The Student Room Group

Gap Year Placement

Hello

I am unsure as to whether i will be going to university next year to do Economics as I didn't get my first, second or third choice. Instead I'm thinking of reapplying post A-levels, this would mean taking a gap year. During the gap year I'd like to do some paid (4-8 month) work experience, preferably related to Economics (for example banking). I'm aware I am too late to Deloitte's scheme and was wondering if there were any other schemes or opportunities out there people could tell me about? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Does it have to be related to economics fully? could you see if a company or charity will take you on for maybe event organisation? going abroad and just making some small change still makes your application better and interview easier as you've something to talk about.
Original post by lewislloyd
Does it have to be related to economics fully? could you see if a company or charity will take you on for maybe event organisation? going abroad and just making some small change still makes your application better and interview easier as you've something to talk about.

I'd prefer it to be related as i think it would strengthen my application, if not ill just have to get a regular job for the gap year. Also I will take a further maths a level if i do a gap year so staying in the UK is pretty vital.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending