The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jess992
Are you doing an honours year? If so it would be Bachelor of Nursing Honours cause it doesn't specify what branch yet... if your only doing 3 years I'm not sure that's probably still the one I would pick because the funding is the same for the first 3 years for everyone. You could always phone them if you're not sure, they're usually really nice and its always dead easy to change stuff, its not like set in stone cause people's circumstances change so much.

I'm going into undergrad yeah, I selected that bachelor one but the course code didn't match it all all 1460749273386.jpg the code doesn't match B60 which is also stated on their website.. this is the issue :frown: I've selected all of them and no codes match. It's the 3 year bachelor course so I just don't understand what's going on :frown:

Think I'll have to ring them up on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TRsmithson
one of my friends on Facebook has got in at York for childrens nursing and she is firming it!

That's great! Hopefully I should hear back soon then
I've just started my NHS bursary forms and reduced maintenance loan. Is that all the student finance I can apply for? I'm worried I'll miss something important and then be left with no money to survive hahaha
Original post by beckyyhenderson
I've just started my NHS bursary forms and reduced maintenance loan. Is that all the student finance I can apply for? I'm worried I'll miss something important and then be left with no money to survive hahaha

Have a look to see if your university offers any scholarships, I know Leeds do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
Have a look to see if your university offers any scholarships, I know Leeds do.

No actually I'll have a look at them now. Thank you! I did some maths and taking everything I'm entitled to into account I'm meant to live on £25 a week after I pay rent. I not a big spender but I think that might be cutting it
No actually I'll have a look at them now. Thank you! I did some maths and taking everything I'm entitled to into account I'm meant to live on £25 a week after I pay rent. I not a big spender but I think that might be cutting it

I live in Wales but I rang student finance Wales and that is all I was entitled to😔 My entitlement doesnt even cover my rent!! I'm left £500 short for the year! it's so tight - I don't know how they expect us to live off it!
Original post by Djroberts95
I live in Wales but I rang student finance Wales and that is all I was entitled to😔 My entitlement doesnt even cover my rent!! I'm left £500 short for the year! it's so tight - I don't know how they expect us to live off it!

No way! It's ridiculous really but there's nothing that can be done really. It's a good jobs I've got a supportive family who are prepared to give me a little something extra otherwise I wouldn't know what else to do!
No way! It's ridiculous really but there's nothing that can be done really. It's a good jobs I've got a supportive family who are prepared to give me a little something extra otherwise I wouldn't know what else to do!

I agree! Don't get me wrong coming out of uni with hardly any debt is amazing as my sisters just finished her teaching degree and has almost 30k debt! But i think we still should have the option to get the full student loan if needed! I'm havin to keep my job on at the weekends to try and support my living which is going to be tough alongside my nursing degree but have to be done!😁

Coyld you register for some bank work?
See I haven't finished my Bursary app yet because I need my Husband's p60 before I do but I know that whatever I get, I'll actually be getting more than I do now. At the moment I am not working and haven't since I had my little boy so I get Child benefit of £20 a week atm and am basically living off my Husband. We'll have to pay out quite a bit in Childcare but my Husband owns our house outright so no mortgage or rent x
Original post by CaitlinN15
I'm going into undergrad yeah, I selected that bachelor one but the course code didn't match it all all 1460749273386.jpg the code doesn't match B60 which is also stated on their website.. this is the issue :frown: I've selected all of them and no codes match. It's the 3 year bachelor course so I just don't understand what's going on :frown:

Think I'll have to ring them up on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I would just phone them if you're unsure, they'll be able to get your file up and see what you mean, I must have phoned them like a dozen times with random wee questions when I was at uni before.. getting SAAS is not a smooth process haha! As long as you've got lots of time to get it sorted you'll be fine!
Original post by Jess992
Yeah I would just phone them if you're unsure, they'll be able to get your file up and see what you mean, I must have phoned them like a dozen times with random wee questions when I was at uni before.. getting SAAS is not a smooth process haha! As long as you've got lots of time to get it sorted you'll be fine!

Ahaha yeah I also have to apply with Student Finance England as well so hopefully I don't have the same issue twice. And well I hope to get my forms sent off this week, will have to ring them up on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone firmed UWS Dumfries for Adult Nursing? Im totally over the moon to have just accepted an unconditipnal place 😊 This was my only choice so all my hopes were pinned on it! Hope to see some of you there! 😆
Anyone firmed university of Leeds for adult nursing?
Original post by Niamac82
Anyone firmed university of Leeds for adult nursing?

I've firmed for children's nursing and all branches are together in the first year so may see you around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone firmed Keele for Adult Nursing Sept 2016?? :smile:
Anyone heard anything (offers/rejections) for Bedfordshire nursing (any branch) ? Someone who went for interview told me they were told that offers will go out W/C 18th April, just curious if any have :smile:
Reply 3617
Original post by 123Brooke
Me too! Would you mind please letting me know which halls you are going to choose? Thank you.

I've also firmed Southampton! I put Archers Road for my first choice since I couldn't afford the mayflower/city en suits!
Original post by 123Brooke
Me too! Would you mind please letting me know which halls you are going to choose? Thank you.

I was thinking Glen Eyre (ensuit room) as my first choice as it is close to campus and in good walking distance but I am not sure about what other choice beciase I would like it to be a short bus ride from the hospital if we are going to be doing placement there. Hard desision what do you think?
Branch: Adult Nursing
Applying to: Manchester, Glasgow Cal, Napier, Salford, Coventry
I am currently living in Australia so I am coming home to go to uni hopefully if I get in. I have experience in the fact I have done a year long Nursing Studies FETAC PLC in Ireland. I absolutely loved it and learned so much. Along with nursing theory we did practical taking vitals, First Aid etc. I also have experience working in an adult day service for adults with sever mental and physical disabilities. I absolutely loved volunteering in the centre and learned so much. I also have experience in a nursing home as a care assistant and a Montessori. I am really hoping I have enough experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending