The Student Room Group

STEP Blog of Virgin Duke

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Looks like you're doing well Duke.

BTW according to this: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/296681/response/730962/attach/2/Christ%20s%20College%20STEP%20Engineering%2013%2015.pdf

Only one Christ's Engineering applicant has achieved an S in STEP I to date ... :smile:
Original post by jneill

BTW according to this: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/296681/response/730962/attach/2/Christ%20s%20College%20STEP%20Engineering%2013%2015.pdf

Only one Christ's Engineering applicant has achieved an S in STEP I to date ... :smile:

Not sure, mines are mostly borderline S. And I dont know how I would perform under exam condtiions.

Nice data. But tbh if I recieved the offer last yr I wouldnt have met it. Doing A levels and STEP simultaneously is a lot of work(i mean really a lot). Imagine how the ,mathmos live :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Duke Glacia
Doing A levels and STEP simultaneously is a lot of work(i mean really a lot). Imagine how the ,mathmos live :redface:

Indeed - as pm found last year... :frown:
Original post by jneill

Haha, I know who that is! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Indeed - as pm found last year... :frown:

N this year. I just started work today.
I wnt miss step tho this time .....
Might just be physics again....
Original post by physicsmaths
N this year. I just started work today.
I wnt miss step tho this time .....
Might just be physics again....

feck physics. Tell Homerton ur goin camping with Renzhi:colonhash:
feck physics. Tell Homerton ur goin camping with Renzhi:colonhash:

Hw the **** u get A*?
I actually need tips. Did u do ppers more then once?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hw the **** u get A*?
I actually need tips. Did u do ppers more then once?

Posted from TSR Mobile

past papers but first read through the whole tb and understand each concept (read the textbook eachline atleast 3 times) then once ur confident with the concept start tackling pp and the then mark where u went wrong. Adn if u forgot some points to mention (thats on the mark scheme) remember em. write that point down on the textbook on the page of the relevant topic then after some time(dnt redo it immediately ) redo the paper. Youll be fine m8.tbh they wont reject one of the best mathmo in the nation 'cuz of some useless physics grade
(edited 8 years ago)
@Duke Glacia

I would like to know how you became extremely good at maths? (No modesty please)

I would also like to know whether you think watching all videos on ExamSolutions.net for C1-4 until I understand it, will give me the necessary tools to start tackling STEP 1.
Wakey wakey
Original post by PumpkinPatrick
@Duke Glacia

I would like to know how you became extremely good at maths? (No modesty please)

I would also like to know whether you think watching all videos on ExamSolutions.net for C1-4 until I understand it, will give me the necessary tools to start tackling STEP 1.

Well all i did for A levels were practice mixed exercise and review exercise (at least 2 times each) then move on to the past papers. Also if u practice STEP youll be also good at A level maths(its a amazing byproduct).

I have never watched examsolutions(but some creatures like @Zacken used the site extensivley ). So once ur comfortable with C1-c4 u can start tackling STEP 1. At first u will feel like swearing but it gets easier(not easy tho)

Spoiler

Ooh I did this paper yesterday (2004)
Haha it was the worst thing. started doing it think it was a step II paper and was like **** I'm screwed, then realised it was a III paper and was so thankful.

Question 8 is also quite nice, if you've done differential equations in fp3/2 yet
Original post by mpaterson
Ooh I did this paper yesterday (2004)
Haha it was the worst thing. started doing it think it was a step II paper and was like **** I'm screwed, then realised it was a III paper and was so thankful.

Question 8 is also quite nice, if you've done differential equations in fp3/2 yet

m8 i completely agree. STEP 3 is 2 tough. Actually i feel its aafecting my STEP 2 performance:tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

You ****ing badman. Well done you better not miss your offer now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You ****ing badman. Well done you better not miss your offer now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope so m8.I desperatly wanna c physicsmaths irl:redface:
Reply 78

Spoiler

Killing it Duke, keep at it! :biggrin:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Killing it Duke, keep at it! :biggrin:

cheers fam !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending