The Student Room Group

Pokemon sun and moon announced!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
This was yesterday. So where is the video? I want to see a trailer!

No video.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2016/04/pokenchi-shares-no-new-pokemon-sun-moon-gameplay-footage/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a really pitty. I was really waiting for the video the last days before. That is just a disappointment.
Original post by Kallisto
That is a really pitty. I was really waiting for the video the last days before. That is just a disappointment.

I was skeptical towards this, sure it was announced on popular website but, it was the only one so I wasn't expecting anything really.

The game should be released this summer, if I remember correctly, so maybe in one or two months, we will get some new info and perhaps a video itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just recently Magearna was confirmed as Steel/Fairy.

Other than that, nothing new so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can any think how Zygarde's new(ish) forms could be implemented into the games because they don't seem to be in X and Y? Saw some video where Zygarde is based on some creature in Norse (I think) mythology which is the guardian of Earth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vikingninja
Can any think how Zygarde's new(ish) forms could be implemented into the games because they don't seem to be in X and Y? Saw some video where Zygarde is based on some creature in Norse (I think) mythology which is the guardian of Earth.

There's been some speculation that Sun and Moon will be similar to Johto in that you return to a former region after the main game. People have said you will be able to go back to Kalos after the elite four, maybe using the train station thats at Coumarine City which wasn't used for anything in X/Y. Coumarine City is close to Terminus Cave where Zygarde resides so who knows? I am still a bit skeptical though. I think they'll just give out for distribution, along with its new moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Hits
Original post by eternaforest
There's been some speculation that Sun and Moon will be similar to Johto in that you return to a former region after the main game. People have said you will be able to go back to Kalos after the elite four, maybe using the train station thats at Coumarine City which wasn't used for anything in X/Y. Coumarine City is close to Terminus Cave where Zygarde resides so who knows? I am still a bit skeptical though. I think they'll just give out for distribution, along with its new moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Hits

Bloody want returning to other regions because that was sick in HGSS.
Bloody want returning to other regions because that was sick in HGSS.

It's also led some to believe that the Johto starters will get Megas :biggrin: which would be awesome
Original post by eternaforest
It's also led some to believe that the Johto starters will get Megas :biggrin: which would be awesome

Have to say they were the most boring starters. Want gen 4 mega starters.
I want 3 on 3 wifi battles able to use all of your six Pokemon each. Also different types like littlecup rooms for people to battle.

I heard it's based on Hawaii and South Pacific islands so hopefully they will have a dolphin and orca whale Pokemon. I'm predicting there will be coconut crab Pokemon but won't be water type.
Original post by LonelyDemon
I want 3 on 3 wifi battles able to use all of your six Pokemon each. Also different types like littlecup rooms for people to battle.

I heard it's based on Hawaii and South Pacific islands so hopefully they will have a dolphin and orca whale Pokemon. I'm predicting there will be coconut crab Pokemon but won't be water type.

Orca would be OP. Want a fossil based on a dragonfly or sabretooth.
Orca would be OP. Want a fossil based on a dragonfly or sabretooth.

Sabretooth tiger is a good idea. Could do a white tiger if they do a snow route like in 4th gen
Original post by LonelyDemon
Sabretooth tiger is a good idea. Could do a white tiger if they do a snow route like in 4th gen

Some of the ice area/type pokemon and evolutions are my favourite designs.
Orca would be OP.

Someone, above mentioned the game to be fairly similar to Johto. This is most likely the case without having to give out zygarde form (or the item that'll allow it) in an event, however most unlikely as zygarde may have something to do with mega evolution therefore needing to be in the story line. It is speculated that we will have the Kalos area (around where Terminus Cave is) and have the whole Sun and Moon region. I'm pretty sure in the trailer I saw a character that looked like Red. Does this mean we may be able to choose between all the protagonists? Or is this an 'lets go to all regions' game?

We just got to wait. Coro Coro will release something very soon I believe
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fordrin
Someone, above mentioned the game to be fairly similar to Johto. This is most likely the case without having to give out zygarde form (or the item that'll allow it) in an event, however most unlikely as zygarde may have something to do with mega evolution therefore needing to be in the story line. It is speculated that we will have the Kalos area (around where Terminus Cave is) and have the whole Sun and Moon region. I'm pretty sure in the trailer I saw a character that looked like Red. Does this mean we may be able to choose between all the protagonists? Or is this an 'lets go to all regions' game?

We just got to wait. Coro Coro will release something very soon I believe

Inb4 expansion dlc for all regions.
What the flying hell is the legendary for moon supposed to be? Looks like a digimon...
Reply 97
http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/10-May-2016.shtml

So, I'm going for moon and Popplio. What about you guys?
Original post by Malevolent
What the flying hell is the legendary for moon supposed to be? Looks like a digimon...

Looks like a bat. Notice the wings, specifically:
(edited 7 years ago)
Starter pokemon look crap. Legendaries are pretty cool I would say.

Quick Reply