The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingKoala
I have read your previous messages and I have seen you frequently post about how you think that Coutinho has more potential than martial.

See, yet again you have nothing relevant to say regarding me countering your argument with Suarez....so you just change the subject.

Unreal.
Original post by NathanW18
KingKoala, you have made something out of nothing.

Getting assists doesn't mean he played well. Rooney is the king of padding stats and playing like ****.

I don't understand why he's so pissed - I never said Martial is a garbage player. Hell I never said he played terrible, just a little poorer that you would expect considering how well Lingard and Rashford played.

The first assist was a simple pass to Rashford like any other; the kid just so happened to score a brilliant goal.
If I recall correctly, wasn't the second "assist" a mis-hit that deflected in off Fellaini?
Original post by Lúcio
See, yet again you have nothing relevant to say regarding me countering your argument with Suarez....so you just change the subject.

Unreal.

I don't need to argue with someone who truly believes Coutinho has more potential than Martial does.
Dortmund with the world class bottle.

Now we'll get 4th only for Liverpool to win the EL.
I'm so pissed off that I could sack LvG right here and now
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I'm so pissed off that I could sack LvG right here and now

I'm genuinely angry

Sick of watching us play boring football and not having any personality in our team at all. Our team is just a bunch of robots.

Can you imagine us going 3-1 down to a team to Dortmund? We would be finished. Then we'd just have to listen to Michael Carrick at the end of the match saying how much they care and how we have to bounce back.

I want LVG gone ASAP
Original post by zKlown
I'm genuinely angry

Sick of watching us play boring football and not having any personality in our team at all. Our team is just a bunch of robots.

Can you imagine us going 3-1 down to a team to Dortmund? We would be finished. Then we'd just have to listen to Michael Carrick at the end of the match saying how much they care and how we have to bounce back.

I want LVG gone ASAP

But I thought he's staying and Jose isn't coming...
Original post by Rk2k14
But I thought he's staying and Jose isn't coming...

That's the problem

We'll win the FA Cup and he'll stay.

The stupid United twitter account will continue to spout crap and Dwight Yorke will continue to prance around in exotic countries taking selfies with small children.
Original post by KingKoala
You just can't take that he is going to develop into a world class player, much better than anything Liverpool will have to offer, stop clutching at straws.

You're getting too cynical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14

Maybe you could say Dortmund bottled, but love us or hate us, you absolutely cannot take anything away from the belief and determination that we showed tonight.

We all know we're gonna banter ourselves off by losing to Shaktar now...
Original post by qasidb
You're getting too cynical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean?
Original post by Lúcio
Im not arguing the fact that getting 2 assists isn't valuable, I'm arguing the notion that "assisting" twice automatically means you played well.

Story of Arsenal fans with Ozil
Reply 7672
Original post by Rk2k14

And City to win the CL.
Original post by Dirtybit
Story of Arsenal fans with Ozil

I think the difference with Ozil is that his assists put it on a plate. Martial put neither on a plate and that's my argument. An assist is an assist whether it's a world class 50 year diagonal pass, or a mis-hit that bounces off somebody to go in.
Just out of curiosity do any of you guys hold the same opinion- would you rather win either the FA Cup or the EL?

Original post by Manchester United
You're talking ****. What does winning the Europa actually mean? You was the best club that failed in CL/failed to qualify for CL? It's like winning the Paralympics.People place too much importance on getting into the CL. Don't get me wrong I want top 4 badly; the revenue, appeal in the transfer window and thrill of European nights is lovely, but it's clear we (and yourselves) don't stand a chance of winning it.Look at Arsenal, they qualify every year but what do they ****ing achieve? Nothing. Is it really that good to just make up the numbers?I'd much rather win an FA Cup that is included in the three major titles (CL, League Title and Domestic cup).Edit: Sorry for missing some replies out, I got swamped, so I only responded to the least stupid one's.
Depends if we finish in the top four or not tbh. Looking at them purely as cups, FA Cup. But now EL gives you Champions League qualification and we be hovering around 5th ffs.
I read that Jose going to PSG :redface: Imagine being stuck with souless LVG football for another year, followed by Giggs trying to be manager eeeekkk!

I actually think we have a good chance of winning the FA cup if we play well as we dont have to play any more "big" teams in London which is what we seem to be bad at atm.

Also does anyone actually know what position TFM is actually meant to play?
Original post by The.Joker
Just out of curiosity do any of you guys hold the same opinion- would you rather win either the FA Cup or the EL?

(Follow up post in Liverpool thread):

Original post by The.Joker
Winning the EL means you're good enough to try against the top European clubs. Getting into the CL and regularly staying in the competition is very important in order to attract the top players across the world. Why would any of the world's best or upcoming wonder kids want to come to a club where they don't play in the CL? Fair enough we may not win it in the short term-say 2/3 years, but the point is to try to go toe to toe against Europe's best and grow every season. Like you said the TV deals/match day revenue etc is major for every club so it makes no sense to opt for the FA Cup. Arsenal are something else though, they just don't have the mentality (right now at least) to get over the line. Maybe if they get a new manager it'll be different but they certainly have the players to to take them far into the competition. To me it seems like a loser mentality to not want to play in the CL just because right now it doesn't seem realistic or feasible to win it.

To be fair, we are in a very different situation to yourselves, so perhaps my opinion is very bias to the point of view of Manchester United. I guess you guys need the CL to draw players and produce revenue; essentially you need to ignite the waking of the sleeping giant.

Whereas we will attract top players for the next 5 years and still produce ridiculous revenue figures regardless of whether we qualify for CL. Therefore for Manchester United, if we have no chance of winning the CL, I would just rather focus on winning the Premiership which is a very realistic aim. It's clear how Leicester are benefiting from no European fixtures. Our squad isn't big enough to deal with the demands of Europe too.

Is that loser mentality? Or is it considering realistic targets and altering priorities accordingly to achieve the best outcome, potentially a league title because we can put all our eggs in that basket rather than spreading our squad too thin on competitions we have no chance of winning.

----

If our squad was capable of fighting on all fronts I would be all for the extra European fixtures, but when we have to rely on 19 year old's, play CAM's and strikers on the wing because we don't have anyone else, I'm not sure extra fixtures is really what we need.

Our most realistic target should be to win the FA Cup this season and challenge for the league next season. We will not be winning the CL for some time, so Premiership has to take priority.

It would be interesting to gather other peoples opinions on this. I think it comes down to your mindset; pragmatism vs hope, of course in an ideal world we would just get Lukaku, Ibra, Griezmann, Stones, Mahrez and Payet in the summer so squad depth isn't a problem.

tl;dr: I'm a winner, I don't care about making up the numbers and 'taking part is all that counts' - that's bs to satisfy the losers (like Arsenal). In the history books, you either won the competition/league or you didn't. We should be doing everything to maximise our opportunity of title/cup success and that starts with the FA Cup and proceeds with the league next year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I read that Jose going to PSG :redface: Imagine being stuck with souless LVG football for another year, followed by Giggs trying to be manager eeeekkk!

I actually think we have a good chance of winning the FA cup if we play well as we dont have to play any more "big" teams in London which is what we seem to be bad at atm.

Also does anyone actually know what position TFM is actually meant to play?

Box-to-box wide half-back
Couldn't give a flying fluck if we won the FA cup and missed out on CL.

So Rashford has always had finesse on lock -

Latest