The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
E.g.
I hope that I will be famous.
(Wrong)

In Sha Allah (If god wills) I will be famous.
I don't need hope, I want something I pray to god, he will deliver as long as it's not against my religion! :biggrin:

Fair enough. I was just thinking more in terms of you understanding that god will bring you what he plans for you to have but you can still hope for the fact it is part of that plan. I do see what you mean though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amellia123
I will regret not choosing religion? Haha well why do you believe then?

And no it hasn't :hugs: - I just dislike it when someone asks for an opinion and then completely picks it to pieces when it was just an opinion :tongue:

Oh sorry, did I 'pick it to pieces'? I believe because Islam has just shown so many things that are true. The quran has guessed too many things that will happen in the future, for it all just to have been a guess....
Original post by Matrix123
Fair enough. I was just thinking more in terms of you understanding that god will bring you what he plans for you to have but you can still hope for the fact it is part of that plan. I do see what you mean though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :biggrin: Are you Christian, sorry mad guess if you are not! :biggrin: XD
Oh sorry, did I 'pick it to pieces'? I believe because Islam has just shown so many things that are true. The quran has guessed too many things that will happen in the future, for it all just to have been a guess....

Nah its alright - I didn't mean to cause a clash of opinion. I just don't believe there is a God, where as there are also many people who do (and I understand why they do to some extent). Oh right that makes sense then - when I read the Bible I just saw it as mini stories - though I know they aren't (shows how much of an open mind I have :tongue:)
Nah its alright - I didn't mean to cause a clash of opinion. I just don't believe there is a God, where as there are also many people who do (and I understand why they do to some extent). Oh right that makes sense then - when I read the Bible I just saw it as mini stories - though I know they aren't (shows how much of an open mind I have :tongue:)

Just my opinion, I am sorry if I offend anyone.... But the bible is so much BS....... :frown:
Thank you! :biggrin: Are you Christian, sorry mad guess if you are not! :biggrin: XD

You're welcome :h: tbh your guess is as good as mine! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome :h: tbh your guess is as good as mine! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you aren't?
Just my opinion, I am sorry if I offend anyone.... But the bible is so much BS....... :frown:

And no you haven't - I accept your opinion whether I agree with it or not as nothing I say would be able to change it (not that I would want to change it) :biggrin:

Tbh the whole idea of religion seems a bit like that to me - but I know its because I haven't taken the time to find out what it all means
So you aren't?

Well I don't actually know. Predominantly I guess so but I hold a belief that if any one religion is true the others must be too but I'm in a phase of believing and doubting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And no you haven't - I accept your opinion whether I agree with it or not as nothing I say would be able to change it (not that I would want to change it) :biggrin:

Tbh the whole idea of religion seems a bit like that to me - but I know its because I haven't taken the time to find out what it all means

If you trusted me (I know I can't change your mind either) but you should read the quran instead..... I know its crazy but it seems much more normal than the Bible...... Maybe one day when your older :biggrin:
Well I don't actually know. Predominantly I guess so but I hold a belief that if any one religion is true the others must be too but I'm in a phase of believing and doubting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well. I would like to bring up an argument to counter your idea.... Can I or should I abstain from an argument?!
If you trusted me (I know I can't change your mind either) but you should read the quran instead..... I know its crazy but it seems much more normal than the Bible...... Maybe one day when your older :biggrin:

Haha it okay - I know what you mean :biggrin: I would do If I could read Arabic (though is it translated into English?) Telling me about when I'm older when I'm 5 years your senior :tongue: (not that I have any experience to show for it) :lol:
Well. I would like to bring up an argument to counter your idea.... Can I or should I abstain from an argument?!

I don't think I phrased my point very well but sure. It's not like I've got anything to lose (I'm terrible at debates and the like anyway :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I phrased my point very well but sure. It's not like I've got anything to lose (I'm terrible at debates and the like anyway :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amellia is the same Matrix - she tries to abstain whenever she can :tongue:
Amellia is the same Matrix - she tries to abstain whenever she can :tongue:

Hahaha I don't mind a debate with my sister - but still, I never win. Any other kind of debate and I'm usually out of the way :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha I don't mind a debate with my sister - but still, I never win. Any other kind of debate and I'm usually out of the way :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not even a debate with my sister - its a full on dictatorship :rofl: Same :tongue: Thing is both of my friends are quite 'opinionated' and like to have their say..... and I would rather just not be involved :lol:
Its not even a debate with my sister - its a full on dictatorship :rofl: Same :tongue: Thing is both of my friends are quite 'opinionated' and like to have their say..... and I would rather just not be involved :lol:

Woahhhh Little Amellia!:eek: How could she? :tongue:

Ohhh when both of my friends talk I just sit there pretty much just in silence :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

All religions are very different..... For example if I believed in Christianity, I could never believe in Islam. They follow two different concepts. Islam says god is almighty, he is god and Mohammed (saw) is his messenger and jesus is also simply a messenger. Christianity belives mostly that Jesus is the son of god/ is god himself (trinity) completely different from Islam! :biggrin: True or false? And if true then do you still believe that if you believe in one religion, you believe in all?
Woahhhh Little Amellia!:eek: How could she? :tongue:

Ohhh when both of my friends talk I just sit there pretty much just in silence :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha ikr - I have to be the 'bigger person' apparently and just turn a blind eye to it :tongue:

You me both then :lol: Either that or I excuse myself and go and do some work in the library instead :tongue:
Haha it okay - I know what you mean :biggrin: I would do If I could read Arabic (though is it translated into English?) Telling me about when I'm older when I'm 5 years your senior :tongue: (not that I have any experience to show for it) :lol:

Well as you may have realised, I am more mature than my age (mashallah)..... LOL And yes it is translated into english! :biggrin:

Latest