The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Summer Placement 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by velvetsky
Yes!
This:

Thank you for your recent application. We appreciate your interest in working for us, but unfortunately we will not be taking your application any further on this occasion.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in LloydsPharmacy and good luck with your job search.

Kind Regards

LloydsPharmacy Recruitment Team

I'm in 2nd year btw.You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, got the same email :frown:

I'm 2nd year too :smile:

I just read you applied and got a placement with Wells last year, albeit a negative experience by the looks of things, how did the process go?
I applied this year back in Jan, didn't hear anything so emailed them yesterday, it does seem they a little unorganized.
Original post by AboutThatLife93
Yep, got the same email :frown:

I'm 2nd year too :smile:

I just read you applied and got a placement with Wells last year, albeit a negative experience by the looks of things, how did the process go?
I applied this year back in Jan, didn't hear anything so emailed them yesterday, it does seem they a little unorganized.

Yes I did, I applied the day before the deadline in January lol.They got back to me on 12/4/15 (just checked my emails) telling me they were giving me a placement offer and would get back to me soon with the branch details etc.
Don't worry, you'll hear back within the next 3 weeks!.I hope you get it! :biggrin:
The application process was ok - the usual just the actual placement that I didn't like.
Did you apply to any hospitals? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I did, I applied the day before the deadline in January lol.They got back to me on 12/4/15 (just checked my emails) telling me they were giving me a placement offer and would get back to me soon with the branch details etc.
Don't worry, you'll hear back within the next 3 weeks!.I hope you get it! :biggrin:
The application process was ok - the usual just the actual placement that I didn't like.
Did you apply to any hospitals? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, same, I applied the day before too haha, thank you!
How was the placement like?

I was going to apply to UCL hospitals and Uni of Bham hospitals but missed the deadline, can't remember why though :frown: I'm such a last min person :/
Have you applied to any?
Original post by AboutThatLife93
Yes, same, I applied the day before too haha, thank you!
How was the placement like?

I was going to apply to UCL hospitals and Uni of Bham hospitals but missed the deadline, can't remember why though :frown: I'm such a last min person :/
Have you applied to any?

It was not a great experience.They gave me 16 booklets to do:/ yes SIXTEEN. I felt like I was concentrating more on the completing the booklets & online assessments/SOPs than actually learning & enjoying the experience.
It was in the middle of July & the manager (also the pharmacist) was refusing to switch the air conditioning on because it would cost the company too much money.

However I learnt a few things, generated a few labels, dispensed a few items etc.

Omg me too! I'm so last minute:'( . Yes, I applied to Lancaster & Lancashire teaching hospitals ,I didn't hear back :frown:.Bristol hospitals is currently open, closing date is 7/04/16!!.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Same second year here!
I only applied lloyds and boots this year, but lloyds rejected me recently.:frown:
So boots possibly is the only chance for me, I'm quite worry about that...
Has anyone received anything from Boots?
Or is there any interview by phone call?
Original post by imblaq17
Same second year here!
I only applied lloyds and boots this year, but lloyds rejected me recently.:frown:
So boots possibly is the only chance for me, I'm quite worry about that...
Has anyone received anything from Boots?
Or is there any interview by phone call?

Boots will let us know by 15/04/16:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an email from boots today offering me a placement also applied to well and lloyds. Lloyds told me my desired location is full so they unfortunately can't give me a place however my friend got the same email and then a couple of days later was offered a place. So I'm hoping somethings come through. Just so happy about the boots one !
Got accepted to Boots today
Offer from boots today

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from Lloyds for a summer placement last week! Does anyone know what their pay looks like? I am trying to decide if I should do my final year project over the summer instead....
Original post by neldee95
I got an offer from Lloyds for a summer placement last week! Does anyone know what their pay looks like? I am trying to decide if I should do my final year project over the summer instead....

for 6 weeks work i got paid around £1200ish
Original post by sachinisgod
for 6 weeks work i got paid around £1200ish

Hey, thanks for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, how many days a week did you work? Also, how long was a typical work day?
Hey, thanks for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, how many days a week did you work? Also, how long was a typical work day?

I did 5 days a week. I had to to do 10am-6pm on avg as i had 40 hour/week
Anyone got a placement with SLAM?
Original post by blazin-23
Got accepted to Boots today

Offer from boots today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations guys :smile:
I did 5 days a week. I had to to do 10am-6pm on avg as i had 40 hour/week

Ah thanks. Did you enjoy it? Oh and btw, if you've also worked in Boots, which did you prefer?
Ah thanks. Did you enjoy it? Oh and btw, if you've also worked in Boots, which did you prefer?

Yeah it was ok, my store wasnt the best. I had no permanent pharmacist and there were only locums which changed a lot. So the whole point of a structured placement was defeated but even though it was annoying, i did my daily tasks and got paid in the end.

As for Boots, i only have a 2 day placement with them, and I wouldnt even go near them. The worst company to work for. True they might not expect a lot from you as a placement student but there is a motive only for targets and sales rather have a personal touch with the patient.
Yeah it was ok, my store wasnt the best. I had no permanent pharmacist and there were only locums which changed a lot. So the whole point of a structured placement was defeated but even though it was annoying, i did my daily tasks and got paid in the end.

As for Boots, i only have a 2 day placement with them, and I wouldnt even go near them. The worst company to work for. True they might not expect a lot from you as a placement student but there is a motive only for targets and sales rather have a personal touch with the patient.

Yes!! I spent a month working for Boots and it was horrendous ugh! I have this feeling that I may prefer Lloyds. During my placement at Boots, the store manager was really interfering. She was not a pharmacist, I don't even know if she went to uni but she was really target driven and had bad people skills. Atleast in Lloyds, you are sure your superiors would be pharmacists like you that understand the concept of patient safety. Anyway, thanks for all your help. Are you applying to hospital for pre-reg?
Yes!! I spent a month working for Boots and it was horrendous ugh! I have this feeling that I may prefer Lloyds. During my placement at Boots, the store manager was really interfering. She was not a pharmacist, I don't even know if she went to uni but she was really target driven and had bad people skills. Atleast in Lloyds, you are sure your superiors would be pharmacists like you that understand the concept of patient safety. Anyway, thanks for all your help. Are you applying to hospital for pre-reg?

I got rejected by Boots for 1st 2nd and 3rd year AND Pre reg lol, maybe it was meant for me not to work at that hellhole.

Ive already got my Lloyds pre reg, as i did my summer placement with them, i automatically got a pre reg interview and as i was one of the top ranked ( as i was told) I got offered my first choice location.
So I emailed Wells as suggested a couple of weeks back and didnt get a reply :frown: So i'm assuming I didn't get the place then. However I didn't complete my application on their site, I sent an application form to an email they sent me as another way of applying. And I didn't get an email back witht the usual "Thank you for applying lalala"

Is there a phone number I can try?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending