The Student Room Group

nervous

Hi all I am going to be studying Environment Science,I am terrified as I struggle alot lol how do i prepare myself please,whats the next step for me :biggrin: thank you
Hi Lily, at what level are you going to be studying it?

It's a brilliantly interesting, varied and relevant subject to be studying, so good choice. I bet you'll get into it in no time!
Reply 2
Original post by uthred50
Hi Lily, at what level are you going to be studying it?

It's a brilliantly interesting, varied and relevant subject to be studying, so good choice. I bet you'll get into it in no time!

Hiya I will be studying it at Bsc Honours Degree,i love science and anything to do with the planet :biggrin: im such a nerd haha :biggrin: what will you be studying or are studying?
What do you think you will struggle with? The lifestyle change or the course itself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilyj
Hiya I will be studying it at Bsc Honours Degree,i love science and anything to do with the planet :biggrin: im such a nerd haha :biggrin: what will you be studying or are studying?

Good stuff! I read BA Geography a few years ago. Sounds like you made a good choice for you then!
Reply 5
Original post by LordLewi23
What do you think you will struggle with? The lifestyle change or the course itself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I struggle with dyslexia when i am nervous and also i needed extra support at school and college :frown: so i am worried that i will let myself down and fail and let everyone down.I am just so scared lol
Reply 6
Original post by uthred50
Good stuff! I read BA Geography a few years ago. Sounds like you made a good choice for you then!

Hi was it very very difficult? And thank you i have always wanted to become a scientist and hoping to make my dream come true :biggrin:
Reply 7
A positive attitude really helps a lot - honestly if you go into something thinking you won't be able to do it then chances are you will struggle. Uni is a new experience but it's not a major shock to the system, you'll be fine. And there is a lot of support available during first year and throughout, so if you are struggling all you have to do is ask one of the many people available for help. And if it's something you enjoy, then you should find yourself having a good time :smile:
Original post by lilyj
Hi was it very very difficult? And thank you i have always wanted to become a scientist and hoping to make my dream come true :biggrin:

No, not at all! Good stuff - I'm sure you will do that. Keep positive and you will be fine!
Original post by lilyj
Hi I struggle with dyslexia when i am nervous and also i needed extra support at school and college :frown: so i am worried that i will let myself down and fail and let everyone down.I am just so scared lol

Well university still provide extra support :smile: Its no different. If anything the help is enchanced and more personalised :smile: You really dont need to be scared, you just do what you can do! University isnt as hard as people think. Its just the lifestyle change that scares most i think :/
Reply 10
Original post by Nmys
A positive attitude really helps a lot - honestly if you go into something thinking you won't be able to do it then chances are you will struggle. Uni is a new experience but it's not a major shock to the system, you'll be fine. And there is a lot of support available during first year and throughout, so if you are struggling all you have to do is ask one of the many people available for help. And if it's something you enjoy, then you should find yourself having a good time :smile:

Ok thank you :smile: i feel calmer now haha but i am confused about this that was on my profile on the StudentHome page- "this course includes two compulsory residential schools" what does that mean? I thought I was learning at home.I am defo looking forward to it now though as I feel I will achieve something with my life and not just stuck in retail haha,thank you :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by LordLewi23
Well university still provide extra support :smile: Its no different. If anything the help is enchanced and more personalised :smile: You really dont need to be scared, you just do what you can do! University isnt as hard as people think. Its just the lifestyle change that scares most i think :/

Ok so I dont have to worry as such as i am learning from Home with the Open Uni so i dont have to stay there lol.I do feel more positive and calmer now though thank god,i just want it to hurry up haha :biggrin: thank you
Reply 12
Original post by lilyj

Ok thank you :smile: i feel calmer now haha but i am confused about this that was on my profile on the StudentHome page- "this course includes two compulsory residential schools" what does that mean? I thought I was learning at home.I am defo looking forward to it now though as I feel I will achieve something with my life and not just stuck in retail haha,thank you :biggrin:

Good you feel better :smile: I've never heard of "residential schools" but maybe it's where you go away for a period of time to learn something specific or for experience? It sounds pretty cool to me tbh.
Reply 13
Original post by Nmys
Good you feel better :smile: I've never heard of "residential schools" but maybe it's where you go away for a period of time to learn something specific or for experience? It sounds pretty cool to me tbh.

Yeah I dont understand it lol :/ it dont really mention it in the compulsory bits haha i am such a noob lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending