The Student Room Group

How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Unless the age of consent is different where you are, UK law defines it as sexual abuse. Particularly for children under age 13
Reply 21
In that instance I don't have enough info in either case but it doesn't automatically make it not abusive. For you or the other person. Lots of other factors come into play

Couldn't find anyone irl so waited till 18 when I could use hookup apps.
(edited 8 years ago)
i'm 17 still faithful to my left hand which took my virginity at the ripe age of 9
9, didn't count that. Again at 12, didn't count that. Then 16 properly
Reply 26
Original post by Tailored Suit
Considering I'm the one who had sex, I think I would know whether either of us were abused or not and we weren't. It was the typical story of children entering puberty, getting horny and having sex, no abuse involved at all.

That's why I said I didn't have enough info to say either way. Some people don't believe child-on-child sexual abuse even exists. Only you, of course, would know whether in your situation you were both consenting and experimenting. I perhaps didn't distinguish my thoughts enough in that reply.
Only until I get married.
Not lost it...yet
Original post by ~Tara~
I always feel like these posts are problematic. I was abused from age 3. As far as I can remember a penis didn't penetrate my vagina until age 10.

My "virginity" though. I didn't really lose that until I was 23/4. This was the first time I felt able to fully, willingly and soberly engage in sex. I consider that losing my virginity. I'm still with that man and he's just amazing.

I was really grateful to come across the concept of defining virginity for myself in a way that looks beyond the hymen and penetration. We traditionally see it as penis in vagina but it needs redefining for gay people if we focus solely on an act. So the idea that virginity is about consensual offering of yourself - in a way that actually honours yourself and acknowledges your vulnerability. I like this concept way more and it breeds respect - of yourself and from others because it places value on yourself

Wow this is pretty deep. Are you sure you feel comfortable sharing this on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Wow this is pretty deep. Are you sure you feel comfortable sharing this on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks for asking :smile: in my day job, I talk about my history to help train therapists and people who work with young people or abuse survivors so I'm okay with people knowing about it.

I also remember being a teenager and feeling uncomfortable whenever this topic of virginity came up. So I wanted to share the concept of deciding what virginity means to us, in case anyone is lurking and might need to hear it. So far, I've had nothing but a positive experience of disclosing my past on here. I mean, touch wood it stays that way but most people are inherently good :smile:
Original post by Proxenus
How big was his willy?

Wtf is wrong with you? That is a very inappropriate question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ~Tara~
Hi, thanks for asking :smile: in my day job, I talk about my history to help train therapists and people who work with young people or abuse survivors so I'm okay with people knowing about it.

I also remember being a teenager and feeling uncomfortable whenever this topic of virginity came up. So I wanted to share the concept of deciding what virginity means to us, in case anyone is lurking and might need to hear it. So far, I've had nothing but a positive experience of disclosing my past on here. I mean, touch wood it stays that way but most people are inherently good :smile:

Well I think it's good that you didn't remain a victim of the abuse and instead you used your negative experiences to the benefit of all. Good on you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Wtf is wrong with you? That is a very inappropriate question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ofc its not! its just a number! don't let society brainwash you!
Reply 35
How big was his willy?

I guess some people just can't handle me suggesting that the majority of humans are inherently good 🙄

Well done for being the minority 👏
I don't believe for a second that some of the people who've commented aren't virgins :rofl:
want to loose it to me?
Not lost it...yet

lol
[ERROR 404]

I still haven't left my basement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending