The Student Room Group

What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zXcodeXz
Oh that's really good I struggle the most in maths for some reason

In that case, just loads of practice questions on the topics that you struggle the most in - even if you go crazy and end up muttering the sine and cosine rule in your sleep, it will all be worth it in the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
In that case, just loads of practice questions on the topics that you struggle the most in - even if you go crazy and end up muttering the sine and cosine rule in your sleep, it will all be worth it in the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks
10 A*s :smile:
Original post by Gym&Tonic
10 A*s :smile:

Woah! How did you revise for all of them?
I did not revise well at all - GCSEs are SO easy to do well in, especially compared to A-Levels. I started revising 2 weeks before the exams, went crazy, locked myself in my room and spent all day copying notes up (i didn't have study leave so I was actually at school this entire time). For languages I focused on learning all the vocabulary with flashcards and for English, I read the book, read all the short stories and poems and independently analysed them - I made character profiles for the book I did as well. For the other subjects, it was just a matter of memorising. I didn't even touch past papers for maths and sciences whoops

I got an A* in Maths an an A in further maths (which is VERY hard despite the crazy low grade boundaries)

I think I did AQA for English, languages and further maths and did edexcel for everything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow...2 weeks for 10 A*s. thats quite impressive.
what subjects did you do btw
Nice, what did you get for each subject?

French A*
German A*
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Religious studies A*
English lit A*
English Lang A
Biology A
Geography (taken early) A
Art (taken early) A
Original post by GeorginaRose98
French A*
German A*
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Religious studies A*
English lit A*
English Lang A
Biology A
Geography (taken early) A
Art (taken early) A

Woah how did you get an A* in maths? I don't know how to revise for that
Woah! How did you revise for all of them?

I made notes from revision guides mostly :smile: Then I did past paper questions and sometimes I'd read through a topic really quick and then give myself a few minutes to make as many notes from memory as I could..

For science I made mindmaps and did past papers, and for maths I made a booklet of key methods and then just did loads of past papers (I probably did the most on maths and science as I found these the hardest)

I love English so I literally just read the anthology again and the text a couple times; and Spanish... I think I just had a glance at some vocab?
Original post by Gym&Tonic
I made notes from revision guides mostly :smile: Then I did past paper questions and sometimes I'd read through a topic really quick and then give myself a few minutes to make as many notes from memory as I could..

For science I made mindmaps and did past papers, and for maths I made a booklet of key methods and then just did loads of past papers (I probably did the most on maths and science as I found these the hardest)

I love English so I literally just read the anthology again and the text a couple times; and Spanish... I think I just had a glance at some vocab?

Oh thanks! I'm going to use that.
Original post by Username3097486
wow...2 weeks for 10 A*s. thats quite impressive.
what subjects did you do btw

Thanks!

English language
English Literature
Maths
Further Maths
Core Science
Additional Science
ICT
RE
Art
French
Urdu
History
Citizenship

(If you want to know the grades, I got A*in everything besides History (which was NOT my fault, I got a C in the controlled assessment and my teacher wouldn't let me resit it T_T) Further Maths (super hard) and Urdu (a C lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!

English language
English Literature
Maths
Further Maths
Core Science
Additional Science
ICT
RE
Art
French
Urdu
History
Citizenship

(If you want to know the grades, I got A*in everything besides History (which was NOT my fault, I got a C in the controlled assessment and my teacher wouldn't let me resit it T_T) Further Maths (super hard) and Urdu (a C lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still really good grades though! What did you get in the science courseworks because I think mine are: BBB (I have 3) and I want A* in core and A* in additional what courseworks grades did you get?
8 A*s and 3As ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrob97
8 A*s and 3As ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah! How did you revise for all these? And how did you revise for maths?
2 A's, 3 B's and 3 C's
Hi, what did you guys get in GCSE's, I'm trying to motivate myself to get top grades.

2 A* 1 A 4 Bs 3 Cs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still really good grades though! What did you get in the science courseworks because I think mine are: BBB (I have 3) and I want A* in core and A* in additional what courseworks grades did you get?

Thanks! BTW I forgot to mention that in my school, we did 6 GCSE'S in year 10 and the rest is year 11.

I cannot remember lol - I think it must've been an A - is the coursework worth 25% of your grade? If so, if you get a very high A* ie almost full marks, you can still get an A* overall (hopefully) although it is quite like ypu will get an A. (They either bring your overall grade up by 1 or bring it down by 1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101
2 A* 1 A 4 Bs 3 Cs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice grades!
Thanks! BTW I forgot to mention that in my school, we did 6 GCSE'S in year 10 and the rest is year 11.

I cannot remember lol - I think it must've been an A - is the coursework worth 25% of your grade? If so, if you get a very high A* ie almost full marks, you can still get an A* overall (hopefully) although it is quite like ypu will get an A. (They either bring your overall grade up by 1 or bring it down by 1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok so my coursework is a B so minimum overall is I can get an A?
2A*s, 5As, and 2Bs. Funnily enough I got an A in maths, the subject I eventually did a degree in and now teach to earn money. A-level maths is way more fun than GCSE maths.
Original post by Don John
2A*s, 5As, and 2Bs. Funnily enough I got an A in maths, the subject I eventually did a degree in and now teach to earn money. A-level maths is way more fun than GCSE maths.

Wow that's so cool! I'm bad at maths and for some reason I want to do a levels maths! How do you recommend me to revise?

Quick Reply

Latest