The Student Room Group

Whats the worst experience you've had from a delivery service?

Scroll to see replies

I once bought this gorgeous dress from Amazon for like £70 ish (It was supposed to be my end of school prom dress) and a few weeks later I checked on the website and it said that it had been delivered for and signed, but I certainly didn't have it nor did our neighbours. Thus started a whole spree of messaging to the seller, I checked with the tracking code but all it told me was that it was delivered to my town which was not helpful at all! I was getting really worked up at this point as I had paid a lot of money for the dress! After like a day or so, the seller managed to get a postcode and it turned out to be one of the Tesco Warehouses in the town - which was so random. I then had to get my mum to drive me there, walked around the place for 10 mins trying to find the entrance and when I finally found civilisation it took another 15 mins for them to relocate where they had put the dress. It was so hectic...

Never want to go through that again

Ooo and one time I bought earphones and my dad accidentally found them in the bin when he was clearing out the trash. No message or anything, the delivery guy just chucked the parcel in the bin, I mean, who checks the bins for their parcels??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Regularly (~90% of couriers) leave parcels at the petrol station, approximately 40 minutes walk from here, instead of driving to my home. Often they don't leave any message to say they've done this; the one that always does (Hermes) has the cheek to email saying they've 'left the parcel in our garage'. :indiff:

Once, we got a phone call from a nice person who saw a parcel of ours drop out of the back of the van in front of them. Fortunately, our phone number was on the label. :indiff:

That is just ridiculous, they expect you to drive 40 mins to get a parcel?
Original post by cookiemonster15
I once bought this gorgeous dress from Amazon for like £70 ish (It was supposed to be my end of school prom dress) and a few weeks later I checked on the website and it said that it had been delivered for and signed, but I certainly didn't have it nor did our neighbours. Thus started a whole spree of messaging to the seller, I checked with the tracking code but all it told me was that it was delivered to my town which was not helpful at all! I was getting really worked up at this point as I had paid a lot of money for the dress! After like a day or so, the seller managed to get a postcode and it turned out to be one of the Tesco Warehouses in the town - which was so random. I then had to get my mum to drive me there, walked around the place for 10 mins trying to find the entrance and when I finally found civilisation it took another 15 mins for them to relocate where they had put the dress. It was so hectic...

Never want to go through that again

Ooo and one time I bought earphones and my dad accidentally found them in the bin when he was clearing out the trash. No message or anything, the delivery guy just chucked the parcel in the bin, I mean, who checks the bins for their parcels??

Bins are couriers safe places apparently.
When bossman didn't bring the ketchup smh
Sent his delivery boy back, idgaf.
Original post by claireestelle
That is just ridiculous, they expect you to drive 40 mins to get a parcel?

40 minutes walk. One way. I can't drive. :no:
40 minutes walk. One way. I can't drive. :no:

Have you ever been able to get a refund?
Have you ever been able to get a refund?

I've never tried, actually. There's something to consider in the future. :hmmmm2:
I've never tried, actually. There's something to consider in the future. :hmmmm2:

Some companies would offer compensation for better service that that, it's worth trying :smile:
Postman put a parcel (which was a game) through the kitchen window. Where there was a sink full of water below.
Instead of leaving it with a neighbour, they post a note through the door to say it's gone back to the depot. I live in a flat and there's two flats above me.
A few weeks ago my Asos package went missing. I got a Hermes text saying it had been successfully delivered (it hadn't, and wasn't with any neighbours) and when I contacted Asos, who were very helpful, they showed me a picture of 'my' signature, which the driver must have faked. They opened an investigation and the driver said that they couldn't remember making the delivery, so Asos re-sent the stuff which I received. Then a few days ago, the original package suddenly appeared on the doorstep, looking dishevelled. :K:
I ordered a telly off tesco direct. Yodel picked it up, then delivered it to another tesco rather than me. The courier pulled up outside my house, went in the back of his van, rummaged around for five mins, got out looking puzzled, got in his van and drove off. The online tracker said he tried to knock our door but we weren't in. I'd been sat watching him through our window, he didn't even approach my house. My telly finally turned up a week late. Excellent next day delivery there tesco.
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
Postman put a parcel (which was a game) through the kitchen window. Where there was a sink full of water below.

That is the only bad thing I ve ever heard a postman do :tongue:
Original post by Tiger Rag
Instead of leaving it with a neighbour, they post a note through the door to say it's gone back to the depot. I live in a flat and there's two flats above me.

Maybe you found a courier that actually doesn't give to neighbours, normally I ve had them try and give it to anybody rather than try and redeliver.
Original post by auroraborealice
A few weeks ago my Asos package went missing. I got a Hermes text saying it had been successfully delivered (it hadn't, and wasn't with any neighbours) and when I contacted Asos, who were very helpful, they showed me a picture of 'my' signature, which the driver must have faked. They opened an investigation and the driver said that they couldn't remember making the delivery, so Asos re-sent the stuff which I received. Then a few days ago, the original package suddenly appeared on the doorstep, looking dishevelled. :K:

Yeah if you google them Hermes has the worst reviews ever, they lost my parcel last week at the central hub apparently that happens to losts of customers. I should have been suspicious when the courier was a taxi driver :tongue:
Reply 35
I once had a family member (who apparently didn't believe in bank transfers) post £250 to me in one of those bubble wrap envelopes. The envelope never came, and still to this day has never arrived, and when we contacted Royal Mail they said that they posted it, but they couldn't ask the guy who allegedly delivered it because he was on temporary staff and left immediately (£250 richer:colonhash:) But our normal postman and that is really good and my step dad is a postman and knows everyone so if I ever miss a package I just text him :biggrin:

More recently my sister ordered something from a shop online and I was the only one in that day so she told me to keep an eye out as it was due to arrive between 11 and 12. So I did, I peaked out of the living room window any time I heard a vehicle, but by 2pm there was still nothing. The only van I saw all day was one which delivered packages to two of my neighbours.
The company, UKMail, then text my sister saying that there's an unexpected delay. About an hour later she gets an email saying that the package had successfully been delivered at 11:10. No note had been posted through the door or anything so my sister rings them up who say they are investigating.

It gets to about 7pm and one of my neighbours knocks on my door and says that they took in a parcel for me today, as the guy said I wasn't in. :colonhash:

This was the same company that left an open package of clothes in a neighbour's wheelie bin which was filled with bin juice and yet again left no note. :angry:
So far we've had, my boyfriends signature being faked today and our parcel being left somewhere where all of our 150+ neighbors have access to, one lost a parcel on a 25 mile journey and having a parcel given to people in the penthouses when i m stupidly scared of heights so freaked out having to go up there.

What have you experienced with deliveries?

Bought a £300 suit and had clear instructions to give it to next door if we were not in. Our neighbours were in all day, the delivery guy couldn't be bothered to give it to next door so got completely soaked by the rain.

A very strong worded email was then sent to the delivery company, they never replied back though...
About 3 weeks ago i ordered a new laptop off amazon £329 , something new for my revision :u:. It only got delivered to another address, then it came up saying delivered, sent a letter of complaint, practically got called a liar and I'm still waiting for my laptop, apparently my complaint is being reviewed. Lmfao :biggrin:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah if you google them Hermes has the worst reviews ever, they lost my parcel last week at the central hub apparently that happens to losts of customers. I should have been suspicious when the courier was a taxi driver :tongue:

Hahah oh dear. The driver actually spelt my name wrong for the faked signature :rolleyes:
Original post by jamestg
Bought a £300 suit and had clear instructions to give it to next door if we were not in. Our neighbours were in all day, the delivery guy couldn't be bothered to give it to next door so got completely soaked by the rain.

A very strong worded email was then sent to the delivery company, they never replied back though...

That is just awful. Did you post a complaint on social media? It's useless for Hermes but gets something out of other delivery companies.

Quick Reply

Latest