The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 8 years ago)
You can check if they have a direct debit option.
Reply 3
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
(edited 8 years ago)
How would I know? perhaps contact DSA?
A search of the webiste says they do do dd. Theres also a means of contacting them online and by telephone if you wish to talk to Endsleigh.
Is insurance compulsory? Isnt DSA just leaving you to sort yourself out? Do they agree to pay it on your behalf?
Why would or should they pay the excess?

Btw my guess would be if its a first extra payment, its just a small amount up front to pay fpr the admin, rather than sployying it equally over 12/24/36 months.

No idea why you think DSA should pay excess, from an accident. Think that would be your responsibiliy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Dan2194
they do £11 a month and an first extra payment? but how would i claim that back from DSA??? fill in a form each month?? how would i get the required info for the receipt DSA would want????
will DSA pay the excess if i need to claim on the insurance???

Unless it was included in your DSA award, then you can't claim the cost back rom DSA.

As it's your equipment, you would have had this issue anyway, whether you had DSA or not. DSA only fund facilities/equipent which you specifically need because of your disablity. As every student has to decided whether or not to insure any IT equipment they take to uni, I think it's unlikely that DSA will fund it for you.

Check back with the DSA folks, but I doubt that they are actually insisting that you insure your kit - it's probably just the standard recommendation that you do. I can't imagine what sanction they could apply if you refused to insure your own equipment (which is basically nothing to do with them).
Reply 7
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dan2194
A very unhelful post from you indeed. DO you have DSA ???

you seem to know mucht about it

i how could i know inadavnce what you know????

i have autism i cant mind read you thoughts

sorry i asked you could of choosen not to of answer my post but instead you were abusive to me in your reponse shame on you!!!!.

Actually ive taken the trouble to answer your questions and based upon my experience of how insurance works, looking at the website and policy for you. I have given you the answers, which are almost certainly correct. I have nothing to be shameful about.
Reply 10
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dan2194
Yes it has been awarded in my letter and i have aready said it had in my prevoius post. here from my letter.

Own EquipmentIt has been confirmed that you're using your own equipment. You'll need to purchase your own warranty / insurance which covers your equipment for the duration of your course as DSAs won’t fund repairs or replacement equipment if it’s lost, stolen or damaged. If you pay for warranty / insurance after the date of this letter please send us copies of receipts so we can reimburse you for this cost. Your next steps⦁ Purchase extended warranty or insurance for your equipment. Send a claim form to us along with copies of receipts for the extended warranty or insurance. We’ll reimburse the amount directly to your bank account once the claim has been processed. Receipts must show the following information: Date⦁ Amount that has been paid⦁ Confirmation the insurance is in respect of your equipment⦁ Company details

So yes they will pay for the insurance. They are silent on direct debit, so you should ring them and say you cant afford to pay the whole amount for the policy. perhaps you can persuade them to pay the policy for you alternatively you will have to fund it yourself and reclaim. Only DSA can tell you.
Reply 12
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dan2194
"HOW DO I KNOW" quote from your post to me. and as you been on website etc
IT SEEMS YOU THINK YOU DO KNOW

so why say to me " HOW DO I KNOW" shame on you!!!

get your ego boost from someone else.

I've been on the website for the insurance company, which is an independent business. You were asking about DSA, which I couldnt possibly have known. You might have helped yourself had you posted the information from the DSA @12:22, then people would have understood your situation better.

Do you go round to everyone saying shame on you!!!? I certainly have nothing to be shamed about.
Original post by Dan2194
have you ever called DSA????

Whatever anyone says on here makes no difference because DSA it's only DSA who can give you an answer and make a decision about how to deal with your dilemma.

If you have difficulty making phone calls, then ask someone to make it on your behalf.
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
Whatever anyone says on here makes no difference because DSA it's only DSA who can give you an answer and make a decision about how to deal with your dilemma.

If you have difficulty making phone calls, then ask someone to make it on your behalf.

I ask if you had ever called DSA yourself????
are you going to answer my question

i will take that you have not

but to understand and educate yourself you should read information at this link

https://theblogwithonepost.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/a-guide-to-dsa/
Reply 16
Original post by Dan2194
Yes it has been awarded in my letter and i have aready said it had in my prevoius post. here from my letter.

That's good.

Own EquipmentIt has been confirmed that you're using your own equipment. You'll need to purchase your own warranty / insurance which covers your equipment for the duration of your course as DSAs won’t fund repairs or replacement equipment if it’s lost, stolen or damaged.

So you still have the choice not to insure it if you don't want to, or it's too complicated, or you end up having to pay up front when you can't afford it. Just because DSA awards you something, you're not obliged to accept it.

If you pay for warranty / insurance after the date of this letter please send us copies of receipts so we can reimburse you for this cost. Your next steps⦁ Purchase extended warranty or insurance for your equipment. Send a claim form to us along with copies of receipts for the extended warranty or insurance. We’ll reimburse the amount directly to your bank account once the claim has been processed. Receipts must show the following information: Date⦁ Amount that has been paid⦁ Confirmation the insurance is in respect of your equipment⦁ Company details

That certainly doesn't mention gradual repayment terms, so unfortunately you do need to contact DSA to get clarification. I don't think anyone here can help really. As the previous poster has suggested, you may like to ask someone to do that on your behalf as you're obviously finding DSA very difficult to deal with.

I'm sorry that you're having such a rough experience. I agree that the form-filling is a nightmare, but the people and processes actually worked well for me. Good luck - you're very close to having everything in place at this point.
Reply 17
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dan2194
I ask if you had ever called DSA yourself????
are you going to answer my question

i will take that you have not

but to understand and educate yourself you should read information at this link

https://theblogwithonepost.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/a-guide-to-dsa/

You asked a question. I did my best to help you and give you the common sense solutions.

So they are difficul to contact, then you have to choose whether to persist, because they are the obvious people who can solve your dilemma or contact Endsleigh and see if they can sort something out for you, perhaps you might consider paying quarterly or bi-annually, which would reduce the number of times you have to submit claims to the DSA people.

They are still the people who pay you and can give you a definitive decision, nothing changes that.

Latest