The Student Room Group

Attn Muslims: Do you shake hands with the females

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TaintedLight
Notice this thread's discussion is not about what hand one should be using to eat or drink.

For some (obvious) reason you had no knowledgeable response for the topic so decided to play the silly "why do you care what we do" card. Wise up dude.

Yet you mentioned about drinking with the left hand in the OP so I commented on it.
So you still cannot give an explanation to why you care when it doesn't affect you?

I already voted in the poll even though I felt the question was directed more towards guys.
However I agree with digistar_100's response.
Reply 41
Original post by beggersbelief
Your husbands permitted to beat you if you disobey him, I feel sorry for you.

Christians/Jews are not just permitted, but ordered to murder their entire family if they don't believe in God.

Deuteronomy 13:6-11

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Also, if your children are disobedient...

You guessed it, more stoning to death.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Butternuts96
They tell you because it's not allowed at all. Doesn't matter how many reasons you pile up towards its benefit. Touching someone of the opposite gender is forbidden in the faith except in cases of emergency.

I got by in life, in politics and my journey to med school perfectly without ever having to shake a female's hand. Whenever I was in that position, I was able to explain myself and it was always well-recieved :smile: If one REALLY wanted to avoid the sin, one would do avoid it rather than make excuses.

Spoiler

Sorry, but just because you got by without shaking hands in interviews doesn't mean every other Muslim will be as lucky. It's very fortunate that you were spared such an ordeal but that doesn't mean everyone else in the same position will always be as well-received. I've faced such awkwardness so it's just my take on it.

Spoiler

Original post by Mochassassin
Sorry, but just because you got by without shaking hands in interviews doesn't mean every other Muslim will be as lucky. It's very fortunate that you were spared such an ordeal but that doesn't mean everyone else in the same position will always be as well-received. I've faced such awkwardness so it's just my take on it.

Spoiler

Yeah no doubt it can be incredibly daunting and difficult to do it but I myself got used to it. No worries, haha. I just wanted to point out to some of the non muslims here that it ain't a choice for some muslims who wanna avoid that particular sin.

Normally if one muslim says that they do a sin whilst the other says that they don't, the second person is viewed as an extremist. Sad situation we're in these days :frown:

Take care!
Yeah no doubt it can be incredibly daunting and difficult to do it but I myself got used to it. No worries, haha. I just wanted to point out to some of the non muslims here that it ain't a choice for some muslims who wanna avoid that particular sin.

Normally if one muslim says that they do a sin whilst the other says that they don't, the second person is viewed as an extremist. Sad situation we're in these days :frown:

Take care!

Ah, I see. Sorry if I appeared hostile, there are just so many things I can't wrap my head around. I'm pretty disillusioned so don't take my words to heart. :smile:

You take care too! :smile:
Ah, I see. Sorry if I appeared hostile, there are just so many things I can't wrap my head around. I'm pretty disillusioned so don't take my words to heart. :smile:

You take care too! :smile:

It's hard not to see certain posts as hostile given the current islamophobic climate.
How did your parents take it? VM me if you want; I'd love to know your story!
It's hard not to see certain posts as hostile given the current islamophobic climate.
How did your parents take it? VM me if you want; I'd love to know your story!

My parents don't know...yet. I mean, it's gonna come out at some point but yeah.
When there's a story to tell, I'll let you know. :tongue:
Original post by Serine Soul
Does drinking alcohol with your left make it super-haram?

Cut it out 😐

My parents don't know...yet. I mean, it's gonna come out at some point but yeah.When there's a story to tell, I'll let you know.

Do you still say Alhamdurillah/inshallah/W'Salam etc..? And assuming you are staying with your ma and pa, are you expected to fast during Ramadan?
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="TaintedLight;64178665"]

Do you still say Alhamdurillah/inshallah/W'Salam etc..? And assuming you are staying with your ma and pa, are you expected to fast during Ramadan?

Yeah, it's become a habit, to be perfectly honest with you.
And yeah, I fast during Ramadan. I don't really eat much during the day anyway so I can easily just 'break' my fast with them at sunset and whatnot.
Cut it out 😐

Just being cautious next time I'm having a beer, like don't wanna double the haram ygm
Yeah, it's become a habit, to be perfectly honest with you.
And yeah, I fast during Ramadan. I don't really eat much during the day anyway so I can easily just 'break' my fast with them at sunset and whatnot.

so basically an undercover :cool:

I imagine this is going to end up with emotional scars once the truth rears its head 🤔

Original post by Serine Soul
Just being cautious next time I'm having a beer, like don't wanna double the haram ygm

You are not a nice person 😧
Original post by beggersbelief
Islam is just embarrasing and ridiculous, feel sorry for the Muslim women having to do whatever there husbands tell them, and if they don't they go to the 'hellfire'.

Lmao, this.
Don't wanna shake hands cos i dont know where their hands been. Yucky

I imagine this is going to end up with emotional scars once the truth rears its head 🤔

Yep, thanks for the reminder. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest