The Student Room Group

Train Etiquette

Was (standing) on the train yesterday, and the same guy gave up his seat 3 times for elderly people / pregnant women. This while surrounded by young healthy looking women who didn't even look up.

Some people really are selfish.
Well I'm a young and healthy looking woman who would offer my seat. However, I have noticed on buses and trains that guys get up far more often than women and there are always some people who pointedly avoid eye contact.
I always offer my seat to other people on trains
Reply 3
i like standing
That's a load of bollox, sexist agenda much.

A few months back, I was sat right at the back of the bus, when the bus became crowded full of fit and healthy men and women. A little old lady then came on, and she was forced to stand because no one gave her her seat. The journey had well over another half hour left and you could tell she found it uncomfortable. So I had to literally get up off the back of the bus, and make my way down to offer the woman my seat. And there were plenty of men at the front who didn't give a toss.

So sling your hook with your sexist bs. No one has time for it.
Original post by JBLondon
Was (standing) on the train yesterday, and the same guy gave up his seat 3 times for elderly people / pregnant women. This while surrounded by young healthy looking women who didn't even look up.

F**** this generation of old people. They didn't do chit. They didn't fight no wars or face any great struggle and all they do is complain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Espada Zero
F**** this generation of old people. They didn't do chit. They didn't fight no wars or face any great struggle and all they do is complain

Posted from TSR Mobile

This made me laugh :biggrin:
Original post by JBLondon

Big respect to the guy tbh, 3 times is a lot, but keep in mind maybe the women weren't actually healthy?

(you wouldnt know inside what was going down, any unseeable physical problems)

and what if the guy already sat for a long while and the ladies just sat down?

Regardless I get your point and the whole seat thing just reminded me of

Quick Reply

Latest