The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Should I worry? How long did it take for you all (regardless of course)?

I don't know if I'm being a bit hasty as there has been an Easter break, and I know times can be different for different courses and even different people on the same course, but I applied for MA Professional Writing and I really admonished myself afterwards for not showing any of the stuff that I'd brought with me (I wasn't asked about it and didn't think to just suggest showing any of it as I was so nervous and have memory issues).

I was told that I'd hear in about a week and it's been something like four weeks now (though that does include the Easter break so I'm not sure whether any admissions staff were there during that time) and I haven't heard anything.

I've already phoned up a couple of times over those weeks, so I'm wary of looking like I'm trying to pester people. It really is exactly what I want to do though; I write stories in my spare time anyway as I love writing them (another thing I didn't mention!) and the area and pace of life seems perfect for my personality and I loved the campus, and the staff seem so genuinely friendly, so I really want to do this. So now I'm starting to stress and I've been checking my e-mails like mad.

So should I worry - and if so, what do I do about it? As mentioned, I don't want to look like I'm pestering anyone. How long did it take you all to get a decision, regardless of what course you're on and regardless of whether it's undergraduate or postgraduate?
Reply 1
This is mere speculation. However, if the admissions tutor for the course you have applied to is either a researcher and/or professionally active, then they may have taken the entire 3-week Easter break as leave so that they can focus on their respective research/professional responsibilities. They may also be on training courses, or at schools doing outreach events. Students return on 18 April, and so usually do Lecturers as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Oh, I'd thought the Easter break was finished. Thanks for the info :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hello Artists ! :smile:
So I am sending in my application for Illustration: Authorial Practice MA tomorrow, and freaking out about how late it is. Do I still have a good chance even though im applying now? Also - 2000 characters is HOW many words again? ( For the personal statement ).

*Wolfing down a chocolate bar to calm down
Original post by Aliyah506
Hello Artists ! :smile:
So I am sending in my application for Illustration: Authorial Practice MA tomorrow, and freaking out about how late it is. Do I still have a good chance even though im applying now? Also - 2000 characters is HOW many words again? ( For the personal statement ).

*Wolfing down a chocolate bar to calm down

You might be better off making a new thread to ask this. Also, now I want chocolate :smile:

But then I also want other food. I have a never-ending stomach :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest