The Student Room Group

Does she actually want me or is she an attention whore?

Hey, I know this girl that I really like, and I think it is safe to say that she likes me back. I have known her for about a year, but in the last 4 odd months, our relations have become more close and intense. In the group chat, it is usually us two talking with nobody interrupting us, and It has been like that since 4 months ago, where we told each other how terrible our home lives are.

We went out for food, just the two of us, and talked for around an hour for the first time a few weeks ago. Then, a week later, we went to the bar with a few friends and had a good time even though I didn't really talk to her more than anybody else.

However, on Saturday, I went to a friends party with a few friends and her. Talked to her a lot more, but what was interesting was her behaviour (can't figure out if it was just that she was drunk or into me, she insists she wasn't that drunk).When she is tipsy she gets very affectionate and will literally hug and cuddle with anybody. However, when she hugged me she kissed me on the neck, which is something I know she doesn't really do, as she has only ever gotten off with somebody once at a party, and that was her gay best friend. Later, I was talking to some other girl, like you do, just having a laugh, and I turned around and she was staring daggers at me, for no reason. She says it was just her staring into space, but I have never seen her look so pissed off before and I have known her for a year. Later still, as she left, she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I was too shocked to respond much to either of them and I still haven't had the opportunity to talk to her on it beyond the staring.When I told my best friend, he was quite shocked too, he is friends with her as well and has a gf.

Why do I think she is potentially an attention whore? Because she acts like this around me and talks to me really deeply, but then told me that she didn't want a boyfriend when I was trying to advise her on how to get a bf when she was complaining about a guy who was sabotaging her attempts to date. She said she was joking. Frankly, it's probably the longest joke I have ever seen because it took an hour for her to say that. Neither of us makes any massive effort to talk to each other either, although I don't want to be too obvious.

I honestly can't tell, it's winding me up. If you want any other details I will share.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It would be nice if the views turned into responses. I am really clueless on this one.
She's waiting for you to make the move or she's an evil bitch that's ****ing with your mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
She's waiting for you to make the move or she's an evil bitch that's ****ing with your mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If she wanted me to make a move, why would she say she didn't want a bf?
Some girls are like that. Trust me. They say this kind of **** to make you want them even more. If she's kissing you and stuff then she defo wants you. I've got to wake up at 5.30 today so I need to sleep now. Lol. Well talk tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
If she wanted me to make a move, why would she say she didn't want a bf?

it a classic jealousy move you will get jealous as it brings the alpha-dominance in your subconscious forwards in order to win the girl from the boyfriend you subconscious believes she hiding but in reality isn't
Reply 6
Original post by jamesthehustler
it a classic jealousy move you will get jealous as it brings the alpha-dominance in your subconscious forwards in order to win the girl from the boyfriend you subconscious believes she hiding but in reality isn't

What? She hasn't had a bf for a year. I know she is single af.
What? She hasn't had a bf for a year. I know she is single af.

the subconscious side of you will tell your active mind that there is an obstacle between you

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by jamesthehustler
the subconscious side of you will tell your active mind that there is an obstacle between you

Spoiler

She used to do psychology. It feels like its working.
Why are you calling her a whore? No where in your little story you've said that she sleeps with multiple men. Quit calling the girl a whore.

And she likes you and she was quite frankly jealous when you were with that other girl. She shows you physical affection because she really likes you. You are so oblivious.
Original post by samina_ay
Why are you calling her a whore? No where in your little story you've said that she sleeps with multiple men. Quit calling the girl a whore.

And she likes you and she was quite frankly jealous when you were with that other girl. She shows you physical affection because she really likes you. You are so oblivious.

"attention whore" != "whore". I really like her, I think she likes me, Its just I am not all that confident in my interpretation of things, so I ask others for their opinions. Other people have said they think she just likes that I give her attention, even though the girl is head girl.
You sound like a chick. You're over analysing it, just shoot your shot. Tell her you want to be with her and deal with it accordingly.
Original post by Orange s0da
You sound like a chick. You're over analysing it, just shoot your shot. Tell her you want to be with her and deal with it accordingly.

I'm a guy. I only put that much detail in there so that people could come to an as accurate as possible conclusion as possible.
****, I just realised I told her I didn't want a GF like 3 months ago. What do?
****, I just realised I told her I didn't want a GF like 3 months ago. What do?

Quit playing games, if you want to be with her, then ask her surely.
Original post by Rock Fan
Quit playing games, if you want to be with her, then ask her surely.

You're right, it was a stupid thing to say. I will talk to her tomorrow about it.
You're right, it was a stupid thing to say. I will talk to her tomorrow about it.

Let us know what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE : Didn't get chance to ask her out today, I had work so I couldn't ask her out

On the up side, in the friend group chat she just how large my penis was compared with a seal.
UPDATE : Didn't get chance to ask her out today, I had work so I couldn't ask her out

On the up side, in the friend group chat she just how large my penis was compared with a seal.

I've never seen a girl like this. If I was you, I would've gone down on her a long time ago. She definitely wants you. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I've never seen a girl like this. If I was you, I would've gone down on her a long time ago. She definitely wants you. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I move glacially, I had my suspicions about her like september last year. The trouble is that I was told for a lot of years I was an Autist when I never was, I was just incredibly shy for a while. I doubt myself a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending