The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hello fam
Pls has anyone heard from Bedfordshire or Chester?
Reply 181
@DrEve I aplied to Beds and Chester, I have not been contacted. Have you been contacted?
Hi all :smile:

I had applied for the Commonwealth Scholarship to study at Heriot-Watt. However I could not get it :frown:
I am curious about what went wrong with my application. Is there a way to know this?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 183
Nah I haven't and it's getting worrisome because I keep seeing on the thread that other unis have contacted their nominees. Though Chester emailed they ll contact both successful and unsuccessful applicants by May 11. But that seems like forever
Reply 184
@DrEve I don't think they have nominated anybody.. Keep calm, que sera sera.
Reply 185
Original post by NikitaIndia

I had applied for the Commonwealth Scholarship to study at Heriot-Watt. However I could not get it :frown:
I am curious about what went wrong with my application. Is there a way to know this?

Hi Nikita, where u sent an official mail by your university informing u that u were unsuccessful? Nikita, you must understand that many well qualified applicants will have to be rejected because of the small number of awards available. So next time when applying for scholarships, u should apply to many schools, this will improve your chances. Good luck.
Reply 186
Original post by Greenfish16
Who else got this, despite being nominated already?

"Thank you for your application for a 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship.

In case you have not heard directly from your Nominating Agency, this email is to let you know that your application was not nominated to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for consideration. This means that your application has not been considered.

With best wishes,
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission SecretariatEAS Team

Please do not reply to this email"

Hi Greenfish. I guess since you applied to many schools. This message was sent by just one of the schools you applied to via commonwealth to notify you that you were not nominated. That does not mean you would not be nominated in the other schools.
Dear Nikita, really sorry to hear about that, may be this could help with your curiosity: cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/feedback/, you can also email the scholarship office in Heriot about the selection process. There are still some fully funded scholarship you can apply for having a deadline in may. Wishing you all the best.
Reply 188
List of Universities that has nominated according to this tread and according to our sources here.

1.) Durham - Mustapha
2.) Glasgow - RAYZ and Pompey4
3.) Leeds - Mustapha and Greenfish16
4.) Kent - Pompey4
5.) Warwick - Pompey4
6.) Strathclyde - Mustapha
7.) Birmingham - Mustapha
8.) Queens University - Mustapha
9.) LSE - Lavneeta

So if you haven't heard from the schools above, its either your application was unsuccessful or you are a reserve candidate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 189
Original post by Lavneeta
Hi everyone, I had applied for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for LSE. I have also been nominated as their first choice candidate and I got an email last week. Does that mean i have successful chances of getting the scholarship? When can i be sure?

Hi Lavneeta. Congratulations. Plsease check your EAS status to see if your application has changed from with nominating agency 1 to CSC. If yes, then u r in already. Congratulations.
Original post by Pompey4
Hi Greenfish. I guess since you applied to many schools. This message was sent by just one of the schools you applied to via commonwealth to notify you that you were not nominated. That does not mean you would not be nominated in the other schools.

No, I don't think so. I suspect it was sent by default to applicants.

I applied to only one school (University of Leeds) and was nominated by them. My EAS status is with CSC.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NikitaIndia

The general selection criteria are by academic merit and your home country benefit essay. You should try to contact the postgraduate scholarship officer of your school.
Original post by DrEve
Nah I haven't and it's getting worrisome because I keep seeing on the thread that other unis have contacted their nominees. Though Chester emailed they ll contact both successful and unsuccessful applicants by May 11. But that seems like forever

I think each school has its own specific procedures and guidelines. Just be patient till atleast the 30th of April, which is the day after the deadline for universities to nominate candidates to the CSC.

In last year's thread, a Cambridge applicant was notified in May. So there is still time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IARC
How do you know if you have been nominated?

Your EAS will be updated to the CSC stage and/or your school would contact you.
Reply 194
No, I don't think so. I suspect it was sent by default to applicants.

I applied to only one school (University of Leeds) and was nominated by them. My EAS status is with CSC.

Okay then. Since you applied to only one school. It must be an error.congrats. U never told us u were nominated by Leeds, I think only Mustapha said dat. Which course at Leeds? Congrats.
Original post by Lavneeta
Hi everyone, I had applied for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for LSE. I have also been nominated as their first choice candidate and I got an email last week. Does that mean i have successful chances of getting the scholarship? When can i be sure?

Congrats.

You may need to contact your school for clarifications. LSE has about five CSS awards. You have to ascertain that it isn't first choice reserve candidate. What does your EAS status read?
Original post by Mustapha1992
Applied to University of Leeds and my EAS satus reads 'with csc'. What does that mean?

Hello,

Did you receive any message from [email protected]?
Original post by Pompey4
Hi Nikita, where u sent an official mail by your university informing u that u were unsuccessful? Nikita, you must understand that many well qualified applicants will have to be rejected because of the small number of awards available. So next time when applying for scholarships, u should apply to many schools, this will improve your chances. Good luck.

Dear Pompey,

Thank you for your support. Maybe better luck next time :smile:

Recieved the following mail informing me of my unsuccesful application:

Thank you for your application for a 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship. In case you have not heard directly from your Nominating Agency, this email is to let you know that your application was not nominated to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for consideration. This means that your application has not been considered.

With best wishes,
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Secretariat

EAS Team

Please do not reply to this email
Original post by tobilistic
Dear Nikita, really sorry to hear about that, may be this could help with your curiosity: cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/feedback/, you can also email the scholarship office in Heriot about the selection process. There are still some fully funded scholarship you can apply for having a deadline in may. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you for the link @tobilistic. I will continue trying. Thanks for you support and all the best to you too :smile:
The general selection criteria are by academic merit and your home country benefit essay. You should try to contact the postgraduate scholarship officer of your school.

Yup doing that right away. Thank you @Greenfish :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending