The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Offer.......there must be some kind of mistake
Reply 321
For anyone who has had offers have any of them been sent in the past hour? I've heard nothing and want to know whether to leave my emails for the weekend!!
Email received at 5:06pm
Reply 323
Original post by hbg
Sorry to hear that too, but with your positive attitude and your greater experience under the belt, I'm sure you'll come back even stronger next year.

Just out of curiosity, what was your GAMSAT score? Maybe the response was delayed because your interview band was fine but score a little lower than the others in the same band.

It is as it is really, you can only try your best and even then you can still fail...its life! You're exactly right I know how to play the GEM game and hopefully can do better next time, it is very disheartening but a lot of suitable applicants will get rejected as its so competitive. I got a GAMSAT of 61.
Reply 324
Doesnt feel blooming real! When was the offer say? I have a feeling it was next week, i have so much work to do argh!
Congratulations to all those with offers! Out of interest, how many Notts offer-holders also received offers from Swansea and will be declining the Swansea offer to come here?
Reply 326
Original post by Madahe
Doesnt feel blooming real! When was the offer say? I have a feeling it was next week, i have so much work to do argh!

If it's the one we've been told about (and I assume it is) it's next Saturday 23rd :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327
Hi guys, having gotten through this gruelling procedure, I thought I'd put my thoughts forward whilst they're still fresh. I hope they're of some benefit.

For those who've received the upsetting news of a rejection, I am so sorry to hear it and can appreciate how hard it can be after investing so much into the process only to be let down at the end. But I think there is a strong case to be heard for maintaining a confident and perseverant attitude. Last year I had six job interviews and was unsuccessful on five before I finally got through and got the one that trumped the rest. My confidence was shot to pieces and I had to gather what was left of it to give one final push- and I got in. With the GAMSAT too, I had 4 attempts before I reached the cut-off (64/65 - I have a 2.ii). Whilst waiting for the interview to start, I had a chance to meet the candidates and couldn't help but be impressed by their academic backgrounds, work experience and confidence. The interview procedure itself was challenging, and demanded much from the interviewee. Retrospectively, If I had it a week prior when I was still fighting the flu, I'm sure the outcome could have been different.

So what do I mean to say in a nutshell? Keep your head up and keep trying to improve. Just as you did for your GAMSAT, look for areas of interview improvement. Do you need better work experience? Could it be another area that let you down? Although the chasm between an offer and rejection feels so wide, the difference between the candidates really isn't. The interviewers must have an objective way of measuring your interview performance, otherwise it wouldn't be fair. Ask yourself what they could be and where you could improve upon them.

For everyone on the waiting list, I hope you do get in. Don't lose hope, Mr Men is proof of that!
Anyone aware of an offers holder open day for the GEM course?
Reply 329
Original post by razanaqvi41
Anyone aware of an offers holder open day for the GEM course?

I don't know whether it's the offers open day or a normal GEM open day but there is one at the med school next Saturday 23rd. It will be on your letters that you should receive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Men
I don't know whether it's the offers open day or a normal GEM open day but there is one at the med school next Saturday 23rd. It will be on your letters that you should receive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It must be for offer holders. I'm applying for 2017 entry this year and I'm going to a GEM open day at the Derby site but it's on May 7th. I was only talking to admissions about it the other day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 331
Has anyone received their letter this morning?
Original post by MAM_GA

Have you?... I am not at home. I called them and found out, they are sending out track notifications today. I just want official notification, so that it feels more concrete.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MAM_GA

I didn't see it when I left home earlier this morning
Reply 334
Original post by esthersparklebut
Have you?... I am not at home. I called them and found out, they are sending out track notifications today. I just want official notification, so that it feels more concrete.

No mine hasn't arrived yet either - my post usually arrives in the afternoon though... Good to know about the UCAS notification, I was feeling the same! I also want to know what time the offer holders day starts and ends so I can plan my travel arrangements...
Are there people out there who also haven't heard yet? Like, at all?
Original post by Ethereal Consort
Are there people out there who also haven't heard yet? Like, at all?

Yep.
Reply 337
Had my ucas updated! That makes this all abit more believable! But no letter yet either.
Wait so if we haven't found out yet, I'm guessing a track notification would be bad news?
Reply 339
Original post by Kate231
Had my ucas updated! That makes this all abit more believable! But no letter yet either.

Mine too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending