The Student Room Group

When does your A Level study leave begin?

For some, you may be lucky in receiving study leave in year 12, for others, you may not receive it, depending on your school.

My study leave begins on Friday 13th May to Monday 13th June so essentially a whole month off. As I do a Cambridge Technical alongside my A Levels which is 100% coursework based, I still have to attend those lessons (providing I finish all my coursework beforehand as I can therefore not attend the lessons then) and also my GCSE Maths re-sit lessons.

For year 13, after May half term, you will have left school but this is of course dependent on the school and any outstanding work left to complete.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Exacly the same dates 13th of May to 13th of June. Its my first time having study leave I moved from a different school which didnt do it but my ixth form doe.
Reply 2
Original post by Alisha07
Exacly the same dates 13th of May to 13th of June. Its my first time having study leave I moved from a different school which didnt do it but my ixth form doe.

Ah that's lucky then, I guess some schools may be following the same pattern.
27th May, soon as the May half term starts. So I don't really have study leave.
Mine starts after the end of may... after Ive already had 2 exams!
Reply 5
20th of May but the boys school across the road finishes a week earlier than us!
Reply 6
Original post by Rhythmical
Ah that's lucky then, I guess some schools may be following the same pattern.

omg my grammar in that is horrific!
I don't think I have study leave! None of my teachers have said anything!

I can't believe I am finishing sixth form in less than 2 months. Time flies.
Reply 8
Original post by Alisha07
omg my grammar in that is horrific!

Aw, it's a forum, no one is judging you :smile:.
We don't get study leave :'(
(I think I might be "ill" a lot over the next month) :wink:
I'm in year 13 and my study leave starts on 27th May
16th of May - 6th June! I'm in year 12 btw! :colondollar:
18th of May I think (Year 13)
Friday 13th seems like an (un)appropriate day to start studying for the most important exams of your life to date. :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac
16th of May - 6th June! I'm in year 12 btw! :colondollar:

Aw I get more than you.
Original post by Mathstatician
Friday 13th seems like an (un)appropriate day to start studying for the most important exams of your life to date. :biggrin:

Tell me about it, I reckon the school will say that study leave was a joke and that we have to attend lessons as normal.
Reply 16
My sixth form doesn't even have one anymore (+_+)
Tell me about it, I reckon the school will say that study leave was a joke and that we have to attend lessons as normal.

Syyyyyke!

But no, I'd laugh along, let them enjoy the moment, before going in on the Monday and killing everybody with an axe. :colonhash:
what study leave?

oh you mean the day before if i have an exam and the morning off if i have an exam in the afternoon? LOL AT THAT STUDY LEAVE
Aw I get more than you.

I have two other exams after that as well :rofl:
I'm just greatful I have study leave tbh :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest