The Student Room Group

Would you sleep with someone who is in a relationship?

So this guy I know is on a 'break' and he is really attractive, is it ok to have sex with him? would you sleep with someone who you knew had a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If he is on a break surely that means he has split from his girlfriend and won't be going back to her?
If he is then have some self respect you would be his bit on the side and he will pick his gf over you each time once you have developed deeper feelings for him.

I wouldn't because i would not like the same happening to me i would rather they were single before jumping into bed with them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
No I wouldn't sleep with anyone who was on a break or was in a full on relationship with someone. I would only sleep with someone who was in a fully committed relationship to me and only me.
WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!

Yeah I'd say its okay, if you don't know the girl then its not like you owe her anything. Tbh I don't think sleeping with someone who you know is in a relationship is that bad if you're not the one initiating
No point in being a homewrecker.
Original post by Anonymous
So this guy I know is on a 'break' and he is really attractive, is it ok to have sex with him? would you sleep with someone who you knew had a girlfriend?

If I were you, yeah, you won't be the one in trouble if she decides they don't want to be on a break anymore.
See Friends season 3.
Only if they were in that relationship with me.
yeah idc lol
Reply 8
I hate to admit this, but I have done and I completely and whole-heartedly regret it. The person I slept with had been sleeping with other people too, however when I asked about her boyfriend, she just said that he's fine with it as long as she's sleeping with girls. and not guys...so it was somewhat of a weird situation:s-smilie:
Nope, scummy thing to do IMO. Might surprise some people when I say that I do actually have morals :lol:

Why is it called "sleeping" - when that is not what you do.....
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Why is it called "sleeping" - when that is not what you do.....

:tongue:

If they wanted to get back together and you had intercourse with him it would be quite awkward for them later on but hey ho no reason not to
Reply 13
I think the main onus is on the person in the relationship to be faithful and all is fair in love and war for single folk. But I'd draw the line at marriage breaking.
Reply 14
Why do you want to sleep with someone that is unavailable? Being on a break isn't just a little holiday where you get to f- whomever and then go back to your partner. I wouldn't get in the middle of that.

Think your energy would be better spent sleeping with someone you could trust because if you meet via an affair you're never going to trust them.
guys there was literally a whole episode of Friends on why sex with other people during a break isn't allowed
Original post by Drunk Punx
No point in being a homewrecker.

Judgemental ass.
OP, I think you should rephrase the question as "would you sleep with someone who is on a 'break'?"
I have done a few times.. not proud
Judgemental ass.

Whilst it's true that the accusation of cheating is generally only levied at people who are in relationship, it doesn't make the person who's encouraging the person in the relationship to cheat any less immoral. Takes two to tango, y'know?

So do I judge people who do that? ****ing right I do, as encouraging someone to do something so selfish and ill-considered that it will make someone else suffer emotionally and mentally for it as a result is a downright dick move.

Ergo, homewrecker.

You're a pussy for hiding behind anon by the way :fyi:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending