The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

How is everyone doing?

My monkey has hit the terrible twos early it would seem, full blown tantrums. Am currently 12+3, got scan on thursday and found baby heartbeat with doppler last night :biggrin:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Hi all,

How is everyone doing?

My monkey has hit the terrible twos early it would seem, full blown tantrums. Am currently 12+3, got scan on thursday and found baby heartbeat with doppler last night :biggrin:

We are ok, Isaac has ridiculous tantrums it is exhausting!

Hope scan goes well!
Original post by randdom
We are ok, Isaac has ridiculous tantrums it is exhausting!

Hope scan goes well!

Tantrums definitely are exhausting.

Chelsea-Grace's aren't being helped by the fact she has very very blocked ears at the moment so her speech and understanding is way behind what she knows she can do physically. Plus she is a stubborn madam, think I've met my match on the stubborn stakes :frown:

Thank you :smile:
Hi all, posted here a while ago about hormone imbalance etc. I've been on metformin for a little over six months and last month my period showed up scarily heavy and shockingly finished within 5 days (usually last like 3 weeks). Today is day 14 of my cycle and got signs of ovulation. Is it possible that after 6 months in metformin my cycle regulates without any warning? I'm just a little shock and to be good to be true.
Spending today on a multi-disciplinary obstetric emergency course at my hospital. This could raise some interesting personal/professional conflicts of interest...

Posted from TSR Mobile
36 weeks today!

But possibly developing pre-eclampsia (I blame the two placentas as didn't have it in my first pregnancy) so induction might be bought forward to next week...
I'm still in hiding (a couple of you know who I am!) but am 11/40 (first pregnancy, medic). Off work after being admitted with hyperemesis 2 weeks ago. Still feeling pretty ropey but definitely better than I was.

Have some pre-booked annual leave so decamping to somewhere rural and quiet for a few days! Hopefully will stay hydrated. I have enough drugs to supply a small camp of pregnant women and some O&G friends who live nearby and know the local hospital if things get ropey so that's something.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm still in hiding (a couple of you know who I am!) but am 11/40 (first pregnancy, medic). Off work after being admitted with hyperemesis 2 weeks ago. Still feeling pretty ropey but definitely better than I was.

Have some pre-booked annual leave so decamping to somewhere rural and quiet for a few days! Hopefully will stay hydrated. I have enough drugs to supply a small camp of pregnant women and some O&G friends who live nearby and know the local hospital if things get ropey so that's something.

Hyperemesis is really rubbish. The only way I avoided admission was with IM cyclizine from my GP reasonably regularly. Hope that things improve soon.

36 weeks today!

But possibly developing pre-eclampsia (I blame the two placentas as didn't have it in my first pregnancy) so induction might be bought forward to next week...

Eeep really close now. Hope they are monitoring you closely

Original post by Helenia
Spending today on a multi-disciplinary obstetric emergency course at my hospital. This could raise some interesting personal/professional conflicts of interest...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this the hospital you are going to deliver at? How many weeks are you now? Are you going to find out what you are having?
Original post by randdom

Is this the hospital you are going to deliver at? How many weeks are you now? Are you going to find out what you are having?

Yes, I'm booked in the same place I currently work! I'm 19/40 today, scan is not till the 27th. H wants to find out the sex, I'm still undecided but expect I might spot anyway - they have a nice screen setup with a relay monitor you can watch live, so I'll see whatever they're scanning.
Original post by Helenia
Yes, I'm booked in the same place I currently work! I'm 19/40 today, scan is not till the 27th. H wants to find out the sex, I'm still undecided but expect I might spot anyway - they have a nice screen setup with a relay monitor you can watch live, so I'll see whatever they're scanning.

I had to turn away from the screen when they scanned Isaac!

Glad you're feeling a little better, and I hope that you start to turn the corner in the next few weeks. Enjoy your holiday!

I need to book some kind of summer trip - I have AL booked in July when I'll be ~31/40; we were supposed to be going to Shetland with the in-laws but I wasn't comfortable being so far from a "proper" hospital with obstetricians and a neonatal unit, so I think somewhere on the UK mainland is a more sensible option!
Glad you're feeling a little better, and I hope that you start to turn the corner in the next few weeks. Enjoy your holiday!

I need to book some kind of summer trip - I have AL booked in July when I'll be ~31/40; we were supposed to be going to Shetland with the in-laws but I wasn't comfortable being so far from a "proper" hospital with obstetricians and a neonatal unit, so I think somewhere on the UK mainland is a more sensible option!

Brighton is nice :wink:

This is me, but once again forgot to untick the anon box!
Next question... I'm starting to get hayfever symptoms. Normally I take loratadine and add eye drops + steroid nasal spray when it gets worse. All of the above seem to be reasonably safe in pregnancy but all say "consult your GP before use." Do I really have to? Are they likely to change anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helenia
Next question... I'm starting to get hayfever symptoms. Normally I take loratadine and add eye drops + steroid nasal spray when it gets worse. All of the above seem to be reasonably safe in pregnancy but all say "consult your GP before use." Do I really have to? Are they likely to change anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Steroid spray is fine, I think that loratidine is in the not known to be harmful camp (piriton is more commonly used). Not sure about the eye drops
Original post by Helenia

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might not get worse! Luckily my hayfever has always been much milder when pregnant.

Google GPNotebook Hayfever in pregnancy (can't figure out copying in a link) - I'd go for beclometasone intranasally & sodium cromoglicate eyedrops first line.

Hyperemesis seriously sucks - really hope the meds work for you and it goes away ASAP!

(I was one of those who unfortunately needed meds to control my hyperemesis til delivery so would never wish that on anyone else!!)
It might not get worse! Luckily my hayfever has always been much milder when pregnant.

Google GPNotebook Hayfever in pregnancy (can't figure out copying in a link) - I'd go for beclometasone intranasally & sodium cromoglicate eyedrops first line.

Yeah, my mum said hers was much better in the summers she was pregnant/just gave birth to my sister and me, so fingers crossed it won't be too awful! I've booked an appointment (hurray for online booking!) on Monday just to be a good patient, but am happy to still buy my own meds if needed - rather save the NHS budget for the birth! :wink:
Thanks for the good wishes everyone, really appreciate it.

I'm on high dose prednisolone which is definitely making life bearable but the side effects are something else! Today I can't weight bear because of excruciating knee pain and had to be carried up the stairs! Sitting on the sofa crying in front of my in laws is definitely a new low...
Thanks for the good wishes everyone, really appreciate it.

I'm on high dose prednisolone which is definitely making life bearable but the side effects are something else! Today I can't weight bear because of excruciating knee pain and had to be carried up the stairs! Sitting on the sofa crying in front of my in laws is definitely a new low...

Prednisolone was my saviour too, fortunately I didn't have too many side effects with it but I definitely couldn't manage without it.

Quick Reply

Latest