The Student Room Group

Calling all successful A-level biologists

So I'm at a bit of a dead end in terms of revision.

I make notes, posters and flashcards and NOTHING goes in. The only thing I can think of doing is to do every single past paper question and use the textbook when I get stuck.

Good/bad idea?
Reply 1
[video="youtube;MdlLdQHvsv0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdlLdQHvsv0[/video]
Reply 2
Original post by Synonym
[video="youtube;MdlLdQHvsv0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdlLdQHvsv0[/video]

OH MY GOD

I am Will so much
I would say literally speak it out over and over again- use the flashcards!! After each main meal of the day or something. If you're like me my Bio exams aren't until end of June so I'm sure with daily practice at content you'll find you know it all before too long. Hope this helps :smile: Best of luck ;P
Yeah I got most of the information in by answering past paper questions using my notes or a textbook.. It works for Chemistry quite well because you'll finnd questions with a similar answer or the same structure pop up over and over again but didn't work quite so well with Biology.. There really isn't an easy way to revise I'm afraid!

Good luck to you anyway! :smile:
Reply 5
Past papers. If you score below your target grade, mark out your weak points and revisit the content. Once you're done revising, try another one and see whether you've improved. Keep doing this until you're satisfied.
Why not see if there's any YouTube videos on some topics out of the textbook they might be useful. I am also struggling to remember everything as there is a lot to memorise. I'm on AQA
Reply 7
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Past papers. If you score below your target grade, mark out your weak points and revisit the content. Once you're done revising, try another one and see whether you've improved. Keep doing this until you're satisfied.

Yeah, I need to be way more methodical with my revision for biology.

Thank you!
Reply 8
Original post by jamestg
Yeah, I need to be way more methodical with my revision for biology.

Thank you!

The thing is, even if you know your stuff really well it can be quite difficult to get marks unless you're writing stuff relevant to the mark scheme. This will come with practice and in due time.

I used to like writing down those 4-6 makers on a notebook to revise off of as well like the transcription, translation, protein synthesis, cell differentiation and all that stuff. (excuse me, my Biology terminology is weak since I haven't done it in a while. :colondollar:)

Quick Reply

Latest