The Student Room Group

Stand out from the crowd- vlog for TSR

You may have seen the lovely Manisha's vlogs on studying and revision, which are proving quite popular!

Fancy documenting your own journey? We're looking for two more year 12 or 13 students to join our YouTube channel. You have to be up for creating one video a week on your journey to university.

It's a great chance to work with us, get something on your CV and more (secret super special perks :biggrin:).

If you're interested, reply to this thread with why you should be one of our vloggers and, if you have one, a link to one of your videos
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Aww I'd so do this, but I'm not in year 12 or 13 :frown:
I've just had to bin some posts, please can we ensure that we keep it on topic regarding potential vlogs :smile:
:redface:
Bump--no one wants super secret special perks :shock:?!

Original post by Professor Oak

What sort of people are you looking for? :smile:

What sort of equipment will they have to have?

Will any support be given?
Reply 6
Why only Y12 and 13?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

What sort of people are you looking for? :smile:

What sort of equipment will they have to have?

Will any support be given?

Anyone! As long as they are fairly enthusiastic and want to share their journey then that works fore me. In terms of equipment just a basic camera is fine. I don't think Manisha uses a super fancy camera or anything.

Support wise we can chat through ideas for the video each week and feedback from the community. I'm no master video editer so probably can't help much in that area
Original post by Arkasia
Why only Y12 and 13?

Year 12 and 13 because I think a lot of people will want to watch the journey through applying to university.

I'm flexible though, if there's any year 11s or uni students out there that are dead keen on vlogging it'd be great to have you on board too
Reply 9
Year 12 and 13 because I think a lot of people will want to watch the journey through applying to university.

I'm flexible though, if there's any year 11s or uni students out there that are dead keen on vlogging it'd be great to have you on board too

Not so much blogging, but how about a sweet MW2 montage? I think there might be a market out there for people who want to learn some dank trickshots.

I think most people are concerned about their privacy.

But this is a great opportunity for those who are open to these types of experiences. :closedeyes:
I would like to, but I'm in year 11 :getmecoat:
Original post by undercxver
I think most people are concerned about their privacy.

But this is a great opportunity for those who are open to these types of experiences. :closedeyes:

I would do it but it's how to do it - that's the problem. Thinking of ideas and how to address people.
What do you want to see in a potential candidate/vlogger?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

I think your journey about getting into Cambridge university would be popular?
Original post by homeland.lsw
I would like to, but I'm in year 11 :getmecoat:

I'm sure loads of people would be interested in a GCSE vlog :smile:. Are you interested in giving it a shot?
Original post by Black Rose
I think your journey about getting into Cambridge university would be popular?

Yeah that would be awesome to hear about, plus what life is like an uni
Original post by aamirac
What do you want to see in a potential candidate/vlogger?

Someone who is enthusiastic, is happy to talk about their life and who enjoys making vlogs. That's it!

Are you interested?
Do you get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Do you get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main point of this is to help someone grow their audience/channel on YouTube rather than to give them sweet yankee dollar$

However there is an added incentive, yes

Quick Reply

Latest