The Student Room Group

English Festival - Short Story Competition Directory!

:awesome: Check out the Short Story Competition over here to enter and discuss :awesome:

:parrot: Aaaaaaaand the winners are.... :parrot:

We've picked the three winners for the Short Story Competition!

:king1: The winner of the best story is @Axel Johann with My Last Day In Warsaw :king1:

:star: The winner of the most original story is @etherealinsanity with Writer's Wheel :star:

:surprise:And the winner picked at random is @Changing Skies with Loneliness Requires Persistence :surprise:

Well done everyone who entered the competition - we loved reading all your stories and hopefully we can run another competition soon :biggrin:

Make sure you check out all of the talented writers of TSR and their stories - we'll keep updating this list as the entries come in!

Do it Right - Blinded by the Light
apronedsamurai - Fool's gold
tamanna__ - Killer scorned
saadaelmi - Cold Witness
z33 - Goodbye, Dad
becomehermione - Theirs
MezzaTheMezz - Days
Charlotte.13 - A daydream
IFoundWonderland - Staring at my ceiling
homeland.lsw - The train
Ishea16 - Summer memories
iliacl - Solstice
Anon_98 - The Senile Room
_Hafsa - Taste of War
Changing Skies - Loneliness requires persistence
LostInPanda - Don't give me the knife!
chazwomaq - The Prisoner
LiesofTruth - Please, please God
TobyReichelt - Faded
Dominic Green - Five Weeks
Oli-Ol - Opening Night
scrawlx101 - The Biggest Gladiator Match Of All Time: Man vs Monster
the bear - Rahat Loukoum
Ainsley Harriott - Stalking Rosie
Roses147 - My Mummy
SeanFM - A howler
Axel Johann - My last day in Warsaw
TheGreatPumpkin - The man
etherealinsanity - Writer's Wheel
Elizzey - The Voice Within
Marlo187 - Psychological hell
Oblivion99 - The inevitable melancholy
Dohaeris - Devils wear masks
Yendis - Behind a screen
ZiggyStarDust_ - A joke gone too far
Edminzodo - Learning From History
Marimo_chan - Away With The Faeries
StormWIndz - Crazy Little Thing Called "5S2"

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do we enter our stories??
Original post by Elizzey
How do we enter our stories??

Click the link to the competition thread on the OP, all of the instructions are there :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Gingerbread101
Click the link to the competition thread on the OP, all of the instructions are there :smile:

Thank You :smile:
Check back after 22nd April, where you can vote for your favourite stories before the top ones go to our judging panel!

With the voting thing...

Most people will just read the ones of the most commonly known TSRians or their friend and vote for them. Leaving all the lesser known guys out. Especially with exam time, people won't be able to read EVERYONE's story.
Original post by Axel Johann
With the voting thing...

Most people will just read the ones of the most commonly known TSRians or their friend and vote for them. Leaving all the lesser known guys out. Especially with exam time, people won't be able to read EVERYONE's story.

We've been finding that all of the stories have been getting views, and we aren't doing our voting based on the rep the stories get due to favouritism :smile:
No voting is completely perfect but it's the best we can do
When are we getting to know who wins? :biggrin:
Original post by tamanna___

We're about to open voting, then there will be a week for everyone to vote :h:

can we vote yet ? :holmes:
Original post by the bear

CT are sorting out the poll and voting tomorrow when they're in the office :smile: we thought it would be best to have a round week for voting too :tongue:
Original post by tamanna___

Original post by the bear

Poll is up everyone! Had to do it on Survey Monkey because there were too many options for the TSR poll :parrot: happy voting everyone! Click here to vote
Reply 11
We've been finding that all of the stories have been getting views, and we aren't doing our voting based on the rep the stories get due to favouritism :smile:
No voting is completely perfect but it's the best we can do

AHHHHHH I reallylyyy wanted to ente but I have no time cause of GCSE'S :frown: Could youuuu....do another one in the summer? :biggrin:
Original post by F.SA
AHHHHHH I reallylyyy wanted to ente but I have no time cause of GCSE'S :frown: Could youuuu....do another one in the summer? :biggrin:

I'm glad it's had so much interest, I'm sure we'll have something on in the summer! :awesome:
I'm glad it's had so much interest, I'm sure we'll have something on in the summer! :awesome:

:woo:

Sweet! :colondollar: :colondollar:
Reply 14
*2 weeks later*

Yeh no take your time it's not like anyones acc waiting to see who won or whatever ppfffftttt
#brokenPromises :lol: :colonhash: @Gingerbread101

If ur gonna run a competition... u gotta do it properly jus sayin xDD
Original post by z33
*2 weeks later*

Yeh no take your time it's not like anyones acc waiting to see who won or whatever ppfffftttt

The voting stage has only just closed, and we're now reading and judging all of the shortlisted entries. We have a panel of judges and are currently in the middle of coming to our final decision, there are lots of things going on behind the scenes at TSR at the minute too :tongue:
Original post by z33
*2 weeks later*

#goodthingscometothosewhowait

:yep:
Hi everyone! The winners have now been announced in the first post. Well done to the winners @Axel Johann, @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies! We'll be in touch about your prizes :biggrin:

It was so great to see all the literary talent in the TSR community, and we had such a blast reading all the entries. Look out for another competition soon :tongue:
:king1: The winner of the best story is @Axel Johann with My Last Day In Warsaw :king1:
OMG I WON! :woo: :woo: :gah: :teeth:
:excited: :excited: I'M SO HAPPY HAHA :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

First off a HUGE thank you for @TheOtherSide., if she didn't tag all those people, my story would never have gotten the popularity that it did. So I am so very grateful to you @TheOtherSide. and I wish you the best in your exams :ahee:.

Thank you also to @Ethereal World for tagging me in the first place :smile: (who also ninja'd my man @Hydeman).

A HUGE thanks also to everyone who voted for my story, repped and complimented me on it, YOU GUYS ARE THE BESSST!! <3 <3 Seriously, I love all you guys that are tagged. :biggrin: :biggrin: :teeth:

Thank you so much @Gingerbread101 and to all the judges for picking my story to be the winner. I would love to speak to you guys to find out what your favourite part was. :smile:

Congratulations to @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies for winning the other prizes. :smile:

:king1::king1::king1::king1::king1::king1::king1:

Original post by Fox Corner
Hi everyone! The winners have now been announced in the first post. Well done to the winners @Axel Johann, @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies! We'll be in touch about your prizes :biggrin:

It was so great to see all the literary talent in the TSR community, and we had such a blast reading all the entries. Look out for another competition soon :tongue:

Thank you so much and I'll be looking forward to the next competition! :excited:

Edit:
=====

Tags

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Axel Johann
X

Well done on winning! :woo: :woo: :hugs:

Spoiler

And thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending