The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St. Georges Physician associate program 2016 entry

Hi all

Was wondering how many people are applying to this program this year. If anyone has already gotten in I was also wondering if volunteer hours helped a lot or not. I have paramedic back ground and military but have been earning my undergrad for the past 4 years so haven't really done any health care volunteering as I am also an older student . Was also wondering about the mini exams especially the arithmetic one for the interview. Any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying too, i aint got a clue about any of the weightings, just following their outline on the site healthcare expierance is essential but in terms of hours i aint got a clue.
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Yeah same here have loads of hours working but volunteer not so much. The application packet is a pain wish they had on online app like everyone else. And then you have to get a forum for your references :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by jpg30
Yeah same here have loads of hours working but volunteer not so much. The application packet is a pain wish they had on online app like everyone else. And then you have to get a forum for your references :confused:

I called to find out the number of places, but they did not clarify. do you know by any chance how many positions are available?
Reply 4
Im not quite sure how many positions are available. Hopefully enough for us :biggrin: Have you submitted your app to them yet? When do we hear back from them?
Reply 5
Original post by jpg30
Im not quite sure how many positions are available. Hopefully enough for us :biggrin: Have you submitted your app to them yet? When do we hear back from them?

yeah I have already applied. have you? If you don't mind me asking are you a graduate or undergrad? when I called them the other day, they told me they have already had a few interviews and there a 5 interview days in may so we will probably find out this month
Reply 6
Yeah I submitted mine this past week. When did you get an acknowledgement of them receiving it as I haven't yet. I'm post grad what about you? Oh wow thought they would just have one big interview day or week event such as the 5 days in May.
Reply 7
Original post by jpg30
Yeah I submitted mine this past week. When did you get an acknowledgement of them receiving it as I haven't yet. I'm post grad what about you? Oh wow thought they would just have one big interview day or week event such as the 5 days in May.

I am an undergrad in my final year. I got a email informing me they will contact me soon but that was last week thursday. Thus i don't believe i have been acknowledged yet. Do you have any information about interview style for this programme?
Reply 8
Same here they must be going over all the packets and stuff. I had my referees send in their stuff as well and the uni has not told me if they received it yet. So must take a little while. Might be worth calling them to confirm they have everything. No I have no idea on the interview style I'm sure they will give us an idea about it once we reach that point.
Reply 9
Have you heard anything from them yet? Its been over a week for me and I did call them to ask but they were not very helpful.
Reply 10
Original post by jpg30
Have you heard anything from them yet? Its been over a week for me and I did call them to ask but they were not very helpful.

Nothing either. I haven't even been acknowledged yet, i got a email 2 weeks ago stating my application will be passed onto tutors. you?
Reply 11
Yeah same here just got told they received my packet and needed a few more documents which I also sent them. Havent heard anything back since. Wonder if we should call and see what the status is or what
Reply 12
Original post by jpg30
Yeah same here just got told they received my packet and needed a few more documents which I also sent them. Havent heard anything back since. Wonder if we should call and see what the status is or what

yeah i am gonna give a call in on Monday, to check if they have received all my documents, and then ask the progress of the application. Have you applied elsewhere?
Reply 13
Yeah I applied to a bunch of programs. Got interviews at Wolverhampton and Worcester so far but St. Georges is my top pick so far . Yeah I will probably give them a call as well monday. what about you where else did you apply?
Reply 14
Original post by jpg30
Yeah I applied to a bunch of programs. Got interviews at Wolverhampton and Worcester so far but St. Georges is my top pick so far . Yeah I will probably give them a call as well monday. what about you where else did you apply?

congrats on those interviews, hope they go well. i have applied for Birmingham and Surrey. no replies from them either.
Reply 15
Thanks! I put one in at Birmingham as well but I dont think we will hear from them for a bit.
Reply 16
Original post by jpg30
Thanks! I put one in at Birmingham as well but I dont think we will hear from them for a bit.

Yeah birmingham has a deadline at the end of august! Btw how comes birmingham has a jan intake and a may intake? i applied for jan, but does that mean i start in jan?
Reply 17
Yeah you would start in January . I think I applied for the January entry as well. But tomorrow Im going to call St. Georges and see what the word is.
Reply 18
Original post by jpg30
Yeah you would start in January . I think I applied for the January entry as well. But tomorrow Im going to call St. Georges and see what the word is.

ahhh ok. yeah me too. i am gonna call in the afternoon and report back here later in the night.
Reply 19
Awesome please let me know what they say :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending