The Student Room Group

What do I do with this racist friend of the family?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanzilla.azad
Well it was around 70 years ago when people thought that racism was socially acceptable and were not ashamed for being so (e.g. colored toilets and whatnot). I'm implying that they live in the past, but the year can be stretched to the time of the slave trade, or whichever period of history you feel was the most racist.

50 years'd be more appropriate - the 60s are more known for racism since there was a load of immigration to the UK which started it off and there was the American civil rights movement.
Original post by thefatone
ok i have failed....ask why he's racist?

he says he's not racist.
Original post by Longshot4000
he says he's not racist.

insist he clearly is, if you use the word n***er against a black person he's racist tell him he is
insist he clearly is, if you use the word n***er against a black person he's racist tell him he is

I think I challenged him when he said coon but he said he wasn't racist because it's what they are.
Call him casper the ghost
I think I challenged him when he said coon but he said he wasn't racist because it's what they are.

no idea what this means :/

Racist term for black person.
(edited 8 years ago)

then insist he's racist explain to his feeble mind that he a stupid racist

Stop talking to him and tell your mother that you are very uncomfortable with him around your house.

Your mother will not want you to be mates with a serial rapist or a pedophile, so why she is comfortable with a serial racist?

He is not a member of your family and you can get rid of him.
Original post by Wired_1800
Stop talking to him and tell your mother that you are very uncomfortable with him around your house.

Your mother will not want you to be mates with a serial rapist or a pedophile, so why she is comfortable with a serial racist?

He is not a member of your family and you can get rid of him.

The thing is, he's very helpful. Lends money and does DIY for the house at the hell of a lot cheaper rate for what the council charges and me and my mum ain't got that kinda money. I want some good comebacks but I'm not gonna get angry with him.
Say "How is the only Spanish word you know ******? (Doubt he'll know it's actually negro) I mean come on Steve, I would have thought a man like you wouldn't have gave up on trying to learn something."

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's imply that the word ****** comes from the Spanish Poutrgeos word "Nigro" which means "Black" it was then latinised to it's current form of ******.
He's Racist.....so what?

Quick Reply

Latest