The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I still have hopes that Mourinho will take the reigns!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking

As for us well it looks like LVG is staying for another season and sadly that officially marks the death of this club. We were lucky to even beat West Ham... that goal wasn't even offside :indiff:
:

I hope LVG stays- contracts should be honoured.
I just really think Mourinho could kick UTD back into touch. I do agree that contracts should be honoured, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
Already said this before but when Klopp buys who he wants Liverpool will rise and become a powerhouse with the likes of City. Klopp will/can bring players like Gotze/Reus/Gundogan to Liverpool

Cc this will happen.

With 0 signings/money spent, Klopp has taken us to a domestic cup final and a European semi-final...without even a full season in charge.
Signings will be very interesting and considering we've beaten the likes of Dortmund, players all over Europe will have taken notice.

No CL would be a blow if we didn't win the EL, but were we to do so, I'd be very optimistic about our transfer manager.
Klopp with CL plus some definite improvements to make to our first team? We'd have the scope to bring in some high class players because they know they'd get a game.

Even without CL, it's clear that Liverpool are going somewhere under Klopp so I'm sure we'll sign at least a few very good players.
(edited 8 years ago)
How well do you think Man Utd would be doing in comparison if Van Gaal hadn't brought in so many players and tried the youth first?

------------------De Gea-----------------
Fosu-M.--Smalling--Blind--Shaw/Rojo
-----------Herrera--Schneiderlin--------
Lingard---------Rooney---------Martial
----------------Rashford-----------------
Original post by ozzyoscy
How well do you think Man Utd would be doing in comparison if Van Gaal hadn't brought in so many players and tried the youth first?

------------------De Gea-----------------
Fosu-M.--Smalling--Blind--Shaw/Rojo
-----------Herrera--Schneiderlin--------
Lingard---------Rooney---------Martial
----------------Rashford-----------------

Replace schneiderlin with Fosu Mensah in CDM and then put Darmian at RB or look for a youth player to play RB.
Original post by barnetlad
I hope LVG stays- contracts should be honoured.

He hasn't been good enough. Fighting West Ham for 5th place isn't good enough.
Original post by KingKoala
Replace schneiderlin with Fosu Mensah in CDM and then put Darmian at RB or look for a youth player to play RB.

Darmian has been terrible recently
Hope we don't regret our team changes today, should be enough.

I was scared but then I saw Memphis' name, that reassured me a little
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Hope we don't regret our team changes today, should be enough.

I was scared but then I saw Memphis' name, that reassured me a little

Our U16s should be beating this Villa team. They're utter ****
We're playing at home to the lowest team in the table who have all but been relegated, we don't need to play Fellaini! (We never need to play him anyway.)

Spoiler

Would've been great to see Herrera and Schneiderlin together. We could have really seen some potentially decent football today but not now, now that that tree is lying in the centre.

Also, why is Martial not starting and Rooney is suddenly thrown into a starting spot when he only played a few minutes a few days ago?

Pleased Memphis is starting at least. Nice to give him a chance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not a bad lineup actually, glad to see a bit of rotation.

Remember we have a midweek game, so expect to see TFM and co back for that.

Thoughts on Memphis @KingKoala

@trapking how you doing m8

@difeo
Original post by qasidb
We're playing at home to the lowest team in the table who have all but been relegated, we don't need to play Fellaini! (We never need to play him anyway.)

Spoiler

Would've been great to see Herrera and Schneiderlin together. We could have really seen some potentially decent football today but not now, now that that tree is lying in the centre.

Also, why is Martial not starting and Rooney is suddenly thrown into a starting spot when he only played a few minutes a few days ago?

Pleased Memphis is starting at least. Nice to give him a chance.

I assume it's because if you're going to bring your striker back from injury and give him minutes, you'd give him as many as possible at home to Villa. Herrera is injured.
Original post by zKlown
Not a bad lineup actually, glad to see a bit of rotation.

Remember we have a midweek game, so expect to see TFM and co back for that.

@trapking how you doing m8

I'm good bruh, got exams soon and you?

Also wow I never thought I would see the day Martial get benched!
Blind's passing on point today...
I don't see how many man of the match performances Fellaini needs to give before we learn to forgive him for his weaknesses as we do to every other player.

Martial can do with a rest
Yeah, I don't necessarily see peoples' problem with Fellaini. He fulfils the same 'aggressive little ****' role as Roy Keane, just not really as well and with a different role going forward.
GOATford scores - have a bet on him to bag a goal and United to win. Easy.
Crikey, we scored a goal in the first half.
GOATford :love:

Latest