject is your first degree in ?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
what subject is your first degree in ?

My degree is in History, for which I gained a First.

I also worked in a community internship until 2 weeks ago, which gave experience of handling sensitive situations likely to be faced in nursing, and next week I have a placement at my local hospital. I also hope to consolidate this by working as a carer, until I apply to uni in October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'd phone them up and ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending