The Student Room Group

Leicester University or Aston University

Hi guys!
The deadline to make a firm/insurance choice is coming up and I'm so confused between Leicester/Aston

Leicester -Economics BA
Aston - International business and Economics Bsc

Leicester has a much better rep but Aston seems to be far ahead in the econ department. I'm confused in terms of future job prospects, although Aston is above in Econ, as it's not got a higher rep, would Leicester be the better choice (even if its Econ department is poorer)? would really appreciate any advice :smile:
Original post by Kraykray
Hi guys!
The deadline to make a firm/insurance choice is coming up and I'm so confused between Leicester/Aston

Leicester -Economics BA
Aston - International business and Economics Bsc

Leicester has a much better rep but Aston seems to be far ahead in the econ department. I'm confused in terms of future job prospects, although Aston is above in Econ, as it's not got a higher rep, would Leicester be the better choice (even if its Econ department is poorer)? would really appreciate any advice :smile:

Hi,

You can use Unistats to directly compare courses. Comparing our course with Leicester's, we have a 90% satisfaction rate, compared with their 67%.

If you have any questions about Aston or Birmingham in general i'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local.

Good luck with your decision.

Josh :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

You can use Unistats to directly compare courses. Comparing our course with Leicester's, we have a 90% satisfaction rate, compared with their 67%.

If you have any questions about Aston or Birmingham in general i'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local.

Good luck with your decision.

Josh :smile:

Although both have small sample sizes...
Original post by jneill
Although both have small sample sizes...

Yes you're right to point that out. Both scores could be unrepresentative of a true sample.

However we would welcome any student to find that out for themselves by coming to one of our open days, our next one is June 25th. We have a number of current students giving guided tours on the day, i'm sure Kraykray could have a chat with one of our students studying International Business and Economics if they wanted. :smile:

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending