The Student Room Group

Star Plus??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemadhatter
well this wasnt on starplus, it was another indian drama and i dont normally watch indian dramas but my mother watches a lot of them with subtitles ofc and there was one that I found pretty entertaining i think it was called uttaran??

it annoys me how SLOW it takes for them to drag out things, and how dramatic they make the smallest things but the plot for uttaran made me want to continue watching it. Like it takes like 3 weeks for one day to happen if that even makes sense. Its so annoying!!!

Like so there is this one girl A (icha) and another girl B (tapasa) who are best friends and girl A falls in love with a guy and then girl B realizes that guy has money etc and so wants to steal that guy off girl A. Girl A treats girl B as a sister as they live together and girl A's mother is the maid of girl B's parents. Anyway girl B threatens to kill herself if girl A doesnt give up her husband so in distress she agrees thinking girl B is actually in love with her husband. The grandma of girl B kinda planned this out and hates girl A. So they somehow get girl B to dress up like girl A (during the wedding) and so girl B is wearing this veil and the husband still doesnt know that girl A isnt underneath there. The mother in law has found out but she hated girl A anyway. I doubt they'll show the husbands reaction for another week :frown: and this whole wedding thing has been dragged out for like 2 weeks already. Its like 10 episodes PER day. A day in the actual drama I mean.

Okay that was more of a rant than anything.

Nah it wasn't Star Plus - I think it was Colors or something, but yeah the amount that a story would progress during one episode of a Western TV soap would take the Indian TV series like a month.

Not to mention those OTT camera angles and the zooming in on everyone's reaction if the bahu (daughter-in-law) so much as drops a glass on the floor.
Original post by nucdev
Nah it wasn't Star Plus - I think it was Colors or something, but yeah the amount that a story would progress during one episode of a Western TV soap would take the Indian TV series like a month.

Not to mention those OTT camera angles and the zooming in on everyone's reaction if the bahu (daughter-in-law) so much as drops a glass on the floor.

IKR!!

and omg how it takes like 10 minutes for someone to fall down the stairs, its so ridiculous xD I remember once seeing this scene of another programme where this pregnant lady gets shot and it took like legit 15 minutes for it to play out. Like first the shot was fired then every bodies face was zoomed in then the girl realizes shes been shot and her reaction is filmed for like 2 minutes then she FINALLY falls down in slow motion.
Original post by bluemadhatter
IKR!!

and omg how it takes like 10 minutes for someone to fall down the stairs, its so ridiculous xD I remember once seeing this scene of another programme where this pregnant lady gets shot and it took like legit 15 minutes for it to play out. Like first the shot was fired then every bodies face was zoomed in then the girl realizes shes been shot and her reaction is filmed for like 2 minutes then she FINALLY falls down in slow motion.

Aah well, we're not the only ones who find it funny and also frustrating.
If you watch some of the award functions for Indian TV soaps, they often take the piss out of themselves and their programmes on this very issue.
[video]https://youtu.be/xFdiyF6zZBs?t=11m1s[/video]They always go overboard with the close ups and sound effects
The best one has to be 'Iss pyar ko kya naam doon'. :love:
It was the only one worth watching! After it finished I stopped watching star plus.
anyone knows about Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon ek jashan? Its about Arnav and Khushi
Reply 266
Well, I'm surprised as to how far the chat has gone lol! But I've kinda given up on Star Plus now, it's in serious decline atm, especially Mohabatein, how the hell can Raman and Ishita be separated, they're the main characters for crying out loud!! Another thing that baffled me was how on earth did Sarika get back into the house despite trying to kill them?
Reply 267
It just doesn't make logical sense anymore....
Original post by Shafy97
It just doesn't make logical sense anymore....

I agree! And the storyline now! What is going on?! I used to really like this show, but now I am just really confused. Why can't Ruhi, Raman and Ishita unite, and live happily ?!The struggle!!! *dramatic music*
Do you watch any other shows?
Tamana is the only good one atm for me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 269
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
I agree! And the storyline now! What is going on?! I used to really like this show, but now I am just really confused. Why can Ruhi, Raman and Ishita unite, and live happily. The struggle!!! *dramatic music*
Do you watch any other shows?

Yeah exactly, looks like Ekta Kapoor is destroying her own story by killing off the relationships. Oh and do you mean other shows as in not Star Plus ones?
Original post by Shafy97
Yeah exactly, looks like Ekta Kapoor is destroying her own story by killing off the relationships. Oh and do you mean other shows as in not Star Plus ones?

Ikr! Whenever there is a leap in her shows, it goes all downhill!
I meant star plus, but what other show do you watch? :smile:
Reply 271
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
Ikr! Whenever there is a leap in her shows, it goes all downhill!
I meant star plus, but what other show do you watch? :smile:

Oh right, well since that happened in Mohabatein, I don't really watch any Star Plus shows properly apart from Tamana(the cricket one) and Mere Agne Mein. I only watch them cos my mum watches them lol! But in terms of other shows, I watch Inbetweeners, Hell's Kitchen, Match of the Day. Take me Out, Drake and Josh, Bad Education, Russell Howard's Good News and Family Guy/Simpsons.
Original post by Shafy97
Oh right, well since that happened in Mohabatein, I don't really watch any Star Plus shows properly apart from Tamana(the cricket one) and Mere Agne Mein. I only watch them cos my mum watches them lol! But in terms of other shows, I watch Inbetweeners, Hell's Kitchen, Match of the Day. Take me Out, Drake and Josh, Bad Education, Russell Howard's Good News and Family Guy/Simpsons.

I like Tamana, even though I am not a big sport fan! Same I have to watch quite a lot of star plus and colors as my parents and grandma watch them! Mere angne mein is pretty bad but pretty funny as well if you know what I mean. I had to go through the pain of watching Silsila pyar Ka, it was so awful I just wanted to punch the screen lol!

I love Drake and Josh and the inbetweeners. And Russell Howard's good news is so good! However I can never watch the latter 2 with my family, it would be so awkward lol! Other shows I watch are limitless and Quantico and the Big Bang theory and how I met your mother.
How does this thread even have 273 replies. I'm surprised
Reply 274
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
How does this thread even have 273 replies. I'm surprised

There are never too many things you can talk about regarding Star Plus, especially if you're in Asian family who watch it everyday
I also prefer watching HumTV or GEO on 844 and 807!
Much better refreshing entertainment in my opinion and soooo realistic!
I didn't think a cursory search for Star Plus would bring up anything substantial but it has!

Anyway, I only watch one drama regularly and that's Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. I wouldn't even say I watch invest in that intensely, primarily to laugh at the inconsistencies in storylines, bad acting, and anything else I spot!

Another drama to watch for me is on Rishtey, Thapki Pyar Ki for the same reasons as above - one thing I have noticed in the dramas is the unnecessary nature to go fast-forward 7/8 years for story development when most of the time it's not needed.
Reply 277
Man, Yeh Hai Mohabbatien's gone down the *****er since they introduced the time gap, with the new actors. I preferred it when Ruhi was younger and the plot actually made sense unlike now. But tbh though, Star Plus has been going in decline for quite a while now, nothing like the golden generation in the last decade where Dramas lasted for a couple of years. Nowadays they only last for a few months before another one pops up. I'm still surprised that Saathiya, the crappiest one on Star Plus is still there LMAO!!! Just goes to show the overall lack of quality in the dramas these days. In this decade though, bear in mind there have been a few brilliant shows, those were Pratigya, Maryada, Ek Hasina Thi, Kaali, Saraswatichandra and Haar yug ek main aaega arjun. Those were the days....
YHM has been going on for at least couple of years as I noticed they hit a 1000 episodes recently. Saathiya is not one that I watch regularly but again, some elements to it make me chuckle.

With the time leaps, I've gotten used to the YHM's leap but it made no sense as they were doing a really captivating angle with Nidhi-Raman-Ishita and rather plan it out further, they just did a time-leap and Ruhi turning into a pop star Ruhaan, who incidentally is giving up her music career to go to Business school, as you do...
Star Plus writers love unnecessary time leaps don't they..

YHM had a really interesting storyline (Nikhil/Ruhi) and they've binned that to do a year's time leap where again, storyline is designed to get Ishita back into the family household.

Quick Reply

Latest