The Student Room Group

White Lives Matter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Lies. The slaves in the Arab world were treated much worse. That is why do this day in Northern Africa and the Gulf that the "natives" are not white / black, the slaves were worked to death. In the Americas they were not worked to death as frequently. You seem to have some kind of racist agenda. Also, there were move slaves in the Arab world than in the Americas. #learnyourhistory.

So what are you trying to say then?
If you are trying to say what I think your insinuating then I find that completely disgusting. Slavery is slavery and because one was 'much worse' does not diminish the other. And to add- I don't think you should even be talking about 'much worse' unless you yourself was an African slave in America at the time.
'In the Americas they were not worked to death as frequently.' Right- Let's see how you'd do with over 12 hours of intense labour, working outside to pick cotton in the hot sun whether you were a heavily pregnant woman or an elderly man. Rapped because you were deemed as an object then whipped if you picked less than the threshold number expected in a day which was very unrealistic. Also just know, if you could read or write- expect your death. Unless you've gone through all of this that I had listed upon being taken away from your family because your master sold them off for a couple of dollars- be quiet. Shut it.
These are both tragic events that happened. None one should be comparing the two to belittle either. Please avoid comments such as this as it makes you seem very ignorant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ah this thread is just a good example of why we need movements such as the 'black lives movement'. The fact that many on here interpreted 'black lives matter' as 'black lives matter more' etc shows how many are still ignorant especially to the whole situation. Get informed guys. Just because people are not enchanting 'white lives matter' you somehow feel threatened and uncomfortable? Not everything is about you- be glad it isn't you as you wouldn't need a reason to create such a movement. Again I'm not saying that white people do not face racism- but together as a whole you'd experience less racism than those of colour (as a whole) experience. Luckily the UK isn't as bad as the US. If it wasn't for domestic legislation and EU legislation such as the humans Act (1998) and the European Convention on Human Rights with the European Court of rights checking that citizen's have their rights respected- the UK would have been very much like the US. In the US racism isn't exactly punishable- if it wasn't for people complaining most would get away with discriminating others. But here in the UK we have laws that aim to protect minorities- you could even face imprisonment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sigh. Oh. My. Goodness.
Original post by Novascope
Oohhhh myyy goshhhh. The pure ignorance on this thread.

Honestly.
I just sat there face palming while reading such absurd comments. And this in the UK that supposedly more informed and aware than 'racist' America? Alrighty then. Screwed.
Original post by Cherry82
Honestly.
I just sat there face palming while reading such absurd comments. And this in the UK that supposedly more informed and aware than 'racist' America? Alrighty then. Screwed.

I honestly believe that the only difference between here and America when it comes to racism is that people are a lot more quiet here and reserved. Either way it's messed up and pathetic.
So what are you trying to say then?
If you are trying to say what I think your insinuating then I find that completely disgusting. Slavery is slavery and because one was 'much worse' does not diminish the other. And to add- I don't think you should even be talking about 'much worse' unless you yourself was an African slave in America at the time.
'In the Americas they were not worked to death as frequently.' Right- Let's see how you'd do with over 12 hours of intense labour, working outside to pick cotton in the hot sun whether you were a heavily pregnant woman or an elderly man. Rapped because you were deemed as an object then whipped if you picked less than the threshold number expected in a day which was very unrealistic. Also just know, if you could read or write- expect your death. Unless you've gone through all of this that I had listed upon being taken away from your family because your master sold them off for a couple of dollars- be quiet. Shut it.
These are both tragic events that happened. None one should be comparing the two to belittle either. Please avoid comments such as this as it makes you seem very ignorant.

I ask again, why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!

The slaves in the Americas were treated better, if you can handle the truth that is your problem, but you appear to be a racist BLM supporter or at least sympathiser, so I am not surprised.
I ask again, why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!

The slaves in the Americas were treated better, if you can handle the truth that is your problem, but you appear to be a racist BLM supporter or at least sympathiser, so I am not surprised.

Wait so let me get this clear- Did you not read anything I had commented on???? Please read it again and come back to me with a better response. If not, then I guess this conversation is over. No time for such nonsense.
Wait so let me get this clear- Did you not read anything I had commented on???? Please read it again and come back to me with a better response. If not, then I guess this conversation is over. No time for such nonsense.

Classic radical, runs away when their crazy hysteria is questioned.
Classic radical, runs away when their crazy hysteria is questioned.

You wish. I see traits of a potential internet troll which is why I had asked you to go back and re-read what I had stated. If you're not going to comment on relevant pieces of information then forever hold your peace. Instead you simply ignored my comment and replied with such randomness.

The slaves were treated better in the Americas ?

Really ?

Whether that's true or not that's like trying to argue that getting punched five times in the face by Anthony Joshua is better than getting punched in the face 7 times by Anthony Joshua.
Original post by PrincePaul657777

Really ?

Whether that's true or not that's like trying to argue that getting punched five times in the face by Anthony Joshua is better than getting punched in the face 7 times by Anthony Joshua.

I didn't say treated well, as you said, I simply said treated better, which is a fair and accurate statement to make.
You wish. I see traits of a potential internet troll which is why I had asked you to go back and re-read what I had stated. If you're not going to comment on relevant pieces of information then forever hold your peace. Instead you simply ignored my comment and replied with such randomness.

When you answer my question of where the millions of slaves in the Middle East and North Africa magically disappeared to, I shall respond to your comment.
When you answer my question of where the millions of slaves in the Middle East and North Africa magically disappeared to, I shall respond to your comment.

???
Well if you had read my statement properly you would have realised that I am against all types of slavery and racism- that I feel all types of slavery was/is wrong. I also had mentioned how it was totally inappropriate of you to compare two different tragic events to diminish the other one. Why would you do that? Where's the logic? That's like me trying to compare the terrorist 7/7 bombings with 9/11 then trying to diminish 7/7 because not as many people died/were killed. Well it doesn't matter- people STILL DIED. Innocent people were still killed by terrorists in both events- families still lost loved ones in both events. Get it now?
???
Well if you had read my statement properly you would have realised that I am against all types of slavery and racism- that I feel all types of slavery was/is wrong. I also had mentioned how it was totally inappropriate of you to compare two different tragic events to diminish the other one. Why would you do that? Where's the logic? That's like me trying to compare the terrorist 7/7 bombings with 9/11 then trying to diminish 7/7 because not as many people died/were killed. Well it doesn't matter- people STILL DIED. Innocent people were still killed by terrorists in both events- families still lost loved ones in both events. Get it now?

You still haven't answered my question and stated where the millions of slaves went.
You still haven't answered my question and stated where the millions of slaves went.

Because YOU answered your own question smart guy! Remember?

'why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!'

Again this doesn't diminish the severity of slavery once in America. Stop.
Original post by PrincePaul657777

Really ?

Lol. That's exactly what I had stated but using the 7/7 and 9/11 terrorist bombings. So because more people died in 9/11, 7/7 was not a significant/tragic event that happened in our history? I really do think that user is a troll. Won't be surprised if he gets banned soon. It's this kind of backwards mentality that annoys the heck out of me.
Because YOU answered your own question smart guy! Remember?

'why are there no communities of the descent of slaves in North Africa / The Middle East? - Because they were worked to death!'

Again this doesn't diminish the severity of slavery once in America. Stop.

It makes what I said true.

A place that works slaves to deaths is worse than a place that works slaves for a period of time and then frees them. I don't exactly recommend either system but the former is worse.
It makes what I said true.

A place that works slaves to deaths is worse than a place that works slaves for a period of time and then frees them. I don't exactly recommend either system but the former is worse.

It could be that it was worse- fine.
However, what you had stated made it seem as if you were trying to belittle the severity of slavery that once existed in America. It seemed as if you were trying to say it wasn't that bad because another event was worse when indeed it was very bad.
And just because these slaves did not get wiped out completely did not mean that they had easy lives. Do not be fooled. It would have been at the lost of their masters as these slaves were worth money. These slaves made their families rich through the plantation which is why when the abolishment of slavery happened- many slave owners especially in the south lost fortunes. It would make no sense to work your slaves to death as it would have been at the owners lost. They were your source to an income. (Don't actually mean you, this was just an example) So no slaves, no plantation workers = no money and stable family. It's why masters even rapped some of their female slaves to produce more slave children for them to sell.
Going back to the comparison I had made earlier- 9/11 could be described to be 'worse' than 7/11 but to belittle either of them would be irrational as both had tragic experiences and endings.
(edited 8 years ago)
It could be that it was worse- fine.
However, what you had stated made it seem as if you were trying to belittle the severity of slavery that once existed in America. It seemed as if you were trying to say it wasn't that bad because another event was worse when indeed it was very bad.
And just because these slaves did not get wiped out completely did not mean that they had easy lives. Do not be fooled. It would have been at the lost of their masters as these slaves were worth money. These slaves made their families rich through the plantation which is why when the abolishment of slavery happened- many slave owners especially in the south lost fortunes. It would make no sense to work your slaves to death as it would have been at the owners lost. They were your source to an income. (Don't actually mean you, this was just an example) So no slaves, no plantation workers = no money and stable family. It's why masters even rapped some of their female slaves to produce more slave children for them to sell.
Going back to the comparison I had made earlier- 9/11 could be described to be 'worse' than 7/11 but to belittle either of them would be irrational as both had tragic experiences and endings.

Well, at least you have now acknowledged my point. To be honest, you have read things that I did not type. At no point did I say that the life of the America based slaves was easy. I am not trying to sound condescending here, but please don't look for hidden meanings in the words of others and just accept what a user is saying a face value (I am referring to the underlined section above).
Reply 219
Lmao what a mess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending