The Student Room Group

IOT dates 2016

Does anyone know the entry dates for IOT in April and July this year?

I passed CBAT/medical/filter interview and am going to OASC at some point but don't have a date yet and I turn 26 in July. I want to know if I have to push for April entry for IOT if I pass. If the July intake is at the end of the month I could end up missing out because I'm too old (birthday is the 28th)

If anyone has any information I'd appreciate it!
Reply 1
If you get an acceptance, you're most likely to get on an IOT course anything from 4-6 months later. As there are prelims and admin to do before you start. You need to do do your RAFFT and get your boots (I believe) around 10 weeks before you start. You also need to get your OASC dates first!
Reply 2
The next intake after April is June, then August, so the date won't matter. If you haven't been given an OASC date yet I'd expect you won't get on April.
Reply 3
I'd be amazed if it was before the summer. (OK, this was a while ago) I had my OASC in the March, results April and was on an IOT in the November.
Reply 4
Original post by Dagowly
I'd be amazed if it was before the summer. (OK, this was a while ago) I had my OASC in the March, results April and was on an IOT in the November.

Don't forget, your placement on IOT is also dependant on the dates of phase 2 training. OP has a reasonable chance of getting through quickly enough, but will probably need to chase the AFCO a little.
Reply 5
Most pers hold before phase 2. However a lot of branches are making themselves ready for surges to meet NEM.
Reply 6
Out of interest when are the IOT intakes? Are they the same every year? I spoke to a couple of people and they said there's likely to be more intakes now that the duration of training is shorter - can anyone confirm? Cheers.
Reply 7
I don't know but I managed to get an OASC date, just back from it yesterday, now to wait for the results!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by G01035799
I don't know but I managed to get an OASC date, just back from it yesterday, now to wait for the results!!!!

Good luck!!

How long did it take you to get an OASC date after your medical?
Reply 9
Original post by AD2468
Good luck!!

How long did it take you to get an OASC date after your medical?

5 months, but that was because i broke my leg 3 years ago so capita deemed me temporarily unfit pending review from cranwell and it took 4 months for cranwell to even look at it. Some people in my syndicate didn't even wait a month.

Also if anyone reading this thread got through OASC, how long before you got your letter telling you how you did?
Reply 10
5 months, but that was because i broke my leg 3 years ago so capita deemed me temporarily unfit pending review from cranwell and it took 4 months for cranwell to even look at it. Some people in my syndicate didn't even wait a month.

Also if anyone reading this thread got through OASC, how long before you got your letter telling you how you did?

I went to OASC on 29-30 March and I haven't had any results yet. This maybe because I couldn't have my medical on the day as there were to many of us needing meds. I waited just over a week to be given a medical date after OASC which is next week which is hopeful, I wouldnt see much point asking someone to come back for a medical if they had been unsuccesful! (may just be me being optimistic)

Apart from that I have heard a mix of some getting it the following week and some getting it after 3 weeks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Bubinga
I went to OASC on 29-30 March and I haven't had any results yet. This maybe because I couldn't have my medical on the day as there were to many of us needing meds. I waited just over a week to be given a medical date after OASC which is next week which is hopeful, I wouldnt see much point asking someone to come back for a medical if they had been unsuccesful! (may just be me being optimistic)

Apart from that I have heard a mix of some getting it the following week and some getting it after 3 weeks.

I had the exact same situation. They couldn't finish all the medicals so we were told to come back. However I nagged the staff at adastrall hall and they managed to slot me in the next day so I stayed one more night. I did ask the medical staff at the time and they said the medical won't affect your board result. Like if you can't do your medical immediately they would still write to you with an offer to start IOT but it would just say "pending medical approval" on it
Reply 12
I asked if I could stay an extra night as well for the medical the next day (I am 3 hours away) but was told no!

That's strange, my interview board told me I probably wouldn't get anything until the medical had been conducted. I also phoned up the Monday following my OASC asking for a medical date and was told that they couldn't give me one until they got my 'file' which usually takes a week for them to receive.

All strange - it will be the third week next week so hopefully I'll receive something then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Bubinga
I asked if I could stay an extra night as well for the medical the next day (I am 3 hours away) but was told no!

That's strange, my interview board told me I probably wouldn't get anything until the medical had been conducted. I also phoned up the Monday following my OASC asking for a medical date and was told that they couldn't give me one until they got my 'file' which usually takes a week for them to receive.

All strange - it will be the third week next week so hopefully I'll receive something then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone seems to get different information! Well good luck and hope it goes well for you! I haven't been out a week yet and the suspense is killing me. Going into work and pretending to give a **** is nearly impossible
Reply 14
Got an IOT date! Joining in June :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by g01035799
got an iot date! Joining in june :smile:

congrats!!!!!!!
Reply 16
Got an IOT date! Joining in June :smile:

Blimey that was quick, Congratulations! Just had my medical today and was all fine so hopefully will get something through soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest