The Student Room Group

My dad just asked if I wanted to get engaged to a girl in a picture

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BristolFresher15
Who hurt you bro?

Why does everyone keep asking me this? Use your imagination.

Original post by MevMev
bruh just wait for the right girl to come along who is not a ***** what ever that was meant to be :wink:

Pigs will fly and the sun will shine out of my arse if a decent girl comes along.

Original post by MevMev
innit lemme sort her out fam

You might have to spend a while sorting out lots of girls.

Original post by UnknownRoyalist
No I'm not open to have one lol. I meant I don't have anything against anyone that would be open to have one - some people (like that asif) haven't got a choice after they've been rejected so many times #shotsfired.

I agree. Getting to know the real personality of a person takes time. For me, my way of thinking in general is different to most people's so there's no way I could take any steps without knowing the person properly

@asif007 I'm joking btw lol. Just messing with you

Bro, relationships are actually a sensitive issue for some of us. I'm sure you can work out for yourself that I would rather spend the rest of my life alone instead of having an arranged marriage. Make fun all you want but unless I find someone for myself it ain't happening.
Original post by Anonymous
Seriously why are ppl acting if arranged marriages are the end of the world.
Believe it or not there are actually successful arranged marriages. Yes shock horror.
Srsly people grow up.

Well at least now I know whose parents are the result of an arranged marriage.
Put it this way: your affinity for an arranged marriage depends on how much you trust your parents to find the right person for you. Studies have shown that parents are most likely to choose someone with similar personality traits to themselves as potential suitors for their children. My mum can be a ***** sometimes, even the smallest thing can set her off and she will have a go at me for trivial things - so obviously that puts me off anyone she tries to choose for me and I can't trust her with that kind of responsbility. Not to mention that girls change a lot after marriage - they let themselves go, they stop being innocent and they just ***** about everything. Why would I want any of that BS when I can live my life without any of those worries and **** all the girls I want? Food for thought.
Original post by Redsauce
Arranged Marriages is a big no no to me lol & no anon they don't always work out and in some of the cases that they do as you say it's then called a "Stroke Of Luck" usually successful ones happen if the guy knows the girl well enough or vice versa.
Its my opinion and not everyone has to agree :grin:

You know arranged marriages don't happen as the OP says right? Looking for a spouse can take many months and involve a process of getting to know the person as well as their family. It's not like you wake up one day and bam a wedding with some randomer. Love can be learned, even in the case of dating or unarranged marriages where the initial infatuation begins to wear off.

Of course some arranged marriages are effed up and rushed but on the one hand, there's sensationalism and on the other hand, actual facts.
Original post by dairychocolate
Was she actually fit?
that is an odd question coming from someone with the username of dairychocolate. Are you just checking because it's starting to warm up now. it's supposed to be really hot in America this weekend. I sure hope she taste great.tell me how licks does it take to get to her lollypop center. Was there a Creamy Filling there waiting for you? when you got there did it explode all over your face, so did it?
Original post by asif007
Why does everyone keep asking me this? Use your imagination.

Pigs will fly and the sun will shine out of my arse if a decent girl comes along.

You might have to spend a while sorting out lots of girls.

Bro, relationships are actually a sensitive issue for some of us. I'm sure you can work out for yourself that I would rather spend the rest of my life alone instead of having an arranged marriage. Make fun all you want but unless I find someone for myself it ain't happening.

Original post by asif007
Put it this way: your affinity for an arranged marriage depends on how much you trust your parents to find the right person for you. Studies have shown that parents are most likely to choose someone with similar personality traits to themselves as potential suitors for their children. My mum can be a ***** sometimes, even the smallest thing can set her off and she will have a go at me for trivial things - so obviously that puts me off anyone she tries to choose for me and I can't trust her with that kind of responsbility. Not to mention that girls change a lot after marriage - they let themselves go, they stop being innocent and they just ***** about everything. Why would I want any of that BS when I can live my life without any of those worries and **** all the girls I want? Food for thought.

Wow, dude. You carry around a lot of damage. Let it go.
Reply 126
LMAO

Seriously, though, my dad doesn't even know anything about her. He said he wasn't sure how old she was, she estimated around my age. He also had no idea whether she was single or not. Just showed me her to see if I liked her, which was the most unnerving bit.

Maybe it's your dad who wants a piece of her
Reply 127
Original post by Serine Soul

"No, but they might be like their ancestors. You have to go for someone with a history of a high status, like one your father's family has."

Does she believe in eugenics science? :rofl:
Reply 128
Original post by Anonymous
Lol soo true. My parents told me noone will marry me if I don't have a degree and noone will respect me, even if I don't end up working after marriage I still have to go uni. Also they want a well educated husband for me with a good job.

Asian parents care more about family image than ancient Scottish Highland clans smh
Original post by RobML
Asian parents care more about family image than ancient Scottish Highland clans smh

Don't make judgements on 'Asians' based on what you're told on TSR.

The truth is that this forum is far from representative, is prone to exaggerations/BS, and you also find significant variation from one Asian community to the next.

Honestly none of my recently married relatives even married a Sikh and nobody cared.
Reply 130
Original post by dairychocolate
Don't make judgements on 'Asians' based on what you're told on TSR.

The truth is that this forum is far from representative, is prone to exaggerations/BS, and you also find significant variation from one Asian community to the next.

Honestly none of my recently married relatives even married a Sikh and nobody cared.

It was meant to be a light-hearted comment, sorry
Original post by RobML
Maybe it's your dad who wants a piece of her

My dad's almost 60, and a grandfather.

Not every guy is as pervy as you Rob.
Original post by RobML

Hahaha respect and wealth are the top of their list. I'm looking for a husband now and that's what I've noticed.
Original post by RobML
It was meant to be a light-hearted comment, sorry

I knew you were kidding but I was just letting you (and anyone else reading) know for future reference. I wasn't criticising you.
Wow, that's nice! Have a look if you want to actually talk to her. Best of luck! :biggrin:
Wow, dude. You carry around a lot of damage. Let it go.

I'll carry it around if I want, thank you very much. I have no problem admitting that I'm damaged goods.
Original post by asif007
I'll carry it around if I want, thank you very much. I have no problem admitting that I'm damaged goods.

That's heavy man. Let the love in.
That's heavy man. Let the love in.

If I find someone who will reciprocate, then yeah I will. But I've let my guard down and poured my feelings out in the past only to get **** in return. Never again.
Remember arranged marriages aren't necessarily bad.
if you think of it it's just like when one of your mates introduces you to someone who you then get to know and decide if you wanna take it further. It's still your choice whether you want to get married in an arranged marriage. and remember you don't just see a photo and get married, you get to know the person until you feel you know them properly
the only difference is that it's 'arranged' because your family are a bit more involved than normal.
:ahee: bless !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending