The Student Room Group

Whats the worst experience you've had from a delivery service?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bruce267099
About 3 weeks ago i ordered a new laptop of amazon £329 , something new for my revision :u:. It only got delivered to another address, then it came up saying delivered, sent a letter of complaint, practically got called a liar and I'm still waiting for my laptop, apparently my complaint is being reviewed. Lmfao :biggrin:.

Amazon logistics are the ones who forged my boyfriends signature:tongue:. Did you try their customer service chat? I gave them hell on there earlier.
Original post by auroraborealice
Hahah oh dear. The driver actually spelt my name wrong for the faked signature :rolleyes:

That doesn't suprise me
Original post by claireestelle
That is just awful. Did you post a complaint on social media? It's useless for Hermes but gets something out of other delivery companies.

Was ignored on social media as well :frown:

And it was hermes, just the name makes me shiver...
Amazon logistics are the ones who forged my boyfriends signature:tongue:. Did you try their customer service chat? I gave them hell on there earlier.

Ahahaha yeah i tried they're absolutely useless, they seem to think i will be satisfied with a £5 gift voucher. I just want my bloody laptop lol. :^_^:
I recently (as in a few weeks ago, this is still going on now urgh) ordered something off eBay to go to my mum's work address by Royal Mail signed for. A couple of weeks later and it doesn't turn up, I contact the seller for tracking details and find that it had already been delivered and signed for by someone with an R in their name (it was pretty illegible). My mum and her colleagues spoke to the postman and he said that there was a parcel sent on that day to the neighbors - one who is called R. (Last name here). Working at a pharmacy, my mum sees the guy getting his prescription and asks him about it, though he denies it. Luckily, she needs his signature for something and it seems to match the one from the delivery. Now the postman has spoken to the guy about this, showing the signature as proof but the guy still isn't giving it up - idk how or why this is still going on!! I'm so annoyed, it was just a stupid dress so it's so weird how they aren't giving it back.
Ahahaha yeah i tried there absolutely useless, they seem to think i will be satisfied with a £5 gift voucher. I just want my bloody laptop lol. :^_^:

I spent 15 minutes telling them I would never trust them again and no voucher :frown: what happened to good customer service ey
leaving a £100 set of diamond scales left in a bush in the rain and to get them repaired before i got to use them
I spent 15 minutes telling them I would never trust them again and no voucher :frown: what happened to good customer service ey

I hate amazon sometimes, but then when they used royal mail it was even worse. Just keep complaining and threaten to speak to someone higher about it, they'll give you compensation sooner or later lol.
I hate amazon sometimes, but then when they used royal mail it was even worse. Just keep complaining and threaten to speak to someone higher about it, they'll give you compensation sooner or later lol.

Our postman has never let me down so in future I m always going to ask they send stuff that way.
Our postman has never let me down so in future I m always going to ask they send stuff that way.

Same here, it's usually just the vans that screw everything up.
Reply 50
Royal Mail is very fine.
UPS and Fedex are ok, but only if you can be there all day, otherwise you must go to the depot, which is usually in some industrial estate with very limited bus access. The good point is that they are extremely fast

Hermes must be fled like the plague. Do NOT order anything delivered by them, or even by the three other services listed above.
Original post by Josb
Royal Mail is very fine.
UPS and Fedex are ok, but only if you can be there all day, otherwise you must go to the depot, which is usually in some industrial estate with very limited bus access. The good point is that they are extremely fast

Hermes must be fled like the plague. Do NOT order anything delivered by them, or even by the three other services listed above.

I hate that online companies don't publish that they use hermes but will be cancelling any orders when i find out they do in future.
Reply 52
I hate that online companies don't publish that they use hermes but will be cancelling any orders when i find out they do in future.

True, but you can ask them when they don't tell.
Original post by Josb
True, but you can ask them when they don't tell.

Good point, i think i ll do that from now on :smile:
I ordered a couple of dresses from boohoo and they use Hermes, I'd ordered it Saturday for next day delivery and the guy who brought it was very rude and was loudly complaining we made him deliver on a Sunday. I'm glad we were in or else I have no idea what he would've done with my package :curious::curious:
Original post by jamestg
Was ignored on social media as well :frown:

And it was hermes, just the name makes me shiver...

Oh i see, yeah their facebook is full on unanswered complaints, i dont know how they are still in business.
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I ordered a couple of dresses from boohoo and they use Hermes, I'd ordered it Saturday for next day delivery and the guy who brought it was very rude and was loudly complaining we made him deliver on a Sunday. I'm glad we were in or else I have no idea what he would've done with my package :curious::curious:

Yeah the times a parcel from hermes have made it to us they are never happy.
There's this one delivery guy in my town who always makes you come to his house to pick up your packages instead of dropping them off for you :lol:
Original post by Christie_xx
There's this one delivery guy in my town who always makes you come to his house to pick up your packages instead of dropping them off for you :lol:

How have they not been sacked?
Reply 59
every month we order 240kg of meat.

i live on the top of the hill.

not only did the courier come at 10pm, he also didn't carry ANYTHING up the hill (like even offer to help :colonhash:) and i had to carry 240kg up the massive ****ing hill to my house. when i complained, the company said it was because he was behind on his delivery schedule cause he overslept and he will be disciplined accordingly and never be put on my route again. guess who delivered it all next time under the same circumstances :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest