The Student Room Group

Is she trying to whip me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rub-a-dub dub
Okay, so I guess I should probably apologise then?

I honestly thought I was in the right, till I created this thread and realised it was the complete opposite. :/

That's more like it, fair play for admitting you're wrong, you obviously have some maturity.

I'm sure she'll understand. You did sound a bit childish but if you make more of an effort to be mature there's no reason your relationship can't work.

Good luck.
There's no need to be a keyboard warrior, with the unnecessary insults.

You were making her sound like an idiot deliberately. If you don't want honest opinions, don't put your life on the internet. Deal with your problems yourself.
What you said was just unnecessary, why is everyone ganging up on me, like what I did was so wrong?

If you are a woman there is nothing wrong with this except she is trying to mother you, i have friends who pay for me too and when i insist they say no but they earn more than me anyway.
If i was a boy and in this position would feel very uncomfortable.
Original post by TheMaskedLady
Well clearly you care about her so there's really no need to complain. For relationships to work you have to give up a few things, but that doesn't mean you completely hand over all control to her. Communication is the key to a healthy and good relationship.

Eating food in a restaurant that isn't from the restaurant is just generally considered rude. It's a general rule made by society. Some restaurants even specifically say not to eat food from outside. Your girlfriend was just helping you out, she was stopping you from doing something considered rude by the general public or else you would have made a fool of yourself in front of her family. Which is what you later on did anyways.

maybe shes's not trying to mother you. Maybe she's just trying to show you how much she loves you. after all 'the way to a man's heart is from his stomach.' (gonna assume you're a guy).

Glad i could help. now i advise you to go speak to her right now and tell her how you feel. She doesn't know she's being over controlling unless you tell her. and unless you tell her how is she going to stop?

Yeah you are right, I agree with you, best advice so far.

Oh and I am a dude.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you want to be big about it go and apologise to her parents as well.
Yeah you are right, I agree with you, best advice so far.

Oh and I am a dude.

Your very welcome :^_^:
Original post by 999tigger
Its not really about the chocolate bar, although its a bit childish and rude , when her parents are there. You cnat see that. You should have ordered a pizza.

Its not about her paying, but then you should have the ability to talk with her and reach an agreement like grown ups do.

It is about you storming out of the restaurant, which makes you look like a petulant child/ prat/ immature cretin in front of her parents. Do you always storm off when you dont get immediate attention? Its lolsome.

I am not usually just immature. But I just got caught up in the moment. And I did honestly believe that there was nothing wrong in what I did. But I can see that I was probably to blame for the whole incident. I agree with your points I'll apologise in the evening or tomorrow morning.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
OP, you sound a little bit immature tbh. Not horribly so, but she's trying to bring you on and teach you how to behave in different situations. Your best bet would be to listen to her more.

You make it seem like she should be my mother. :/
I am not usually just immature. But I just got caught up in the moment. And I did honestly believe that there was nothing wrong in what I did. But I can see that I was probably to blame for the whole incident. I agree with your points I'll apologise in the evening or tomorrow morning.

I would just emphasise you really can put things right if you go round in person and apologise to her parents.

Talk to her about from time to time youd like to pay or you cna go dutch becayse it makes you feel like you are leeching, when in fact you enjoy being with her. Buy her a 5 pack of chcolate and say you know she only did it because she was jealous and wanted some..........................
Original post by tengentoppa
That's more like it, fair play for admitting you're wrong, you obviously have some maturity.

I'm sure she'll understand. You did sound a bit childish but if you make more of an effort to be mature there's no reason your relationship can't work.

Good luck.

I still don't believe I was completely in the wrong, although I will take most of the blame.

Thanks for the advice though.
How old are you both? do you have a job? I honestly thought you were around 17/18 with a older woman.
Original post by chikane
If you are a woman there is nothing wrong with this except she is trying to mother you, i have friends who pay for me too and when i insist they say no but they earn more than me anyway.
If i was a boy and in this position would feel very uncomfortable.

I am a guy, yeah it can feel uncomfortable considering it's usually the guys who are meant to pay for meals, but it seems to have switched in my case. :/
Get rid of her.
I don't really want to break up with her, I can't just go and find a new girlfriend life isn't that easy, relationship takes time and effort to build. I just want to work out our issues, but she seems to be over controlling.

And everyone in this thread is pointing out to me that what I did was "bad mannered", honestly who made up this rule?

Yeah you are right having free food is always nice, but it feels like she's tying to mother me.

You are right though, I agree with your points.

No one can control you without your consent.
You're allowing her to control you and walk all over you.
It's time you exercised some control, and actually worked towards getting your rights back.

And the bad mannered thing, see it like this:
If you and your family took a friend out to a restaurant, and ordered food, and the food was taking forever to come, and all of you were starving. Then that friend just takes out their own food, instead of waiting, or even at least having the courtesy to offer it to you or/and your family, they start scoffing it down.
How would that seem to you? How would that make you feel?

Or say, if you have a restaurant, and you have customers that have ordered your amazing food. Then, while the food is on its way the customers take out their own food and start eating it.
Wouldn't you be offended? That they're bringing food bought from outside your restaurant into it and sitting in the comfortable atmosphere of your restaurant and eating someone else's food? When all they had to do was wait a little while?
Original post by 999tigger
I would just emphasise you really can put things right if you go round in person and apologise to her parents.

Talk to her about from time to time youd like to pay or you cna go dutch becayse it makes you feel like you are leeching, when in fact you enjoy being with her. Buy her a 5 pack of chcolate and say you know she only did it because she was jealous and wanted some..........................

Saying that will make her smile. And I should apologise to her family as a whole, I just hope her family accept my apology. :/
Original post by chikane
How old are you both? do you have a job? I honestly thought you were around 17/18 with a older woman.

You're right she's 19 and I am 18. I study part time and work part time. She works part time and studies part time as well.

Why how old did you think she was?
You make it seem like she should be my mother. :/

No. Your leader. :teehee:
You're right she's 19 and I am 18. I study part time and work part time. She works part time and studies part time as well.

Why how old did you think she was?

:K: i thought she was in her late 20's maybe 30's if she was treating you like she is some sugar mummy, sorry for saying are you a girl or a young schoolboy cause i thought you probably don't work that's why she pays?
You said in a previous post how you don't want to break up but you are very young and you can find someone who will treat you with respect.

Also if you both work part time and study i see no reason why she would want to pay for you all the time you both will probably earn similar amount of money? like i said my friend always insists on paying but she says she earns more that is why so i don't mind much.

You said she is very controlling what would she be like in 10 years time or even 5!? if i were you i would let her go as you are young if you are planning to go uni you will meet so many other girls there so this could be your escape if she says her parents want her to break up with you.
I am a guy, yeah it can feel uncomfortable considering it's usually the guys who are meant to pay for meals, but it seems to have switched in my case. :/

If i was a guy i would feel emasculated.
Reply 59
For example: In the past she would pay for a meal for the both of us then she'll refuse when I offer to pay half, even if I insist she'll still say no. And won't let me choose the meal. I basically have to stand my ground to get my way with this girl. Yesterday her family invited me to dinner with them in a restaurant, but the food was taking quite some time to arrive, then I remembered I left a chocolate bar in my pocket and I wanted to munch it since I was really hungry. But before I could even open the wrapper she snatched the bar out of my hand and said I had to wait for my food. I got vexed and tried explaining that I was hungry, but she was being stubborn and said "no, you are going to get a stomach ache, wait for the salad". I clinched my jaw and didn't want to make a scene in front of her family, but then she triggered me again by saying "she doesn't like my attitude", so I said "well if I am a child to you why haven't you changed my diaper yet"? as I felt she was treating me like a child, but she laughed. And I got up and stormed out of the restaurant, her family were shocked and unimpressed by my immature behaviour.

When I called her and asked her why she treats me like she's my mum, she says it's because she "cares about me".

But I don't know if this is her way of showing she cares about me or if she's just being a control freak and trying to whip me?

Wtf is wrong with you, which non disabled human being takes a chocolate bar out in a restaurant, were you raised in a farm? unless you weren't in a restaurant and you were having a cheeky McDonalds.
just shut up and put the chocolate bar down fatty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending