The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zXcodeXz
A* in O LEVEL?!?!?! I CANT EVEN GET AN A* IN GCSE?!?!?!

Not sure how they differ hahaha :tongue:
Original post by Chlktrain135
Not sure how they differ hahaha :tongue:

Ohh trust me this will be like ABC to you! You won't even have to revise and you will get an A*
Ohh trust me this will be like ABC to you! You won't even have to revise and you will get an A*

Hahaha if I'm not mistaken you haven't sat for your GCSE's yet have you?

I'm pretty sure you can get that A* so long as you work hard. Mathematics at any level can be aced by understanding and lots of practice :tongue:
Reply 363
Distinction in DiDA (basically ICT)
Distinction in Performing Arts (music)
A in French
A in Citizenship (worth 0.5 of a GCSE)
A in RE (worth 0.5 of a GCSE)
AB in English
B in Maths
B in Science
C in Art
D in Sport

Currently studying English Lang at uni, despite nearly not taking it in college, nearly dropping it after first year of college and nearly doing a Primary Ed. degree.
Reply 364
A* in O LEVEL?!?!?! I CANT EVEN GET AN A* IN GCSE?!?!?!

O levels and GCSE are basically the same thing
Original post by Chlktrain135
Hahaha if I'm not mistaken you haven't sat for your GCSE's yet have you?

I'm pretty sure you can get that A* so long as you work hard. Mathematics at any level can be aced by understanding and lots of practice :tongue:

Yeah true thanks for your help!
Original post by Joshiii
Distinction in DiDA (basically ICT)
Distinction in Performing Arts (music)
A in French
A in Citizenship (worth 0.5 of a GCSE)
A in RE (worth 0.5 of a GCSE)
AB in English
B in Maths
B in Science
C in Art
D in Sport

Currently studying English Lang at uni, despite nearly not taking it in college, nearly dropping it after first year of college and nearly doing a Primary Ed. degree.

Nice results
Reply 367
Nice results

1b, 3c's and 2 d's... not great but i'm 21 making close to £30,000 a year on average and that is set to multiply rapidly once my business is fully set up with a physical presence
Original post by jamesthehustler
1b, 3c's and 2 d's... not great but i'm 21 making close to £30,000 a year on average and that is set to multiply rapidly once my business is fully set up with a physical presence

Nice, you became successful without much GCSE's
Mine is a tale of how school and college are detrimental to my education and grade. Just look at the comparisons.

At school I got CC in Double Science, C in English, D in Maths and Ds, Es and Fs elsewhere. - I did two GCSEs by myself since then, and got A in Astronomy and A* in Maths.

In college, first I did an I.T. Intermediate course, then next year I did a Media course. I failed both, didn't even put in the coursework for it. - Now I build my own computers and have a YouTube channel of edited videos and music that is steadily closing in on a million views.

And my A Levels (again studied at home) are Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths.

If you want me to go into detail feel free to ask, just wanna avoid an essay post here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
Mine is a tale of how school and college are detrimental to my education and grade. Just look at the comparisons.

At school I got CC in Double Science, C in English, D in Maths and Ds, Es and Fs elsewhere. - I did two GCSEs by myself since then, and got A in Astronomy and A* in Maths.

In college, first I did an I.T. Intermediate course, then next year I did a Media course. I failed both, didn't even put in the coursework for it. - Now I build my own computers and have a YouTube channel of edited videos and music that is steadily closing in on a million views.

And my A Levels (again studied at home) are Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths.

If you want me to go into detail feel free to ask, just wanna avoid an essay post here.

Oh ok how did you do a level chemistry and physics if you got a C in GCSE?
Oh ok how did you do a level chemistry and physics if you got a C in GCSE?

What do you mean? You don't need any qualifications to do any A Level you want to. Just the exam fee, my man. Something like £20 per exam.
What do you mean? You don't need any qualifications to do any A Level you want to. Just the exam fee, my man. Something like £20 per exam.

So I can do whatever a levels I want? I'd have to be homeschooled right?
10 A*'s, 2 A's, 1 C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
10 A*'s, 2 A's, 1 C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow how did you revise? What did you get in maths and what exam board did you do?
So I can do whatever a levels I want? I'd have to be homeschooled right?

You just learn it yourself. Teachers are mostly repeating the textbook, and the internet has lots of resources now. So you can read the textbook and/or use videos, websites, past papers yourself to learn what you need to learn rather than doing it in a lesson.
You just learn it yourself. Teachers are mostly repeating the textbook, and the internet has lots of resources now. So you can read the textbook and/or use videos, websites, past papers yourself to learn what you need to learn rather than doing it in a lesson.

Yeah true have you finished your a levels?
Wow how did you revise? What did you get in maths and what exam board did you do?

I did not revise well at all - GCSEs are SO easy to do well in, especially compared to A-Levels. I started revising 2 weeks before the exams, went crazy, locked myself in my room and spent all day copying notes up (i didn't have study leave so I was actually at school this entire time). For languages I focused on learning all the vocabulary with flashcards and for English, I read the book, read all the short stories and poems and independently analysed them - I made character profiles for the book I did as well. For the other subjects, it was just a matter of memorising. I didn't even touch past papers for maths and sciences whoops

I got an A* in Maths an an A in further maths (which is VERY hard despite the crazy low grade boundaries)

I think I did AQA for English, languages and further maths and did edexcel for everything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
I did not revise well at all - GCSEs are SO easy to do well in, especially compared to A-Levels. I started revising 2 weeks before the exams, went crazy, locked myself in my room and spent all day copying notes up (i didn't have study leave so I was actually at school this entire time). For languages I focused on learning all the vocabulary with flashcards and for English, I read the book, read all the short stories and poems and independently analysed them - I made character profiles for the book I did as well. For the other subjects, it was just a matter of memorising. I didn't even touch past papers for maths and sciences whoops

I got an A* in Maths an an A in further maths (which is VERY hard despite the crazy low grade boundaries)

I think I did AQA for English, languages and further maths and did edexcel for everything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's really good I struggle the most in maths for some reason

Quick Reply