The Student Room Group

Lost motivation

Hey guys,

I was so motivated in the beginning of the year and now i feel like i'm loosing it all, i mean i still want to do good but i just feel very unmotivated to do anything. Does anybody feel like this. Advice would be great!

Thanks =)
Original post by 11lmizo
Hey guys,

I was so motivated in the beginning of the year and now i feel like i'm loosing it all, i mean i still want to do good but i just feel very unmotivated to do anything. Does anybody feel like this. Advice would be great!

Thanks =)

Ease yourself back into work, do short productive bursts of it :smile:
Don't look at the bigger picture of how much work you've got to do, divide it into smaller sections and revise in small amounts. Short, effective bursts.

For motivation, just think about how you'll feel once all the work has been done, how much rest you can have and how you can enjoy it and do whatever you want. And also, don't do the whole 'ill do this tomorrow ' that just makes motivation worse. Sometimes you've just got to do it. Once you've done it once, generally it gets easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It happens to everyone, don't worry.
At the begining of the year I was focused on revising too, I literrally didn't watch YT vids for a month.
Today: I just wasted 7 hours procastinating which i could have spent revising :frown:.
But right now im going to try and get some biology and possibly spanish/maths revison done (even if its a tiny bit)

Just stay positive, think about the hard work you put into your gcse's this year, don't let a bit of demotivation affect the grades that you want/dream of getting.

Think of your revision almost like burining fossil fuels. If you burn it for a long period of time + at a strong heat you will waste all of its energy (motivation). Lol that sounded stupid = just made it from the top of my head but what im trying to say is that you should revise in small chunks so you dont burn out (waste your energy) + get sick and tired of revising.

Also try not to compare the amount of revision you do with others because its most likely that your are revising more effeciently than others + it wont demotivate you much. + people revise in different ways...

Hope this motivates you to try and do some revision, even if its like 1/2 pages worth..
Literally just sit at your desk and study. Getting started is sometimes the hardest part because it requires willpower but once you've overcome that it's a all bit easier.

Good luck with your exams and studying :h:
Original post by claireestelle

Thank you so much!!
Original post by CaitlinN15
Don't look at the bigger picture of how much work you've got to do, divide it into smaller sections and revise in small amounts. Short, effective bursts.

For motivation, just think about how you'll feel once all the work has been done, how much rest you can have and how you can enjoy it and do whatever you want. And also, don't do the whole 'ill do this tomorrow ' that just makes motivation worse. Sometimes you've just got to do it. Once you've done it once, generally it gets easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank
Yki for your advice,appercaiate it.
Original post by claireestelle

that one
Original post by shohaib712
It happens to everyone, don't worry.
At the begining of the year I was focused on revising too, I literrally didn't watch YT vids for a month.
Today: I just wasted 7 hours procastinating which i could have spent revising :frown:.
But right now im going to try and get some biology and possibly spanish/maths revison done (even if its a tiny bit)

Just stay positive, think about the hard work you put into your gcse's this year, don't let a bit of demotivation affect the grades that you want/dream of getting.

Think of your revision almost like burining fossil fuels. If you burn it for a long period of time + at a strong heat you will waste all of its energy (motivation). Lol that sounded stupid = just made it from the top of my head but what im trying to say is that you should revise in small chunks so you dont burn out (waste your energy) + get sick and tired of revising.

Also try not to compare the amount of revision you do with others because its most likely that your are revising more effeciently than others + it wont demotivate you much. + people revise in different ways...

Hope this motivates you to try and do some revision, even if its like 1/2 pages worth..

Omg to be honest I don't know what to say, thank you so much for all of the things you have said and thanks for making me feel better. And what you said is so true, loved the example btw lol. Again thank you so much for your brilliant advice and wish you the best of luck for all of your exams.
Original post by Christie_xx
Literally just sit at your desk and study. Getting started is sometimes the hardest part because it requires willpower but once you've overcome that it's a all bit easier.

Good luck with your exams and studying :h:

That is pretty true, thanks for your help. And thank you best of luck for your exams as well.
I have felt less motivated the whole Easter break. I know how you feel. Tbh when you start thinking about why you're doing all this and think about your future ambitions it kind of motivates you a bit more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Halzy1234
I have felt less motivated the whole Easter break. I know how you feel. Tbh when you start thinking about why you're doing all this and think about your future ambitions it kind of motivates you a bit more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah very true.

Quick Reply

Latest